Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ferno
Shanghai, China
“Not impressed”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I stayed 1 night at this hotel. I did not take a flight, but had meetings in the area so as platinum SPG member, so i decided to go with my preferred hotel chain. I was not impressed. When I arrived with my car, there was no bell boy to tell me where I should park and take my luggage,... all other staff did not find it important enough and said all the time I should refer to the bell boy who was not there for almost 10 minutes.

Check-in was very impersonal, but not unfriendly. Check-out was friendly and VERY fast (which is good). The discount for the airport parking is good.

Good thing is that the rooms are equipped with normal blinds, but also silver colored blinds to make it very dark when you have to sleep during the day. That is good when you are in the room,.... but it looks extremely messy and cheap when you look at the hotel from outside or out of the window. If they would have gone for normal night blinds (not silver) that would have been a much better option.

The room that I received was a junior suite - well the room is big, but rather un charming. Due to a construction mistake you always have the complete bathroom wet when you shower.

The many TV channels from all over the world is good (world TV).

Breakfast is normally bad in Italy, but I expected it to be better in a hotel like Sheraton,... well think again!! It was very basic. There was even no fresh coffee from a proper machine,... you had to get is from a nescafe machine,... How can that be? When I am in Italy I want a fresh Latte Macchiato in the morning and not some instant crap.

The lounge is a joke. Access is with your room key and no staff to help you. Selection is little.

So all together not a bad hotel, but not worthy of the Sheraton brand,....

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
SheratonMilan, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Gentile Dutchguy_in_China,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and for your constructive feedback. We regret to learn that you have not been totally satisfied with your stay at Sheraton Malpensa.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the lack of attention to your needs and for the perception of not being assisted from the beginning.
All our guests are important for us and as a Platinum Member we are sorry for not being able to meet your usual expectations while travelling.

We are an airport hotel and the building is a modern and designed construction; also built in lenght being internally the airport hub for safety reason as per airport policies. The mirror tents have been applied to secure, privacy first and blind to guarantee a good sleep for our guests.

Our Sheraton Club situated at the third floor is serviced by an associate from 6:00 am till 11:00pm and is only accessible to club room and VIP/Platinum guests, from where they can enjoy a particular elite
atmosphere with some services free of charge such as breakfast, tea time, etc. We regret that the attendant on duty in the particular situation you have reported, was not present probably due to some unexpected service reasons. Your comments will be discussed with the departments involved during our internal meetings for the appropiate actions to take.

We trust that your travel agenda will bring you back to Sheraton Malpensa and in such a case meet the type of service and a better breakfast experience you expect from us.
Thanking you again, please accept our warmest regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Had an early flight out of Malpensa and booked two rooms at the Sheraton so we could sleep in a bit. The staff was very helpful before we arrived and emailed to see if we would prefer the rooms to be close to each other. We ended up having connecting rooms which was great. The rooms were very spacious and bathrooms were very nice. Our rooms were a far walk from the front desk, but for our one night stay it didn't bother us. Room service was quick and surprisingly plentiful and staff was very nice. If I have a flight to/from Malpensa in the future I would plan to stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank sunshinedaydream1
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed April 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed one night in March. We took the Malpensa Express from Milan. When After arriving at the platform, head up one floor and the Sheration is directly in front of you! Can't be easier than that. The check in process was fast. We were given the non smoking room we requested. We had a king bed that was extremely comfortable. The bath was well stocked. All in all a great way to spend our last night in Italy!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kpatton19
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I still cannot quite figure out while the hotel is so large -- there are a lot of big, open spaces that I'm not used to seeing outside of Communist countries. The walk from the elevator to our room was a hike and we were close to the beginning of rooms.

But the room itself was very stylish and comfortable. Despite a stressful day, I slept well and woke up refreshed. Staff at the front desk was friendly and helpful and breakfast was excellent.

Room Tip: If walking is an issue, be sure to ask where your room is located. It was a hike from the elevators...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Malibu, California
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Everytime I´ve stayed at the Sheraton Malpensa it´s been a great stay. This time the very efficient and cordial staff gave me an upgrade and the room was fantastic. Whenever possible I stay at this hotel as the rooms are great, comfortable beds, quiet and fantastic breakfasts. Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
SheratonMilan, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear sb5000,

Thank you for your stay with us and for your nice words ! Our main goal is to exceed our guest expectations and we
are more than glad to learn we are keeping our promise.
Look forward to welcome you back.

With our warmest regards,
NEPA
Reviewed March 26, 2014

With a 9 a.m. flight, this hotel is hands down the best option for the night before departing Malpensa. Located in terminal one, it is steps away from the entrance to the gates. It should be noted that the hotel is HUGE and your room can be a pretty serious walk to get to the front desk to check out.

My room was spacious and clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was quite large with a huge tub that I very much appreciated after the long trip to the airport.

The rating was very good and not excellent because of the terrible service in the restaurant. We were ignored for 20 minutes before anyone came to the table, we asked 3 times for bread (receiving it the 3rd time but had to retrieve our own oil) and my meal never came. We were given a complimentary glass of wine and the offer was made to order my meal but my dinner companion was finished and it was late. The food looked delicious but the service ensured I would not be returning.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
nyc
Reviewed March 24, 2014

as a site-specific hotel that caters specifically to those of us flying into or out of Malpensa, this hotel works great. it is connected to and only 3 minutes walk from the check-in or arrival areas of the airport. the hotel itself is clean and modern, and the staff are very friendly.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferno
MOXY Milan Malpensa Airport
Idea Hotel Plus Milano Malpensa Airport
Hotel Villa Malpensa
Hotel Villa Malpensa
#1 of 1 in Vizzola Ticino

Been to Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!