“Relaxation ensured”

Playa Koralia
London
“Relaxation ensured”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed three nights here in October 2012 and enjoyed it very much. Every guest has their own separate hut which has a private outdoor toilet and shower. Having a shower in the sunlight and looking up at the sky was one of the highlights of the trip. There is no hot water for the shower but as the climate here is hot it really does not matter.

You are provided with breakfast, lunch and dinner as part of the price of staying here. Please note that you do not have a choice of what you get to eat but all meals I had were absolutely delicious and were an ample size.

This place is very quiet and there is hardly anyone on the wild beach. The sea was a bit rough when we were there so I am not sure how good a swimming beach it is but that may have just been when we were there.

Playa Koralia is a place to relax and take time out - you will be hard pressed to find a better place to do this. The scenery is very beautiful here and you will spot various wildlife. If you would like to do some activities some days the staff can arrange this for you and one day we went walking in Tayrona National park with a guide which was very enjoyable (take walking shoes and make sure you have plenty of water).

If you enjoy massages there is a spa here that does that.

To summarise this place is in a beautiful natural setting, the staff are very friendly, the food is good, the weather hot and the vibe is very relaxed.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank scotttravellernz
koralia, Front Office Manager at Playa Koralia, responded to this review, November 22, 2012

While we do offer a chef's daily menu, the kitchen will always work with your dietary restrictions (allergies, vegetarian, vegan, raw, etc .. )

As noted before, the ocean at Koralia is much like the rest of the country: Never static! Some days calm and clear, other days oceanic it's power. That is part of the natural brillance of Koralia (I think :) - that you truly are a part of the greatness of nature!

~pk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Wow, this is a fabulous place for peaceful,restful holiday. The rooms are wonderful and they all have special touches. The use of flowers adds to the ambiance. The food is fabulous, beautifully presented and plenty of it. The massage therapies are really good and I reccommend a chiropractic session - quite unlike anything I've had before.

Room Tip: The rooms are done out in colours so if you like a particular colour then you might like to specify...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
koralia, Public Relations Manager at Playa Koralia, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you very much for mentioning your enjoyment of the dining at Playa Koralia!

We have worked very hard of the past 2 years to improve in that area!

best
Halmstad, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had the most amazing time in this tranquil place. I needed to be in a quiet loving place to kick back and get new energy after travelling far too much and Koralia gave me that. When being at the beach I felt I had it all to myself, just me and the sea, no restaurants at the sea front, people selling you things or loud music, just the waves. If I wanted music I could go to the bar or the restaurant, but when on the beach I could just let go and relax. Lovely! The hotel arranges tours if you want to see the surrounding area with the national park etc. The food is delicious! I stayed for two weeks, got a real tan and lots of new energy. Koralia is a true gem that I can highly recommend!!! Read my blog if you want to see photos and get some more info, www.mariekarlsson.blog.com.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dollar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Just back from Playa Koralia - what a place! We spent the first part of our stay with a group of friends and then stayed for an extra 6 days. Pure bliss, so tranquil. The accommodation is unique and surrounded in nature and right next to the hotel's very own quiet and rugged beach. The food is first class, the spa treatments are amazing and there's great local day trips - Tyrona is a must! This place is a hidden gem, only 45 mins - 1 hour from Santa Marta airport by bus / taxi. The owners and staff are so welcoming, friendly and helpful - you feel at home on holiday. A very big thanks to everyone for making our stay perfect!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

You're words fill us with joy. It seems as if you truly enjoyed every aspect of your stay!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Traveled with a big group of friends and was blown away by the awesomeness of Playa Koralia. Beautiful landscape, wonderful staff, delicious food- all of it contributed to one of the best experiences of my life. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hi D_

As with S_ you're group was a hoot from beginning to end. Some lasting memories from amanacer to tardecer!!

Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I went down with about 40 friends into the unknown and what we ended up with was the most beautiful... open hearted ...gorgeous land..best food ever trip I have ever had! The staff were simply the most thoughtful and lovely...Koralia was absolutely beautiful. The food made me remember why i should eat organic....and their hearts were something to write home about. Getting a break from the city to shower in the open air....feel the sun and rain on me as I was doing so was magical. The treated us like family and for that i am forever grateful. This is a wonderful place to undo the daily grind and remember what life is all about!

Room Tip: Go for a room away from the office...they are a little cooler ;)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hi S_ !

You're group will live forever in the annals of Koralia lore as one of the most cohesive and happiest!
Best to a wonderful future!!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I had been wanting to go to Playa Koralia for over a decade and I finally made it there with my family this August! As soon as we arrived we were greeted by their staff and offered us a refreshing and tasty aphrodisiac fruit beverage. After meet and greet, they gave us a tour of the space and followed by our bungalow, "Shanghai". Each bungalow has a name with particular theme. The best part of the bungalows are the bathrooms - outdoor shower, totally private and among a beautiful skyline at daytime and at night, surrounded by the sound of birds and the tropical setting. The beds are beautifully decorated with flower petals, and covered with mosquito netting which is wonderful. (I always get bit and while at Koralia, no bugs nor mosquitos came to my bed!). Koralia is very peaceful and quiet. One can hardly hear anyone else speak. One can walk around and discover the terrain filled with many hamocks for folks to relax at. and of course at each bungalow once has a hamoc too! I loved the decor of each cabana and it is so well cared for. It is very clean. Even the water at the bathroom sinks seemed so clean and pure, I could brush my teeth with the sink water.

The beach is magnificent, walking steps from the bungalows- the beach feels all to oneself, and the ocean is clean, (not polluted like in unfortunately seen in Santa Marta). The beach is surrounded by mountains and gorgeous lush tropical landscape. On one afternoon, we took a walk to the little town of Buritaca, a 35 minute walk on the beach..so pleasant! There are tours offered at Koralia for those wishing to explore the surrounding areas as well, such as "Ciudad Perdida" (the lost city)...I shall check it out during my next visit there!

The bar is quite a fun hang out place, where different music is played and tasty cocktails and juices served. I had the best pina colada there! I enjoyed the meals offered during our breakfast, lunch and dinners. Each meal is prepared fresh from the day. One must know that the meals are served the same menu to everyone, so it is not a la carte. I actually loved every dish, from fruits and salads to fresh seafood and paellas, soups, and fabulous desserts! Their coffee is so goood too! Everyone who works there are so friendly and accommodating.

Playa Koralia is a paradise. The whole purpose is to disconnect from the everyday work shift, not have tv either...to simply be in the moment. It is quite romantic too. This is the perfect vacation for someone in search of an oasis to be peaceful. It is not jet setting style nor water skiing type of place. It is sincerely a place to be oneself and feel safe and relaxed. The landscape and ocean is so inspiring, one may feel inclined to write, paint, read novels, search for more depth and feel grateful to be in a such special place!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We are so happy that you finally made it! We have conversed so many times :)
We are also happy to follow your artistic career. We hope we have inspired you a little with our natural forms!
~pk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buritaca
Merecumbe Hotel
Merecumbe Hotel
#1 of 1 in Buritaca
Villa Maria Tayrona - a Kali Hotel
Villa Maria Tayrona - a Kali Hot...
#1 of 3 in Tayrona National Park
Gitana del Mar Boutique Beach Resort
Playa Bonita
Playa Bonita
#5 of 10 in Buritaca

Been to Playa Koralia? Share your experiences!