Stayed three nights here in October 2012 and enjoyed it very much. Every guest has their own separate hut which has a private outdoor toilet and shower. Having a shower in the sunlight and looking up at the sky was one of the highlights of the trip. There is no hot water for the shower but as the climate here is hot it really does not matter.
You are provided with breakfast, lunch and dinner as part of the price of staying here. Please note that you do not have a choice of what you get to eat but all meals I had were absolutely delicious and were an ample size.
This place is very quiet and there is hardly anyone on the wild beach. The sea was a bit rough when we were there so I am not sure how good a swimming beach it is but that may have just been when we were there.
Playa Koralia is a place to relax and take time out - you will be hard pressed to find a better place to do this. The scenery is very beautiful here and you will spot various wildlife. If you would like to do some activities some days the staff can arrange this for you and one day we went walking in Tayrona National park with a guide which was very enjoyable (take walking shoes and make sure you have plenty of water).
If you enjoy massages there is a spa here that does that.
To summarise this place is in a beautiful natural setting, the staff are very friendly, the food is good, the weather hot and the vibe is very relaxed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privacy is found as the ocean breaks on the beach and you are the only one to witness its fall. Playa Koralia gives you that experience and more, one hour away from Santa Marta (Colombia). Time stops as nature defines each space; sand, paradise, sea, fresh water, palms, light & shade. The elements come together where the rivers flowing from the snow-capped peaks of the Sierra Nevada flow into the blue Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Playa Koralia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Koralia Hotel Buritaca
- Playa Koralia Colombia/Buritaca