“Good Value for Money - Good for backPackers or want to stay at 1 nights”

Ibis Budget Casula Liverpool
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Casula
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stay there one night , When i was visiting one of my client at LiverPool last week. Good if you dont want to spend a lot of money and dont want to use the WIFI , its cost 30 $ for 4 Hours.

NetKiosk is good to use for checking mails and all.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 20, 2012

First, let’s be clear, this is in Casula, slightly south of Liverpool, so don’t think of taking the train to Liverpool and walking to the hotel. It’s quite a walk! The hotel is best reached by car. Or by bus if your timetable is flexible as the bus stop is within walking distance.

Spent the nights of 17th and 18th August here.

Very warm and efficient check in. Romero was very professional and fast.
Room is functional, king bed, tv, desk, air cond
The tv has the 5 basic free to air channels as well as the new HD channels: ABC News 24; Go!, GEM, ONE etc. Quite a contrast from the F1 in St Peters where I stayed 2 days earlier (See my review).
On site laundry, washer and dryer (coin op).

Check in is 1400 checkout is 1000
There is no telephone in the room.
In the bathroom there is no face cloth, no bath mat and no shampoo.
Wifi costs $5 per 30 mins and must be consumed in one sitting. That is one cannot surf for 10 mins, log out and later surf for 20 mins all on the initial $5.
Price of room posted above building to passing traffic. Nice touch. When I was there it cost $79 per room per night.

There are snack and beverage vending machines in the lobby.

There is no fridge, micro or coffee maker in the room. But there are communal ones in the hotel lobby.

The hotel is 5-7 min drive from a large shopping mall (Westfield) where you can eat/drink/shop to your heart’s content. There is a McDonald’s 1 min drive away.

One day I had b/fast in the hotel. On offer is toast, jam, butter, vegemite, 3 types of cereal, some yogurt and canned fruit and of course tea/coffee. It cost $9 , but as I didn’t like the fruit or coffee, I found it bad value. Intriguing how I paid $9 while the huge poster in the lobby advertises b/fast for $7.

Another day I had b/fast at the shopping mall where there are many cafes to choose from. This time I spent $10 and bought a big (excellent) coffee and large toasted roll in a first floor café at the local Westfield mall.

My door did not self lock easily.
In fact on the first night it remained unlocked as (silly me) turned the dial on the door handle inside of the room clockwise as is intuitive, to lock. Housekeeping the next morning told me instead to keep the dial vertical to ensure locking.
I asked the Housekeeper the next morning for assistance and she was great. She rectified the problem very quickly and politely.

The hotel is safe, clean and good value for the price.

Overall, this is a well run place. If they improve the foods available for breakfast – currently very drab - it will be a real winner of a hotel.
I like the place and I will be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank JA-From-Sydney
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Very basic, but good value. Main bed fine, but bunk bed reportedly uncomfortable (too hard).
Everything else very clean and adequate.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Maria C, Manager at Ibis Budget Casula Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for submitting a review regarding our hotel.

We were pleased to read that you would recommend Formule 1 and would stay with us again.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Happy Travels,

Management

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Clean and basic, but good for the price. Excellent affordable self-serve breakfast. As we were a party of three adults we were surprised to find that a double and a single comprised a double bed and a bunk, which was totally unsatisfactory as none of us was capable of climbing on to the top bunk. We took the top mattress and made up a bed on the floor, and were surprised to fi nd that the staff had remade the bed on the floor for us for the second night. We were a little disappointed to find only two towels for a booking of three adults, but that was only a minor problem. We would recommend Formule 1 and would stay there again when next we visit the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FredBoonah

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for submitting a review regarding our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Happy Travels,

Management

Reviewed July 11, 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank canberrastud
Reviewed June 26, 2012

the room expesive for its size, there was no paper in after hour check in machine, the bed was hard and uncomfortable

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank v21313
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Firstly, thank you for choosing to stay with us.

I respect your opinion however we believe that our rooms and prices/ rates represent great great value and are positioned competitively against other local hotels.

I sincerely apologise for the malfunction of our after hour check in machine. The printer itself has a technical fault and we are having the printer as well as the entire machine being upgraded this week. Also, I am sorry you found the bed hard and uncomfortable.

Thank you for your feedback. We value and use such comments to improve our rooms and services and therefore guests satisfaction.

Yours Sincerely,
Elsie

Reviewed June 4, 2012

For the price, I didn't have high expectations of this budget hotel, but I did expect a few more basic amenities. There was no bath mat provided, and as the shower only had a shower curtain around it, water ended up all over the floor of the tiny bathroom no mater how careful you were. This made it awful to then use the toilet or basin and we ended up wiping our wet feet on the carpet. There was also no handtowel. There were no extra blankets provided, and it did get a little chilly in the early hours of the morning. We stayed for 2 nights but the room wasn't serviced during our stay - not a big deal and not surprising for this budget style accomodation, so this is merely an observation. I should have read the hotel services description more carefully before booking, as there was no iron or ironing board in the room. We were staying here to attend a wedding in the area, and would have liked to iron out travel wrinkles from our outfits. On the plus side, the room was clean (albeit very dated), the bed was big and comfortable, hotel conveniently located, quiet despite being right on the Hume Highway, after hours check-in was easy, lots of parking and above all, cheap. I prefer a few more amenities from a hotel and would pay more to get these, so I probably wouldn't stay here again - unless they start providing bath mats!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 82Tanya
Romero P, General Manager at Ibis Budget Casula Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I am glad to hear you were happy with some parts of your stay. In regards to your concerns I will attend to these immediately. Unfortunately, we do not provide bath mats but just for you to return I am more than happy to provide you with one of our older towels that are boxed/ stored away to be used as a bath mat. Simply request this upon your next booking. Other items such as an iron and blankets are available from our friendly staff at reception. We will do everything we can to ensure you have a pleasant stay with us.

Yours Sincerely,
Elsie

Also consider these accommodations in or near Casula
Ibis Budget Campbelltown
#3 of 10 in Liverpool
Ibis budget Wentworthville
Ibis budget Wentworthville
#1 of 1 in Wentworthville

Been to Ibis Budget Casula Liverpool? Share your experiences!