“Good stop on the 401”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Woodstock
Michigan
“Good stop on the 401”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed here with our grandson while travelling home. Hotel staff was very friendly, price was right and most importantly, room, and all the hotel, was very clean. Breakfast selection was good, room was tidy, kudos to the young lady looking after the area. We didn't use the pool so no comment there.
Walking distance to several restaurants.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ScubaTeam
Imran M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodstock, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback, and for choosing to stay with us during your travels home. I am pleased to hear you were happy with the cleanliness of our rooms and hotel -- I will ensure your feedback is communicated to the breakfast bar hostess, and I'm sure she'll appreciate your comments.
Thank you again for staying with us, and we look forward to your next visit to Woodstock.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This rather new property is one of the best you can find along the 401 corridor. My room was outstanding. Lots of room, walk-in shower and hardwood floors. Across the street there are a few restaurants...so very convenient. A great stay...thanks

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Imran M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodstock, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
It was our pleasure to have you as our guest during your recent visit to Woodstock. I'm glad to hear your room was to your liking, and that you were able to take advantage of the great restaurants conveniently located right across the street.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we hope to see you again the next time you're in Woodstock!
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This Hotel, was very accommodating location wise, size of rooms where spacious and very clean. A lot of nice features, well laid out, décor was up to date, pool was clean and surrounding pool area was tidy. Lifeguard on duty after 5 pm, when waterslide opened, very strict policy on number of bodies in pool and safety in pool when someone going down slide was a must.
Amazing All you can eat breakfast buffet, eggs, pancakes, home made biscuits, cereal, muffins, bagels, yogurt, help yourself to milk, orange juice and coffee. Just one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in and very impressed on how well service and housekeeping was maintained over the weekend, considering the number of hockey teams that were staying at the hotel.
Kudos to staff, security guard at night and manager for taking such pride in the work they do at this hotel! I would definitely stay here again and I have recommended this place to friends, family and co-workers already and highly recommend everyone to stay here when visiting Woodstock, or surrounding areas.

Room Tip: Standard Room is spacious, but if you desire a Suite, it is truly not much bigger then the standard...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank PinaT777
Imran M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodstock, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words and recommendations. Safety of our guests is one of our top priorities here at the hotel, so I'm glad our efforts and policies helped you enjoy your stay even with the number of hockey teams also staying with us.
We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and service, so I am pleased to see our high standards met your expectations.
Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Woodstock.
Ontario
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Let me start off by saying that we visited this hotel with a hockey team, and I believe there were approximately 15 families staying at the hotel. We booked a suite and it was very nice, probably the nicest room we've stayed in for a tournament. What makes this review a 3 star are two things: 1) the pool - my 4 year old son and I were turned away at the door by a very frazzled lifeguard on the Friday evening because the pool was over capacity. She had probably 15 kids standing on the deck waiting for their turn on the slide. The pool is VERY small, definately not large enough for this hotel. Very disappointing considering that was the main reason we booked the hotel for the kids. 2) The staff. Check-in was easy and the clerk was nice enough. However, one family had their room given away due to an error on reception's part, and the team was broken up between floors (we booked months in advance). The ?clerk walked the halls on the Friday night suggesting the adults rent the conference room to gather and chat. On Saturday morning however when the coach asked at the desk, he was told we were not eligible to fill out the contract?? It does not make any sense to me why they would scatter the team around the hotel, at least book us all on the same floor so that we won't bother anyone socializing. All in all, it is a nice hotel, very clean, and breakfast was good. If you're travelling with a group however, I would make sure your block is booked together. Otherwise you will be asked to go into your room at 10pm.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank mom2nolanbrody
Imran M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodstock, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We do try to ensure that the hotel is well suited for both business and leisure travelers, but unfortunately we are bound by municipal and provincial regulations which is why the lifeguard may have limited the number of individuals in the pool area, as Oxford County regulations only permit 23 individuals in our pool area at a time. I truly apologize for this but unfortunately it is for the safety of all our guests. We also try to ensure teams rooms are placed close to each other and on the same floor, but since it depends on the type of rooms each team books and that there are only so many rooms of each room type on each floor, it does turn into a bit of a jigsaw puzzle which results in the teams having to be split between floors. I apologize that your team was split, but please know that we did everything we could to keep them together -- we also prefer the team rooms to be on the same floor :)
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your room, breakfast and the hotel-- I'm glad enjoyed the amenities our hotel has to offer, and once again I apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. If you would like to discuss further, please don't hesitate to contact me as we welcome guest feedback -- it's the best way for us to know what to do better!
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stay here when I'm in the area for work. Clean, great service, modern for a Holiday Inn (nice rooms). Breakfast included, isn't anything special. Location is great for getting onto the 401 quickly...........................

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. We do take cleanliness and service very seriously so I'm glad that those areas met your expectations during your stay. I believe Holiday Inn is working on a larger variety of breakfast options that we're allowed to use, so we'll continue to work with them on that to increase the value of amenities offered to our guests.
We appreciate your feedback and business, and hope to see you soon!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I'll start with the good. The staff is very friendly and efficient. The rooms are clean, have refrigerators and microwaves and are nicely furnished. All of the common areas are clean. The downsides are the rooms have very poor lighting- if you're a man, you'll not care, but bar none, every woman I know who has stayed here has commented on the lighting. Or lack of. The beds are fine but not the most comfortable I've slept in in this category of hotel. The breakfast is fine but nothing to write home about. Pretty run of the mill; standard morning fare for many hotels in this class. One frustration for me is that despite the "hang your towels if you want to reuse and save the earth," mine are often still switched out. The past few stays (I stay for a week at a time), this hasn't been an issue and they only switched them out if I left them on the floor. Overall, it's a fine hotel. It ticks the really important boxes (clean and safe) but is lacking in a few simple areas. Fix the lighting, improve the breakfast a bit, offer Priority Club members bottled water (one per day would be good), and have housekeeping do better with only switching out linens when guests want and this would be as good a hotel as in this category.

Room Tip: If you're traveling for business, ask for a desk with an actual desk. Many just have a small ro...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your feedback, and choosing to stay with us during your visits to Woodstock. I sincerely apologize for the poor lighting in the rooms - I have spoken with our maintenance department and we have started replacing the light bulbs in the rooms with brighter 4100K bulbs, so that should help out with the lighting issue. With regards to the linen reuse program, we have reminded housekeeping that only towels on the floor or in the tub should be replaced as part of our commitment to environmental sustainability.
I'd also like to thank you for being a Priority Club member, and don't forget to play Priority Club Plinko upon check-in for your chance to win prizes, including a chance to win 1,000 PCR points. We also have cold and room-temp water bottles at the front desk for all guests, so please don't hesitate to ask for one on your way in or out.
Once again, we really appreciate the candid feedback and thank you for choosing our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back!
London
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Everything was very nice at the hotel except when I turned back the covers there were several black hairs on the sheets! Also when I went to look in the bathroom there were more in the bathtub which really turned me off. The staff was nice upon checkin, but when I called down to see where the light switches were she was very snippy and rude. Also the pillows were very uncomfortable, I ended up sleeping without one since it was more comfortable than sleeping on those pillows. Very disapointed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bobby_12345
Imran M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodstock, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you very much for your honest feedback. We do take items like this very seriously, especially since we pride ourselves on the cleanliness and service that we offer. We have very strict procedures in place for cleaning rooms where every room is double-checked for cleanliness by a housekeeping supervisor before a guest checks into the room, so I am very surprised that there were hairs on your bed and in your shower -- I take full ownership of these issues and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Perhaps you would be willing to give us another try and let us showcase the cleanliness and service our hotel has to offer? If so please don't hesitate to contact me and I will ensure your stay is perfect.
Once again, thank you for your honest feedback and we hope to see you again the next time you're in Woodstock.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Best Western Plus Woodstock Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Ingersoll
The Bruce Hotel
The Bruce Hotel
#3 of 18 in Stratford

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodstock? Share your experiences!