“My Favorite Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodstock
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Woodstock
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I love this hotel. I am a platinum member and travel a lot. This is my favorite holiday Inn. I have stayed here a number of times. Good location, clean rooms. A business persons idea of perfection. keep up the great work.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank jack b
HIEX_Woodstock, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2012

Wow! Being the favourite Holiday Inn for a Platinum Priority Club member is a true honour. Thank you very much for your compliments -- we do try to ensure our business guests have everything they need when away from home, so I'm glad we were able to attain "perfection".
Thank you for choosing us!

Reviewed December 13, 2011

I come to Woodstock a lot for business and love that the Holiday Inn is now open. It is new, clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The workout facility is sufficient (treadmills, free weights - to 25 lbs. and all in one machine) and the pool is just "ok". The slide is open only on weekends and they do not have a jacuzzi.

On the upside, the breakfast (served till 9:30) is great and they have a pancake machine that makes surprisingly good pancakes.

Also, I love the fact that they give you both soft and firm pillows on the bed and that they label them as such for you.

Overall, I enjoy my stays here and I know you will to!

Room Tip: The way the hotel is positioned, I don't see any "bad" rooms here, but I always ask fo...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank TMuff

Great! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us!
I know I'm going off on a bit of a tangent, but I occasionally stay overnight at the hotel to ensure I experience everything from "the guest's perspective". Anyway, after reading the last few reviews, I stayed over last weekend and finally tasted the pancakes again, and you're absolutely correct -- for a machine that makes you pancakes in 45 seconds, they were pretty good!
Thanks again, and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed December 6, 2011

The room was average, except for the beds being queens instead of doubles, that's nice.

The pool was very small. The slide was big and fun for the kids, but with the slide open there was only a VERY small space left for those who didn't want to use the slide, about 3' by 10'. That was disappointing.

Breakfast was good, with scrambled eggs, hot sausage, and many other options.

Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathleen_1418

Thank you for your honest feedback. Yes, the waterslide is a huge attraction for the kids during team weekends, but unfortunately that leaves a smaller space for recreational swimming. We have extended the recreational swimming area by another foot, but next time you are planning to stay with us please don't hesitate to call and we'd be happy to inform you whether or not we will be hosting a sports team that weekend. If there is a team in, we can always schedule specific times for waterslide use and other times for recreational use. When the waterslide is not in use, the entire pool is open to recreational swimmers.

Thank you for your compliments on our hot breakfast and our helpful staff. If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call the hotel and ask for me.

Imran

Reviewed November 23, 2011

I have been to a lot of Holiday Inn Express sites.
They are all fantastic. This one somehow goes one better.

Beautiful room, great staff, great location just a wonderful experience.
If you visit Woodstock, just close your eyes and book this hotel.

Room Tip: This is the hotel you want to stay at
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
HIEX_Woodstock, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2011

Thank you! I am pleased to see you enjoyed your experience at our hotel, and I particularly like your Room Tip: "This is the hotel you want to stay at"... we truly appreciate your endorsement, and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed November 3, 2011

We stayed in a two queen bed suite on October 28, 2011. The hotel is attractive with a nice layout and colour scheme. We were quite happy with our suite as well. Having said that, we feel we should comment on the breakfast that was included in the rate - which we feel cheapened the experience. The breakfast room was nice enough but the dining experience felt very "plastic". Pancakes come out of a machine when you press a button, utensils were all plastic and plates & cups were styrofoam. This was advertised as being a "hot breakfast" so needless to say we were expecting to be offered something decent. Had this hotel stepped things up a bit and used proper plates and cutlery, and e at least made their own pancakes, we would've been satisfied with our stay. So, we give the facility itself a 4 out of 5 and the breakfast a 0.

Carol & Charles
Grimsby, Ontario

Room Tip: Book a suite, as opposed to a room. Suites have a couch, coffee table, tv, and mini kitchenette wit...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your honest feedback. Our Express Start hot breakfast is a feature that is very delicious, but I see your point about the plastic cutlery and styrofoam plates. Unfortunately the styrofoam and plastic are a standard that all Holiday Inn Express hotels must abide by, but we are working towards changing that with a classier and more environmentally friendly alternative. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your suite and the layout of the hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed October 30, 2011

I usually stay in Holiday Inn Express hotels because of predictable quality, but this location exceeded my expectations. The room was clean and comfortable and totally modern. The front desk staff was courteous and helpful. The breakfast was decent. The hotel is conveniently located next to the highway and there are stores and restaurants nearby. We were visiting London, ON for a concert and the drive to Woodstock is about 40 mins, but the hotel made the commute worthwhile.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank IndianaDan

Thank you for staying with us. Our goal is always to exceed expectations, and I am pleased to see we succeeded with your stay. I always tell everyone that we have the best staff around, and I'm glad they were able to help you out. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 13, 2011

Very suprised how good and clean this hotel is. Staff is very mannered, compimentry newspaper and breakfast. Great sleep. Holiday Inn has really brought it back.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
HIEX_Woodstock, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2011

Thank you very much! I'm glad we were able to surprise you in such a positive way! Yes, with the relaunch of the new Holiday Inn hotels, the brand really has brought it back to a upscale, contemporary feel. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Best Western Plus Woodstock Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 3 in Ingersoll
Best Western Plus The Arden Park Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodstock? Share your experiences!