Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
MacNeil's Motel(North Sydney)
View Hotel
Kow's Inn(Little Bras d'Or)
View Hotel
The Clansman Motel(North Sydney)
Hotel North(North Sydney)
View Hotel
All reviewshot tubcape bretoncabot trailcamp fireslice of heavenrocky beachnova scotiathought of everythingbase campthree nightshighlands national parkbreakfast was deliciousgeneral storeeach morningmoon shininghammockslonnie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 14, 2009

We stayed with Lonnie and Roy for 3 nights and could not have enjoyed our stay more. They were both wonderful hosts with Lonnie having lots of information on what to do and where to eat. She will also help book your tours and can get you discounts with some of the tour operators that she sends a lot of business to. By the way, I strongly recommend the Puffin tour. It was absolutely outstanding,

Last but not least, Lonnie makes a wonderful breakfast every morning cooked the way you like it and on nice days you eat on the deck overlooking the water. Lonnie also makes available some nice touches like umbrellas, books and VCR tapes that can be handy. And although we didn't have time to sit in the hot tub, everyone that did really enjoyed it.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2009

We stayed at the Sea Parrot for one night in fall. For breakfast, the lady who owns the place joined us on the beautiful terrace overlooking the ocean. She must have thought that we were not Nova Scotians because of our foreign accent , and she made some really negative remarks about the locals and the Cape Bretoners in general, being lazy and not wanting to work and so on.. We didn't think that that was a very professional composure for someone who chose this location for their business.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
SEAPARROT, OWNER at Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2009

I got this very up-setting review today I was very shocked at this particular guest's review.

We at the Sea Parrot,pride ourselves in giving our community lots of support and especially sending other locals & bsinesses many referrals.

As we ow consider ourselvescape bretoners and residents and having been here for 9 years. We are esected by the local and extending communities on and off the trail.

This guest was totally out of line with their comments and I would appeciate an apology. I do remember the couple and when they stayed with us. They had a great room great breakfast and wonderful location, but they they comment about that of course not. Sorry if they mis-understood our casual conversation @ breakfast.

Hopefully future guest's wanting to book w/us will over-look this review and again it was very up-setting to me.

SINCERELY,
MANAGEMENT

Reviewed September 12, 2008

My wife, children, and I visited Cape Breton in July, 2008, and stayed several nights at the Sea Parrot Ocean Manor. In general, the property is directly on the ocean, and affords spectacular (read as: second to none) views. The on-site, outdoor hot-tub is an excellent bonus, and the guest suite we stayed in was nicely appointed.

The property offers an odd combination of technology amenities (e.g. there was a satellite TV system in our suite, but no in-suite internet access; also, there are no telephones in the guest suites.

Given that many visitors are from outside of Canada, the suites should offer direct phone/internet connectivity (cell/wireless internet service is spotty in Cape Breton, roaming fees are generally high in Canada, et. al.) In all fairness, you can wander into the main house and use their phone (or their internet connection), though, for the three hour conference call I needed to host, that wasn't a realistic option.

The included breakfasts were adequate. That may sound catty, but, given the "five-star" category the property promotes itself as belonging to (and the commensurate nightly rates charged), it missed the mark. They should rethink their on-site food service strategy (hint: the bakery/restaurant next door has some of the best food I've ever eaten).

Also worth nothing, there isn't a grocery or liquor store within a 15-mile radius of the property. If you wish to drink wine or snack on-property, (there are bottle openers and stemware in the suites), stock-up en-route.

The owners are pleasant, and although being relatively new to the hospitality business, are off to a good start.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Jorge013
Reviewed August 21, 2008

I had booked this lodging after having read the reviews on this site. I got a very friendly contact with Lonnie via e-mail, with useful advice.

The welcome upon arrival was very friendly too. The cottage that we got was the second in a row of newly-built accomodation. It included 2 bedrooms with queen beds and a living room with a convertible sofa-bed, a very nice kitchen, outdoor corner with a beautiful view on the sea and nearby islands, outside BBQ. In contrast with these ideal features, since this was booked for my family of 5 + my mother, it would have been too small for all of us had my mother been able to make it (we were only 5 in the end so it was OK for our lot). All the more that the sofa-"bed" has a 10 cm thick mattress, therefore making it very unconfortable except for kids like mine. The beds themselves have spring mattresses which are much less confortable than traditional hotel beds. The rest of the furniture is basic. The walls between "cottages" are paper thin and the kitchen has the bare minimum in terms of plates. On the other side, DVD are available to borrow in large quantities, silverware is plentiful, the bathroom is large and confortable, lots of outdoor games are available for kids, the setting is very nice.

As you can read, this place is quite a paradox. I believe that it would be useful for the Sea Parrot to aim for less ambitious goals in terms of standard and provide what it does best, an extremely friendly and nicely located place with standard accomodation that would deserve a somewhat lower price.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank patcanada31
SEAPARROT, OWNER at Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2008

In response to this review from management.
Needless to say I was very shocked to hear that this guest needed additional things for their stay with us and did not ask me. One of the final phrases that I say a couple of times when I check-in guests is “if there is anything you need while your are here, please do not hesitate to ask me and I will do my very best to get it for you” Most of our mattresses are med. to firm. If you had any mattress issues I could have given this guest and any guest down toppers which I have given to other guests who like a softer mattress. As for the 2-bedroom cottage they had not being able to accommodate 5-pp or even 6-pp. the cottages are 725sq. ft. inside. We have many families larger than this family was in the same cottages and we can accommodate all situations with additional beds if necessary. All of these cottages have double sound proof walls and I have never had anyone complain. All these guests had to do was just ask for anything and we would have been more than happy to accommodate them immediately. We have over 800 plus guests a year and again I wish this guest had told me of any needs, instead of posting this review on line especially when we are always there for our guests.

We like to know things while guests are on site so we can address it a.s.a.p. We can’t fix something for a guest If we are not aware if something is wrong. We pride ourselves in making our guests as comfortable as possible during their stay w/us.

Management

Reviewed August 17, 2008

We can't really add too much more to what has already been written here. The place is great - right on the ocean, great views. The hosts are very helpful and forthcoming with information, and recommendations. Breakfast was great. Location is great as well - for both Baddeck and the Cabot Trail. Clearly, they want folks to have a great experience and come back again. We stayed in the Nautical Room which was huge, with a seating area, kitchen area and little balcony. Unfortunately we had rainy weather, so we didn't get a chance to sit out there, or on one of the many chairs on their large lawn, which runs down to the water. We could have stayed longer, and would go back.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Muriel803