“Brand new - Best location to MXP”

Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ferno
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Really up-to-date new hotel with all comforts and anemities. Rooms are nice and spacious. Being a SPG member they upgraded my room. Only thing I would wish for is more TV channels in English.
Location is amazing, its practically part of Terminal 1.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,551)

Reviewed April 6, 2011

I had an early morning flight to the Middle East last week from Malpensa and was dreading the prospect of having to get up at around 4AM to make it to the airport on time from the City. After looking at some options, I discovered that the Sheraton is literally connected to Terminal 1 and sits directly above the Malpensa Express train station to Cadorna (City Center). That was good enough for me, and I booked the hotel the day of check-in so I would be able to get up in the morning for my flight and already be at the airport.

Getting to the hotel is a breeze: upon arriving at the Malpensa Airport station the Sheraton entrance is within the station complex and right by the pedestrian walkway to Terminal 1. Check-in was quick and easy although it was also late at night when I arrived. Reception was pleasant and efficient. Lobby is very modern and stylish if not a bit sterile. Apparently the hotel opened in October 2010 according to reception. I didn't get a chance to try dining options but the venues seemed nice enough.

After checking in, I proceeded to the elevator bank. My room was on 3, but my journey hadn't even begun. The travel time between check-in and my room is the only reason I didn't give the Sheraton 5 stars. It likely took me 5-8 minutes to walk from the 3rd floor elevator bank to my room. Granted the walk was comfortable and the corridors are bright and airy with ample glass windows to take a look around, but the nature of the hotel being located at an airport with obvious height restrictions makes the Sheraton's floor areas incredibly large. If you can, ask for a room near the elevator especially if you have any kind of mobility issue.

The room was well equipped, quite comfortable, bright and modern, and had a particularly good bathroom. The downside: internet is not free which didn't matter to me since I had a cellular data plan hook-up but free Wi-Fi is something every hotel needs in this day and age.

Sleep quality was excellent -- especially for an airport hotel. I was unable to hear any noise from outside or from within the hotel.

Checkout was a breeze in the morning although there is no check-out through the TV which is an odd omission for an airport hotel.

Overall I would certainly stay at the Sheraton again if I have another early morning flight in the future. It's a new hotel and well located as you can get at Malpensa although I'll definitely request a room close to the elevator next time.

Room Tip: Big floors so try to get a room near the elevators
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank macreator
Reviewed April 3, 2011

We were finishing up a very fun but exhausting family vacation and were very happy to spend our last night at the airport since it's a long drive from Milan and our flight was in the morning. The hotel was very modern and the rooms were nice but it's not very efficient for an airport hotel. The whole hotel should have free Wifi available to guests (not charge 3 Euros for an hour of use or make guests go to the computer center). Service-wise, check-in was pretty slow, especially since we pre-paid through our online reservation. The room was nice and functional although the pillows were a bit small. We asked for extra pillows at around 9:30pm. When they hadn't come at 10:30, we called again to check on it. No one ever came. Also, they offered a wake-up call option through the TV where it is supposed to turn on at the designated time. Since we had a morning flight, I wanted to get the standard call as a precaution. The TV alarm didn't work and our wake-up call was 10 minutes late. I would also have preferred express check-out through the TV (they offered other services that way) so that we wouldn't have had to wait on line when we were trying to get to the airport. The location is great -- you can't get much closer to an airport -- but it is a bit of a walk to the flight check-in. It would be great if they had airport luggage carts available for rent right outside the hotel door to make the walk easier to manage with our bags. All in all, though, it's a very attractive hotel with a departure and arrival screen right in the lobby and a nice airport bar with more reasonable food options than the expensive restaurant.

Reviewed March 25, 2011

The hotel is on walking distance from Terminal 1. Currently a little chaotic because of reconstruction activities.
The lobby of the hotel is spacious. Check-in took more time than you would expect of an hotel in this catagory.
The room was comfortable and sound-proof. However, there is no view unless you consider the other wing of the hotel as such. The airconditioning did not work properly.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Stayed at this hotel two nights and thought it was great. Its at the airport but only a 30-minute train ride to the center of Milan. Only one hour by car to Lake Como. This is a very "american" hotel with large rooms and nice features.

Reviewed March 19, 2011

This airport Sheraton is one of the best hotel experiences I have had. Flew into Milan late afternoon, checked in (hotel is in Terminal 1), grabbed the Malpensa Express train downtown for dinner and back - train is 20 yards from the hotel. The hotel experience was terrific - especially the staff. The level of service was excellent and their attitude was very helpful. Rooms were great and exceeded my expectations for an airport hotel. You can stay there, explore Milan, train to Venice or Bologna, and really use the convenience to explore multiple places.

Reviewed March 15, 2011

Positives

* clean, large modern room
* clean, large modern bathroom
* ample storage space, including closets
* attached to airport
* attached to Malpensa Express (train to town)
* generally friendly staff once I was talking with them

Disappointments

* internet was 3 Euros for one hour (thought I had booked a rate that included internet, but was told my rate did not include -- possibly my fault)
* "sound proofed" rooms were not sound proof. Quite noisy as a matter of fact, possibly from parking garage directly outside our window
* no one seemed in a hurry to help us, even though we obviously had tired (and crying) children -- the norm seemed to be to not make eye contact and hopefully we wouldn't notice they were there (check-in specifically)

General Verdict
I would likely stay there again if departing early. We had a 6:50 am flight and would have had to wake before 4:00 am to be comfortable we would make it to the airport in time from the city since public transportation did not begin until 6 am (though the Malpensa Express train did begin earlier -- 4:00 am if I recall correctly).

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferno
Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport
Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport
Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport
#3 of 6 in Cardano al Campo
Idea Hotel Plus Milano Malpensa Airport

Been to Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!