“Great Prime Rib”

Porter Mountain Western Grill
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Porter Mountain Western Grill & Saloon & Museum, previously known as Porter Mountain Steakhouse, has been serving up great steaks, chicken, seafood, burgers, salads and libations to generations. Our fun western dining experience is offered year-round, with seasonal live music and outdoor patio fireside dining. Our restaurant is centrally located in Lakeside, just a ten-minute drive from Pinetop and Show Low. Folks often ask why Porter Mountain Western Grill & Saloon has become such a popular restaurant among locals as well as area visitors. Well... •Our saloon is a friendly and fun local watering hole, where folks meet and mingle or watch the game from our antique bar •The main dining room offers relaxed eating and a menu with something for everyone, including the little buckaroos •Our private party and banquet facilities are a unique alternative for special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries, and "The Barn" hosts larger seasonal events like weddings, family reunions and business gatherings •The whole facility is like a western museum where you can experience a taste of the Old West browsing our authentic antiques, collectibles and memorabilia •Last but not least, our attentive staff is known for their warm, western hospitality Isn't it time you made Porter Mountain Steakhouse & Saloon your new tradition for western dining in the White Mountains of Arizona?
Reviewed March 31, 2018

We wanted to celebrate our wedding anniversary and decided to come here after reading the TripAdvisor reviews. We were not disappointed.
The wait staff were prompt and friendly. When we asked about a substitute item there was no problem.
The salads and bread were fresh and delicious.
The portions were generous. Prime Rib was excellent. Be sure to save room for the delicious home made pies. Wow
Give this place a try!

Date of visit: March 2018
2  Thank AZDavid

Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

We just moved to Lakeside and have been trying out the local restaurants. Our family came to help us unpack this weekend, decided to go out for dinner and chose Porter Mountain Western Grill. The bar is gorgeous, Old West style and the museum was a big hit with everyone while we waited for our table. I have a habit of having fun with servers and ours was absolutely up to the task. She had a great personality and was helpful and attentive. The food was GREAT! Did I mention prime rib fries? OMG! Strips, OK, hunks of tender prime rib, battered and deep fried! House made onion rings. Everyone had something different and everyone was happy. Even the loaf of fresh bread was excellent. We are definitely making this one of our go-to places.

Date of visit: November 2017
4  Thank 536stevef
Reviewed October 13, 2017

Courteous and prompt service. We ordered the Prime Rib fries as an appetizer because it sounded interesting and it was good, it came with a horseradish dip.
My husband and I both ordered the prime rib and we both had good cuts, cooked the way we ordered! I would recommend this restaurant to any and everyone.

3  Thank Rene' G
Reviewed October 10, 2017

I went to dinner there, with my friend. The service is very slow, but the food was good. We had prime rib. It has some interesting history.

1  Thank HeikeMB
Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

We both had pork ribs. The half rack. I had a baked potato and he had steamed vegetables. He said the veggies were perfect. Also, it was a large helping. The salad was typical for a steakhouse. I prefer real butter for my potato, but most people probably wouldn’t care. I wish I had asked for light sauce on the ribs. The sauce was overbearing but the ribs were clean and tender. Very friendly and attentive server.

3  Thank 628anitah