Not what we expected from 4 stars!
On arrival we noticed a shoddy looking Ibis Banner hung over the old Rydges sign an impression of stingyness, too much to outlay for a new sign??? Despite the park not being busy we couldn't get a room with a car park close by.
Our room had an overpowering unpleasant deodoriser, stains on carpet. There were dead bugs throughout the room & live ones as well (silverfish, beetles, flies & moths). The bathroom had a nasty lingering septic odour and it was clear the shower had not been cleaned- dead flies & black grime on the shower floor. The towels were poor quality (thin & old)
The sheets were wrinkly.
Only concession is that the bed was comfortable.
The outdated television with it's poor picture quality was a real let down. Wifi was a joke too access & price.
We stayed at the same hotel when it was run by Rydges, it was far superior to this! Very sad to see what was a great hotel, fall so low in basic hotel standards. Very disappointed !!! Does not deserve a 4 Star rating. We won't ever be back EVER.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ibis Styles Canberra Eaglehawk is set amongst 30 acres of natural landscaped native gardens. This truly unique property offers an inviting alternative to the Canberra CBD hotels. ibis Styles Canberra Eaglehawk now offers visitors to the ACT the ideal accommodation solution. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Styles Canberra Eaglehawk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Eagle Hawk Hotel Sutton
- Rydges Eagle Hawk Canberra