“Very good Mexican”

El Patron Mexican Grill
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Show Low, Arizona
“Very good Mexican”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I had not heard of El Patron before I read the previous review, so I went tonight (Saturday, the 9th) and it was a very pleasant experience. The waiter said they had been open for about a month.

It's right across the fence from "The Lion's Den" in Pinetop, and is located in what must've once been an attractive ranch-style house. The exterior has a patio for drinking and dining, and the interior was bright, homey and clean. The chairs are brightly painted and decorated and children will love them.

I got there about 7, and while it was busy, I was seated within about a minute. A couple of minutes later I had a menu and some of the best chips and salsa I've eaten in this area. The chips were warm, thin and tasty. The salsa flavorful with some heat - but was not too hot.

The menu is extensive and features standard Mexican dishes - but also grilled steaks (Mexican-style) and other meats. Most dishes range from $10-$15.

I wanted to try their typical Mexican fare, so I had a three item combo plate of shredded beef Burrito, chicken enchilada and beef taco ($10.50.) It arrived in about 10 minutes on a huge, hot platter.

It was VERY flavorful and each item brought it's own unique flavors to the platter. Putting the wonderful salsa on them made them even better. The beans and rice were good and rounded out the meal.

The total bill was under $15.

I did not have a Margarita, but they looked very good and people seemed to be enjoying them.

I like several Mexican restaurants in the Show Low-Pinetop-Lakeside area, and El Patron has now been added to my list.

If you haven't tried it yet, please do - I don't think you'll be disappointed.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Richard W

SUN CITY WEST, AZ
“ONE OF THE BEST MEXICAN RESTAURANTS IN THE AREA”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We had lunch there today and was quite impressed with menu, the quality and portions of the food. Delightful atmosphere inside and out; cooler days you can sit outside. The service was good. It also has a full bar. It also has a takeout menu. We also heard other customers stating how good the food was. Highly recommend if you are in the area.

• Visited July 2014