“Really convenient hotel”

Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ferno
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We decided to stay at this hotel the night before we flew back to Australia. I really didn't want to stay at an airport hotel, but we weighed up the convenience factor before a long flight home. We arrived there about 1.30 pm from a road trip from Santa Margherita Ligure and we were able to check in early. We then were able to drop our car off at the rental place which was close by. As there is not really anything to do at the airport, we decided to take the train into the city. The station is close to the hotel through some double sliding doors. The train trip for each of us was Euro 11 each, each way. It was well worth the effort even though we only spent about five hours there. On our return to the hotel, it was a welcome relief just to be able to relax in a spacious room with a huge comfortable bed. The breakfast next morning was included in our room rate, but if you didn't have it included it was Euro 20 each. The breakfast was really good with a huge choice and you could have an omelette made by the chef. This is a very nice hotel to stay for a night or two when convenience matters. By the way, you can't hear the aircraft taking off or landing.

Room Tip: Sorry, I didn't use the spa, so I can't comment.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,526)

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I just spent one night at the Sheraton Hotel at Malpensa airport. I have to say that I can´t imagine why there were so many negative reviews. I booked the room through the Sheraton website and got a very good rate. The hotel is very convenient to the airport and the staff were extremely pleasant. The room was very large, quiet and nicely decorated. The bed was extremely comfortable.

The bathroom was very nice and clean. My only comment here is that they should have a shelf in the shower as there was no place to put soap and shampoo.

The breakfast in the main restaurant was excellent and has a wide variety of choices. Additionally the wifi throughout the hotel is very fast.

If you are passing through Milan and need to spend the night at the airport, I would certainly recommend the Sheraton.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 26, 2013

If you have a morning flight out of Malpensa airport, and you want to avoid getting up early and the morning traffic from Milan, do as I did. I stayed at the Sheraton which is directly connected to the airport. Unlike the other airports' Sheraton, the rooms are really large, nice and clean. Book early and the rates are very reasonable. I booked a club room and had access to the club lounge, which is also spacious, unlike the Sheraton CDG. Very quick check in and check out. What I liked about it, I had a rented car where the delivery is at the same level of the Sheraton check in desk. One comment, when the front desk says that the club lounge is open till 11:pm, I expected to find some food bites until 11:00, and not by 10:00 when the food bar was cleared.
Overall, very convenient and reasonable.

Room Tip: Book Early
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Although I was hesitant after reading some of the reviews, we were very satisfied with our stay. After 2 weeks traveling around, our flight left early morning and we returned our rental car (which is literally at the end of the hotel) and walked over. Incredibly convenient to walk into the connected terminal the following morning.
Large room, incredibly quiet, a great night sleep. We had drinks in the bar and dinner in the restaurant- nothing exceptional, but not bad.
Recommend if you are flying out the next day- certainly beats a van or taxi, and Malpensa is quite a ways from the city.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This a fine hotel but the primary reason to stay here is the unbeatable connection to the airport. The rooms are quiet and well appointed. I have stayed here before for early morning flights, for which it can not be beat.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there one night. My flight arrived a little bit late than the schedule and I was glad I already booked this hotel.
The hotel is the only one attached to the terminal about 6minutes walk from the terminal.
Very huge lobby and even at midnight I was able to order a sandwich at the bar restaurant. Plenty of people in and our. Also to go to center of mildn the train station is outside the lobby. 29minutes and you are in Cardona main station. Express train non stop. I really loved the choice of this hotel for anyone arriving late or has an early flight. I got free Internet in the room because of my SPG. Plus free wifi in public areas.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We booked in for 1 nights stay at the end of our european holiday, this was one of the more expensive hotels and higher star rated but was the worst we have stayed at our whole trip. Our check in was easy, our room nice and big like you would expect from a Sheraton hotel, the television remote batteries were flat, we went down to reception and were told they will come up to fix it. A staff member promptly arrived but informed us they could not change the batteries as there techniction had gone home??? The WiFi which is stupidly expensive, 12 Euro for 24 hours does not even work, we signed on and it takes 20 minutes to download 1 email, this should be free if it's that poor. The hotel is loud, well at least where we were, our room was above a kitchen or staff working area, we were kept awake until 2am by staff being loud and banging things around. The rooms aren't double glazed so not sound proof, I understand we are in an airport so there would be noise but seems they have spent so much money on the hotel looking good architecturally and being so big but should have spent some money making it sound proof and comfortable for their guests, seeing that most people are here on stopovers and want sleep.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferno
MOXY Milan Malpensa Airport
Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport
Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport
#4 of 6 in Cardano al Campo
Idea Hotel Plus Milano Malpensa Airport

Been to Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!