“Great food!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wolf's Castle
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Me and my husband have eaten here a number of times! The food is lovely! You get what you pay for! The restaurant is nicely decorated and the staff are friendly. I do highly recommend this place for food. I even got a voucher for my friends birthday so she could have a meal out on me!!! Enjoy!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AlltyrAfon, Owner at Wolfscastle Country Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your kind words, we feel our food has gone up another gear with our new head chef. We look forward to being of service to you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed here recently for four nights and was very pleased with the standard of accommodation. The restaurant was lovely and the bar area comfortable. Free wi fi is so important for my business travel and I appreciated the availability. The hotel is undergoing some outside refurbishment which will be lovely when completed.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
AlltyrAfon, Owner at Wolfscastle Country Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments. Hopefully by Easter we will have completed the re-furbishment which will give us a larger more contemporary bar & a small comfortable lounge. w are all so excited about it.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed here for a week in January whilst working in the area. The rooms were of a decent size and well looked after and cleaned. The decor was fine although some have said it was a little dated. The wifi was a little hit and miss, but in the bar area was fine. The food was outstanding although the menu isn't overly extensive. The prawn starter is a must!!! All of the hotel staff were very pleasant and couldn't do enough for me, which makes or breaks the hotel. The hotel is having a conservatory added which will be finished in April, and this will extend the bar area and make it a little more modern. Overall I cannot fault the hotel and will definitely be stopping here again.

Crewe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

I visited here on business mid week in January and, having stayed at the Fishguard Bay last visit would have been happy with anything as an improvement.

I was delighted with my room and the very welcome bottles of water following my long journey. There was plenty of room to work on my laptop and the bed and decor were great. I met family for dinner which we chose to eat in the bar as it was so cozy and were served by the friendliest, most helpful gentleman - I believe he was called Dave (?). He advised on the wine and the menu without being pushy.

Following a great nights sleep I had the best cooked breakfast ever - so large even I couldn't finish it - beautifully cooked and seasoned perfectly.

I will definitely come back and would detour to this hotel even if it is not on the direct route. In fact, I may bring the family next time for a leisure visit.

This is how a hotel should be. Friendly but luxurious.

(not a criticism, a suggestion? Could you consider some light music at breakfast as it was a little quiet?)

1 Thank Gaynor O
AlltyrAfon, Owner at Wolfscastle Country Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive comments. Davee, the young person you refer to, is a real asset, and it will be a great encouragement for him to progress having seen his name in print. Again, thank you.
Pembrokeshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Recently had our wedding at the Wolfscastle Country Hotel and it was perfect. From the first day we made an inquiry to the big day itself, the staff were relaxed and professional. The food was lovely, and all tables were served very quickly after each other; something that not all weddings I've been managed.
Easy location for everyone to get to, ample parking. Would highly recommend for a special occasion.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AlltyrAfon, Owner at Wolfscastle Country Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
We so love doing weddings as they are the most important days in many peoples lives, we bear that in mind from start to finish. Thank you fo ryour comments
Dale, Pembrokeshire UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

salmon starter - fabulous. vegetarian - average. pavlova -poor.coffee non-descript. Music drove most people off the dance floor.
heating dodgy.
more round tables would be nice
nice surroundings but then i live here.

Room Tip: christmas meal not staying
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I am not sure we had the right vegetarian for our Xmas parties so will be changing that next year & individual pavlovas can sometimes dry up, so again we will be changing that; although with the fresh strawberries we poached in red wine the flavour was awesome. Coffee, well we use the finest freshly ground coffee!! If you look on facebook many people eulogised about everything to do with our Xmas parties and have already booked for next year - but thank you for your comments
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was my first visit with family to meet a friend who lives locally. The Wolfscastle Hotel is located in the beautiful Pembrokeshire countryside, with plenty of on site parking.
We dined in the restaurant, which is extremely well presented and comfortable, although we could have eaten in the bar which is cosy and warm with a wood burning stove.
We were extremely impressed with the quality of the food, clearly prepared with local produce and a chef with passion and pride in his/her work.
We were so impressed we visited again a few days later and we were not disapointed, another excellent quality meal, plus a delighful waitress (sorry I do not know your name) who, as with all the staff, was attentive, very efficient and extremley polite. I strongly recommend a visit and we will be returning again as soon as we can.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We have just celebrated our 35 years at the hotel and this is the most exciting kitchen brigade that I have ever had, Thank you for your comments
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wolf's Castle
Twr y Felin Hotel
Twr y Felin Hotel
#1 of 6 in St. Davids
Penally Abbey Hotel and Restaurant

Been to Wolfscastle Country Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!