“Very disappointing- 4 stars accomodation rating is a joke!”

Ibis Styles Canberra Eaglehawk
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sutton
Sydney, Australia
“Very disappointing- 4 stars accomodation rating is a joke!”
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Not what we expected from 4 stars!
On arrival we noticed a shoddy looking Ibis Banner hung over the old Rydges sign an impression of stingyness, too much to outlay for a new sign??? Despite the park not being busy we couldn't get a room with a car park close by.
Our room had an overpowering unpleasant deodoriser, stains on carpet. There were dead bugs throughout the room & live ones as well (silverfish, beetles, flies & moths). The bathroom had a nasty lingering septic odour and it was clear the shower had not been cleaned- dead flies & black grime on the shower floor. The towels were poor quality (thin & old)
The sheets were wrinkly.
Only concession is that the bed was comfortable.
The outdated television with it's poor picture quality was a real let down. Wifi was a joke too access & price.
We stayed at the same hotel when it was run by Rydges, it was far superior to this! Very sad to see what was a great hotel, fall so low in basic hotel standards. Very disappointed !!! Does not deserve a 4 Star rating. We won't ever be back EVER.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank EndlessHighway

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights in the family room.
For the price we paid we could not have expected anything better it was great value for money the free buffet breakfast was excellent.
Aircon unit in both rooms was great.
Even though it's in NSW it was so close and convenient to everything in canberra.
Kangaroos and rabbits around was really nice for the kids to see.
Pool was great we got a lot of use out of it (heated would be nice but that's just me being a sook)

A big downfall is the bugs at night every time you walk in your room they come in too (fly spray in each room would be great)
The gym and spa was a bit of a downfall.
The playground needs an upgrade my 2yr old could not use it.
The bar could open earlier especially on weekends.
Room service would be wonderful also.

We would definitely stay again for the price we paid :-)

Stayed January 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Its dated, its about 15 minutes out of Canberra CBD, but for the price great value, room was clean, comfy beds, cant adjust room temperature which I didn't like, but was cool enough on really hot days, good pool, had dinner and breakfast there in the onsite café which was adequate and prices reasonable, I was a bit worried after reading reviews on here but didn't have any issues at all, staff were good. Great as a place to rest your head, don't expect a resort.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This was a cheap offer for 3 nights . The first room was insect infested , and it took a few viewings to find one that didn't have dead insects on the floors or an overhang of vomit in the air . the beds were comfortable and the night staff were very nice and helpful schlepping my luggage from room to room . Definitely not 4 star or anything near it .The kangaroos and rabbits at night do add a charm to the place. No internet access out here though .

Room Tip: Check it out first . The cleaning isn't up to much , lots of dead insects on the carpets .
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
toronto
Reviewed January 10, 2014

In Dec. I booked this hotel from Toronto, Canada, for 23 days but soon realized it was not near the beach and I was very disappointed. I spoke with Peter Morey, front office Manager, who was very understanding. He spoke to his boss the general manager Jason Buckton, who was most gracious to refund me, and let me pay only for the days I wanted to stay there. The hotel is lovely, located on expansive property in a rustic setting, where you can easily see, rabbits, kangaroos, etc, scurrying away at your approach. Breakfast was provided by a friendly helpful staff, and I found Amy, (who works at the front desk), Emma and others extremely helpful. Even Adrian, the head of repair, etc. offered to drive me into town to see the city, ( there's no public transport; you must take a taxi or have/rent a car), on his way home. One gentleman, (I forgot his name, but I gave him a Canadian key chain which I carry as gifts for people who impress me on my vacation), of the staff even voluntarily brought me a jug of water and a glass as I was relaxing one day in the shade, just outside the restaurant. I am really impressed with the politeness, cordiality and civility of these people. They are simply great!
if I needed just rest and relaxation, I would return to Ibis Styles in a heartbeat. A great place for your family, especially if you have your own transport. there's also a lovely swimming pool.
The only negative is that the room where I stayed, the carpet was soiled in a few places, so I always walked with my slippers. The air con worked fine.
My sincerest and warmest thanks to management and staff of Ibis Styles.
Peterson

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton
Ibis Styles Canberra Narrabundah
#19 of 57 in Canberra
East Hotel
East Hotel
#1 of 57 in Canberra

Been to Ibis Styles Canberra Eaglehawk? Share your experiences!