“Practical place to stay”

Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ferno
Norway
“Practical place to stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Why would you stay at a hotel like this? Because it is close to the airport of course. It is located at terminal 1 of Malpensa and literally almost in the check in area. The room was big and clean. The restaurant was noisy and overall the hotel had the look of an industrial building (which it essentialyy is being a part of the terminal building). However, the quality of the hotel could have been lifted quite much just with simple measures.

Not very much to say about the hotel other than the location is excellent and that the breakfast was good (be aware that it is probably not included in the room charge).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SheratonMilan, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Sveino,
we want to thank you for choosing us and also for taking the time to write this kind review.
We are sorry that you didn’t like the design of our hotel! The Sheraton Milan Malpensa was designed in accordance with the specific rules of the airport, as well as the interior design has been focused to ensure the best protection from the outside noises.
We hope to have the chance to welcome you back!
With our warmest regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

The main - and probably only - reason to stay at this hotel is its location inside Malpensa Airport. Assuming you have a morning international flight, it is pure luxury to be able to leave your room and walk to your gate. That said, the rooms and amenities are very nice. I was a little concerned from reading previous reviews that the hall might be noisy in the wee hours and wake me up, but that didn't happen. Room-darkening curtains also help in getting a good night's sleep. The only downside is the very, very long walk to the rooms.

1 Thank SSIslandgirl
SheratonMilan, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear SSIslandgirl,
We are grateful to you for staying with us and we really appreciate your review!
As you experimented, our rooms are designed to ensure rest and relaxation, as well as the location is the first of our unique selling points, in terms of time saving for our guests.
We hope to welcome you back very soon at Sheraton Milan Malpensa!
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We had a bumpy 3am checkin from a delayed flight with one of our two rooms given away, but the staff worked fast to prep a room from someone leaving for an early flight, comped us for the rooms, and comped Internet for several days. We were quite happy as a result, and would come back. It's an easy 40 minute train into Milan.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I was a bit hesitant in choosing this hotel based on some reviews (that it was too big, that it was far from town, etc). I should not have worried at all, since I had a truly excellent stay at this hotel.

True, the hotel is big and getting to your room might be a bit of a walk, but if you ask for a room close enough to the lifts or the escalator, you should be alright. The hallways are long and wide so you won't feel the walls are closing in on you. But yes, just ask for rooms close to the entrance. During my stay there was some event/sales exhibition on the 1st floor (my floor), but I was not bothered by noise or the crowd. The hotel could very well take in the crowd, and I had a very quiet, peaceful stay in the end.

The rooms are new and well maintained. Points about the room:
1. The rooms are really big, maybe the size of two deluxe rooms in other hotels.
2. Bathroom was clean and spotless. Usual Sheraton amenities and toiletries.
3. I thought the bed was super-king. It felt like a really big bed!
4. I thought the working chair was the best I have ever sat on. Good ergonomics. Can somebody tell me the brand (I forgot to check, and I really did mean to).
5. Good working desk and the room is quiet enough to work in.

Other good things: good gym (well equipped), good restaurant-bar at the first floor. The cafe outside the train station (at the hotel basement) serves good sandwiches (I tried the Apollo and it was great, and cheap!).

Points to consider:
1. I realized that hotels in Italy don't have iron available in the room (they don't provide it either, if you ask for it). You have to do hotel laundry/pressing if you want a suit pressed. It can cost about 10 euros I think. Or you bring your travel iron.
2. If you want to spend a day in Milan, you need to plan well. The express trains (clean!!!) leave about every 40 minutes to the Cardona station (the stop for the Last Supper Painting, but not the Duomo which is three stops away from Cardona), and takes about 36 minutes. It costs 15 euros both ways. If you want to maximize your time in Milan, you need to leave early and then come back late -- so much for having a great hotel room though.
3. The hotel's closeness to the airport (Terminal 1) means that you check out from the hotel and be in the check-in counters in 5 minutes, and that is after some leisurely walk towards the terminal. I realized I've never been so calm walking into an airport knowing there was no way I was going to miss my flight. Also, buses to and from Terminal 2 wait outside the hotel (leaving every 7 minutes most parts of the day/night).

Maybe the only thing I could comment on was that there were only a few front-desk staff when a crowd of guests were trying to check in. Check-in process is quick as per Sheraton's standards, but if there is a crowd, you might have to wait awhile.

Room Tip: The ones close to lifts saves you time.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MYKNN
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

After 2 weeks in Italy, this respite prior to our morning flight was a heavenly way to end our trip
We drove down from Como, checked in, and got upgraded (just for asking) 89 euros was a steal !!!!
Good internet access, and an easy walk to the train trip into Milan. Ask at the front desk.
This place is sparkling new in appearance. GREAT bathrooms. Super quiet and a few hundred yards indoor walk to Terminal 1

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonMilan, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear PirateBenefactor,
Thank for your evaluation about Sheraton Milan Malpensa!
It’s a pleasure for us to give un upgrade to our dear customers, whenever it’s possible, and it’s rewarding to know that our guests have been satisfied.

We hope to see you soon at our check in desk!
An affectionate greeting from our team,
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is THE place to stay if you have a morning flight out of Malpensa. Last year when I was in Milan, I didn’t sleep well the night before my flight; I was worried about oversleeping, getting an early cab, and getting to the Malpensa Express train on time. This time, we drove to the airport a day early, dropped off our rental car, checked into the Sheraton, had massages and a nice dinner, slept peacefully, awoke refreshed, checked out of the hotel, and stepped out the door into the terminal.

This is the nicest airport hotel I’ve ever been to. Our room was probably the most comfortable one (and the cheapest) out of all the places we stayed on this trip. We didn’t have a view, but we didn’t have any noise either. There’s a fitness center and a spa, a lounge for drinks and snacks (where the WiFi is free), and a nice restaurant. I wish I had stayed there on the last trip. I’ll definitely stay there again if I return to Milan.

1 Thank daisy92008
SheratonMilan, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Daisy92008,
Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Milan Malpensa Hotel and for writing this kind review!
For us it’ s very important to know that our efforts are appreciated. The hotel was designed to offer the maximum level of comfort to our guests and, as you underlined, avoid them all the concerns regarding their travel.

We wish you will come back soon to the Sheraton Milan Malpensa!
Strasburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

We arrived from Milano via the Malpensa Express. We waled out the door and practically into the lobby of the Sheraton. We had pre-paid prior to our departure from Virginia so check-in was fast and efficient. The check-in staff was helpful and seemed genuinely happy we were staying at the Sheraton. We found our room but discovered someone had been smoking in a non-smoking room. I called the desk and said they were sorry it was not up to our standards and would switch us to another room. The gentleman they sent was actually running to get to us! Our new room was perfect - spacious, clean and quiet with NO noise from the outside. My only complaint is no free WiFi in the room unless you paid for it - which I did since I did not was to go to the lobby to use it. Conversely, we stayed at 5 star lodgings in Rome and Pisa and WiFi was available throughout their entire facilities. I would have given 5 stars except for the WiFi.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Don H,
We are pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and we would like to thank you for letting us know through Trip Advisor you have favorably impressed with the service and the location.
Regarding the internet facilities, are on payment only if used in the room, while are free of charge in all pubblic areas, also at our two link@sheraton at the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back soon,

Warmest regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferno
MOXY Milan Malpensa Airport
Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport
Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport
#4 of 6 in Cardano al Campo
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,101 reviews

Been to Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!