2,753 results
All reviewsmalpensa airportan early flightlong walkthe club loungeconvenient locationnext morningpizzarental carhuge hotelrooms are largepublic areaslast nightmodern hotellate arrivalstayed one nightelevatortrain
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Most of the things others have said are true. Some of the posts are from the hotel's earliest days - when it claimed to have free WiFi. It no longer claims to have free WiFi - it's pay WiFi. If anything else had worked as claimed, I might have tried the WiFi (really needed it), but just didn't think I'd really get any service for whatever vague amount per minute they were charging.

First, the hotel was not crowded but they put us (me, with a visible physical disability, walking with stick) in the furthest wing from the lobby/anything. To say this hotel is cavernous or Costco-like is truly accurate. We'd never seen anything like it. There was no signage as to where, on our floor, our room might be, and we wandered through conference rooms for awhile before finally figuring out how to trek however far it was (half a mile?) to our room - the very last room in the very last week. It did have good reflective foil curtains - good thing, because the security light in the parking lot outside was of solar magnitude, no way you could have the curtains open to watch planes take off at night.

We ate room service. We really felt we had no choice. Same price and menu as restaurant (which was what - half a mile away?) or walk into airport (which is not well signed). We didn't realize when we booked that it's only close to Terminal 1 and just how far away Terminal 2 (our terminal) was, at Malpensa. It's over a mile, I'd say. Fortunately, the hotel did have a shuttle that was reasonably on schedule to get us to our terminal. Finding that out was a little difficult (nothing in the hotel information brochure which was in English and the staff definitely did not speak English - our Italian had to suffice and we had to trust we understood them - turned out we did). The first two times I dialed room service, I got voice mail instructing me to leave my room number and they would call back in 5 minutes (in Italian). Or maybe they said to call back in 5 minutes. Anyway, after about an hour I had called 3 times. They did have a guarantee that the food would arrive in 30 minutes - and it was about on time. Server did not open cart or lay out the table, we had to figure out how to unlatch the thing from underneath a folding table element, which was a bit tricky but soon the table was filling most of the room space and we had found our dinners. My husband had a "cajun chicken sandwich" which was not cajun, but was chicken on a roll. He got the promised pickles, I did not.

Food was passable. Hamburger was huge but raw inside and I like steak tartare - but only at restaurants where I know they intend it to be raw, if you know what I mean. We had run out of toothpaste, and the hotel literature said they would send toothpaste (or brushes or cots or bathrobes or any number of things) to our room upon dialing a certain number.

That number went directly to the front desk, who told me to dial the other number, which I did - and got front desk again. When I explained I had dialed the other number, he impatiently said he'd transfer me, put me on hold for 5 minutes, then told me to call back the other number later. I did, got front desk again, annoyed front desk guy asked in English finally, "WHAT DO YOU WANT?" and I said, in English, "Toothpaste!" as I was so convinced that if any airport desk staff in Italy could understand an English word, it might be toothpaste. He said (I think), in Italian, "We will have it there in 5 minutes." Of course it never arrived.

Upon arrival, as has been mentioned by other reviewers, there are an awful lot of uniformed staff who seem to be doing absolutely nothing. It really became like theater. What WERE they doing? What could they possibly be doing? Two people were checking in a long line of weary travelers. One man, one time, helped one couple with their luggage (he put it on the cart for them; they ended up pushing the cart to the room themselves - perhaps that was their preference). An Italian woman who had already had a problem with front desk and whose husband was now standing in line a second time (they'd left in a huff) was on the telephone with Sheraton trying to get something worked out. Two uniformed men in their early 20's seriously just stood their in the lobby between watching people come and go. Were they security? Did they need security? Why?? Several employees were engaged in conversation/consultation, and several times, one would go up to the check-in desk and raise everyone's hopes that more help was to arrive, only to go off again. For whatever reason, each check-in took forever.

If you wanted to use your laptop and their printer, they said they had a code system whereby you could find (no map) the printer in their hotel and type your code in to print something out - but there was no way to find the business center that we knew of.

Once there, you feel trapped, unless you're very energetic there's no easy way to get back to the airport to eat or buy anything, so they've got ya. And there's no little store in the hotel.

Linens were amazing though, seriously - and that bed was comfortable. We had hot water! The sink stopper didn't work, the toilet was a little hinky, but the shower was good. TV wake up service worked, there were free channels (while waiting in the lobby we overheard several conversations between front desk and frustrated would-be TV users who couldn't find the free channels - they ARE there, but you'd have to have my husband with you to find them, I guess). It's mostly Italian sports, but there's BBC news too.

It was of course terribly overpriced, due to its location - so my value stars are based on the fact that we needed to be at the airport, and not the way I'd usually render stars (I'd give it a 1 if it were anywhere else).

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Claudia_Milan, Manager at Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2011

Dear CookieDartmouth,
let us thank you for having stayed in our Hotel and for having taken the time to make your kind and detailed report on your experience there.
We do apologize for the inconvenience occurred while staying at the Hotel, and we can assure you that we will pay deep attention to your suggestions and we will work on them by improving our services. We would like to say that we have free Internet access, but in our sheraton@link point, may be there has been some misunderstanding for which we apologize. Certainly we will pay more attention on that kind of communication for the future.

We sincerely hope to have you back at the Sheraton Malpensa in a next occasion, giving us the possibility to deliver the service you expect from us.

Reviewed June 16, 2011

The hotel, located just a 5 minute walk from train or bus stop (reach it from inside terminal 1), is modern and comfortable. The location can’t be beat for travel convenience and value. The reception desk staff members are friendly and helpful. While there is not much to do near its airport location, there is a variety of shops and restaurants within the airport and in the hotel for snacks and meals.

Dear Travelers349,
we thank you very much for having stayed at the Sheraton Milano Malpensa Airport Hotel and Conference Centre, and for having spent some of your time to send your positive comments in Trip Advisor on June 2010.
The Hotel has opened since less than one year and it is very important for us to know the personal opinion of our guests, since they are extremely important to us in order improve the service more and more and to satisfy our guest’s expectations.

Looking forward to have you back at the Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel and Conference Centre, we remain,
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed June 15, 2011

Husband and I stayed in this hotel for one night to be close to airport for early flight. The hotel is new and located directly off the airport terminal - both great attributes. We are Starwood Preferred members and had a reservation. We arrived at the hotel and the entrance is very modern and impressive. Check-in took FOREVER. We were in the Starwood Preferred check-in line. After standing in the "preferred" line for a while, I observed two women arrive in a cab at the hotel, come into the registration area and get in the "non-preferred" line. They did not appear to have a reservation from what I observed, yet they got checked in and were off to their room and we were still standing in line. Once checked in, we walked FOREVER to get to our room..it was the next to last door in the farthest part of the hotel (dragging our luggage across the carpeted floors). The room was VERY nice, roomy, modern, obviously new and well appointed. However, neither the a/c vent or return had covers...they were just open holes. They have heavy metalic liners that hang next to the window and then darkening sheers and drapes that work very well at keeping the room dark, but the a/c was struggling to keep the room cool. Hubby observed that they probably had removed the vent covers and filters to try and move more air in the room.

The bathroom had a very large deep tub with shower, large sink with decent size counter, a toilet and bidet. It was also lit up with what seemed like several thousand watts of light. Very bright halogen bulbs that you cannot dim. The area was extremely well lit, but the lights made the bathroom very hot and there was no a/c in the bathroom so we mostly showered and utilized the bathroom with only the light from the makeup mirror to try and keep it from being so hot in there. We ate dinner in the bar since the restaurant wasn't open unti 7pm and the Executive Club was locked and no one was in there even though the front desk told us it was open with drinks and hot finger foods (for an extra 40 Euros per day). The food from the bar was fine and we went back to the room to turn in early since we needed to be up by 4am for a flight.

Shortly after going to bed we began to hear noise coming from the room next door. It got louder and louder. There was yelling, screaming, sounds of things crashing and the walls felt like they were shaking. (P.S. they advertise soundproof rooms) Obviously we couldn't sleep. Hubby banged on wall to no avail so called front desk. They sent someone up and evidently the room was full of children while adults were in room across the hall. Not sure what the security guy told them, but it quieted down after that...although it made it difficult to relax again to go back to sleep so we only got a few hours sleep. When asking at the front desk about their occupancy rate, the guy told us they were about 55% occupied...which really made me wonder why we had to walk to the ends of the earth to get to our room and why they would put a room full of children right next door to us. Overall, we didn't feel very "preferred" with this stay. It is a very nice hotel and the convenience factor is amazing (which would make it 5 stars), however they still have a LOT of work to do on the service side for me to give this hotel more than 3 stars.

I asked hubby if they asked at check-out how our stay was. He said no, they didn't ask.... but we didn't have enough time to tell them everything even if they had bothered to ask.

Dear M,
let us thank you for having stayed in our Hotel for your early flight and for having taken the time to make a detailed report on your experience with us.
We do apologize for the inconvenience occurred while staying at the Hotel, and we can assure you that we will pay deep attention to your suggestions and will work on them by improving our services. Particular attention will be spent on the procedures for SPG Check in lines which we are already improving.
We sincerely hope to have you back at the Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel and Conference Centre in the future, giving us the possibility to deliver the service you expect from us.

Reviewed June 15, 2011

Service was more than slow, rather non-existent. Reception personnel not helpful or friendly. I was sent on an excusion through the hotel for the ice machine - which I could not locate. Hotel room itself was nice.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

Dear SmitAC,
let us thank you for having stayed in our Hotel and for having taken the time to make report on your experience there.
We do apologize for the inconvenience occurred while staying at the Hotel, and we will take advantage from your report to improve our signposting.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

We arrived with eveningflight in Milano M and stayed at this hotel. We had to wait a long time before checking in, in the restaurant slow service again and in the morning around 9.30, we had to wait again almost half anhour to checkout - definitely UNDERSTAFFED or slow service due maybe to computerissues or ...
Anyway they didn't care or apologise to us or to other guests in same situation. Location is fine if you are at Terminal 1, and have direct access to Malpensa Express Train ; Hotel is comfortable, good beds and if lucky near to elevators, as building is longstretched, you enjoy a relaxing room with few noise from airport.

Room Tip: ask room close to elevators
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Dear EVBELGIUM,
let us thank you for having stayed in our Hotel and for having taken the time to make a report on your experience there.
We do apologize for some inconvenience occurred while staying at the Hotel, but we assure you that we will pay deep attention to your suggestions and that we will work on them to improving our services.