Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
$87
$82
Ibis Milano Malpensa Aeroporto(Cardano al Campo)(Great Value!)
$62
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
Cardano Hotel Malpensa(Cardano al Campo)
$79
$74
$90
$73
Ascot Lodging(Cardano al Campo)(Great Value!)
$47
HIExpress.com
$73
$60
Agoda.com
Hotel Ristorante Cervo(Somma Lombardo)
$67
$65
Hotel Visconti(Cardano al Campo)
$117
2,652 results
All reviewsmalpensa airportan early flightlong walkthe club loungeconvenient locationnext morningpizzarental carrooms are spacioushuge hotelpublic areaslast nightmodern hotellate arrivalexpress trainbetween flightsstayed one night
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This hotel has a virtual monopoly at the Milan (Malpensa) airport. This past this week they were at 95% occupancy.
But where on arriving one has to be impressed with the enormous lobby (60ft ceilings anyone?) the delivery of services left a little to be desired. For openers the computer terminal froze as I checked in. Then when I arrived at my room the chip enhanced card had to be entered 8-10 times before the door would open. The room was very modern and spacious however the shaving lamp in the bathroom was literally hanging off the wall. TV channel was poor, internet service (12 Euros) was so slow that I had to give up and the phone by the bed didn't work.
We did eat at the restaurant (40ft ceilings) which was excellent. Good service and a good selection of pasta and pizza on the menu.
In brief Sheraton could do better with teir execution here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
SheratonMilan, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Tytaany,

We regret that your experience has not been totally satisfactory. We have taken good note of all your points for the lack of service you have received, please accept our apologies for all the inadequacies reported.
Internet is available free of charge at our two Link @Sheraton also in our public space we have WIFI available free of charge for all our guests. The only place where the service is on payment is inside your room.
All your comments have been directed to all the departments involved, in order to improve our service In the future.
We hope to welcome you back sometime in the future giving us the possibility to show you the service expected from us.
With warmest regards,

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton Milan Malpensa on a recent business trip to Italy in mid September. I was arriving late evening and had arranged to meet my Italian colleagues early the next morning. Both of them live in the vicinity of Malpensa airport, so this was a good choice for both of us (convenient for me on arrival and perfect for an early morning collection on their side - no need to fight through Milan traffic).

As a number of reviewers have stated, this hotel couldn't be more convenient - you just head straight out of arrivals and follow the Sheraton sign downstairs to the main entrance.

Check-in was painless (it was 9:30 pm and hence quiet) and quick, with the hotel staff happy to offer help or assistance if required (I just needed my room key, but the gentleman in front needed travel information).

Armed with my room key, I began my trek upstairs and as a number of others have stated, the walking distance is considerable from reception to your room, but the hotel is quiet and this in itself wasn't a problem for me. If I'd been travelling with my family, my daughter would have enjoyed running along the vast hallways or practising the longest golf putt ever (as we did at another hotel until we got spotted by the staff, but that's another story!).

As you can see from my photos, the room was spacious, clean and modern looking with a comfortable bed. My room overlooked one of the parking areas - although I didn't have a panoramic view, the room was quiet and I managed a reasonable night's sleep (as much as you can in a strange bed!).

Breakfast the following morning was very good with an extensive selection of hot or cold foods at your disposal - the restaurant staff, like their reception colleagues were again helpful and friendly.

Overall a great hotel choice for anyone arriving late at night or planning an early morning connection out of Malpensa – recommended!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear BundukiBob,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor ! We are glad you had a comfortable stay with us !
On your next stay bring your daughter, we have children at Malpensa and we know they love free spaces and here we have plenty of them. 

With our warmest regards,

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Convenient location, across from and connected to the international terminal.

Relatively quiet, unless the occupants in the next room check in late. Very long walks to the individual rooms. Plus hourly charges for Internet service.

Horrible check-in service. After the individual at the front desk confirmed our request for a king-size bed and after a long walk to the room, we found that we were assigned two twin-size beds. It took two phone calls and a twenty-five minute wait for a porter to finally arrive with the key to the reassigned room. And the front desk staffer further showed his insensitivity by assigning us a room on the opposite end of the floor - requiring another seven or eight minute walk.

The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was fine and the espresso in the lobby was a nice touch. But very poor service. Not worthy of the 4-star rating

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
SheratonMilan, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Toby4864,

We regret to learn that your experience at Sheraton Malpensa it has not been totally satisfactory.
Please apologize for the wrong room assignment and lack of service received, all your comments have been discussed with the department involved for any further appropriate actions to be taken to avoid such inconveniences in the future.
The Hotel is indeed huge, was built for high frequency and events, distributed in length being inside the airport hub.
We understand your disappointment and sincerely regret that your experience has affected your memories and impression on us.
Thank you for staying with us and for your constructive feedback, we hope you will come back in the future.

With our warmest regards,

Reviewed October 16, 2012

After reading some of the reviews here, I decided to check out of my "in town" hotel and head out to MXP (Malpensa Airport) the night before my morning flight. This was a great idea, as the hotel is really nice and a good value if you can get a room in the 100 Euro or slightly above range (note you will have to pay extra for internet, though).

There was hardly any traffic at 10pm when I headed out to MXP, and I was able to pull my rental car up to the front door of the hotel, check-in and drop my luggage in my room. Then I went back down and dropped my rental car in the garage right next door (Europcar, Sixt, and others are in a garage right next to the hotel, and Europcar had a late key dropbox, so no problems ditching the car the night before my flight). I was then able to have dinner in the bar at around 1130pm at night. Try finding food in many other Euro hotels at this time of night -- it's not so easy. Then the room was just great. Incredibly quiet -- I heard no planes nor no car traffic even though my room overlooked the roadway used to drop passengers at the terminal.

I stayed at two other fairly modern hotels on this business trip (the Hotel Cruise near Como, and the Domina Inn in NW Milan), but the Sheraton beats them both in terms of room furnishings quality and size of the room (and I was in a standard room).

And regarding the walk to the room, OK, it is a good bit longer than what you would find in many European hotels, as those hotels tend to be smaller than many American hotels. But there literally was only one room farther than mine from the front desk, and I still have no complaints about the walk. If you are a frequent traveler and used to staying at large convention type hotels, you will find the corridor lengths about the same. I have definitely walked much further to my room at Vegas hotels like the MGM Grand or Ceasars Palace, or Opryland in Nashville.

Unless this hotel significantly increases its prices or disappoints me in other ways, this place will be my standard way to end any trip to the Milan area if am flying out of MXP the next day.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TrippinAgin
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Located right by the airport - huge hotel and at the price it was on offer a great deal. Long walks to rooms but rooms have all mod cons and had a quiet night's sleep in a lovely, comfortable bed.
The bar is good and the pizzas are delicious!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family