“Pretty good - great service”

Salt Restaurant and Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Salt Restaurant and Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Phoenix, Arizona
“Pretty good - great service”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Some reviews indicate the service was poor. Our servers were very friendly and prompt. We thought the food was overpriced however. The food was pretty good, but not worth the prices in all cases. We loved the atmosphere. The bar area looks like a great place to enjoy a glass of wine and an appetizer, which is what we will probably do next time.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Saguaroflower

Scottsdale
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Have visited here numerous times .. Food is excellent .. Antoine is a superb waiter .. Wines a bit pricey .. Also would love to see some changes in the menu .. Has been exactly the same now for over two years

Visited May 2014
Phoenix Arizona
“Trendy restaurant in sleepy town”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I was surprised to find this restaurant in Pinetop-Lakeside. It is much more like a Scottsdale type restaurant with a modern aesthetic, although located in a strip mall. The food and service was excellent. Antoine was our server and he was prompt and professional. The menu is interesting with a number of excellent choices. I had the filet with faro risotto and my friend had the hamburger-both delicious. We will return.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank GardeningBabe
Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona
“Don't waste your money”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Tried this place 3 times, food was sent back all three times. prices are too high for the quality of food. Service was slow and rude. Don't waste your time or money.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank WTMTGRL
rica g, Owner at Salt Restaurant and Wine Bar, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
I am sorry that you had such a bad experience...3 times. I can only move forward and make sure that everything we do is top notch. I always try to insure that each customer has enjoyed their experience and if there is a problem that they will let us correct it before their departure. I questioned every server immediately after seeing this and asked if any of them remembered a customer being so disappointed? No one had any recollection of this at all, they are all aware that we are in the service industry and that my expectations are very high regarding my customers. Sorry that we made such a negative impact you felt compelled to write this instead of speaking with anyone while you were there. I hope that you may return and we will hit it out of the park for you.
Silver City, New Mexico
“Your Pinetop-Lakeside splurge dinner awaits”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Our last night in town so we splurged at Salt. And it is good, very good. We started with reasonably priced cocktails ($6.50 ish) and a cheese/charcuterie board. Followed that with crab/lemon risotto for my wife and I had a filet (cooked perfectly char/rare) and we shared a carmelized brussel sprouts side dish. With our entree we enjoyed wine flights (3 each) of pinot noir and cabernet-all excellent. The service was very attentive, the full wine list is exceptional and atmoshpere was cordial with a trio playing jazz/oldies but not too loudly to be distracting. Finished with a white cake with butter cream frosting (ok but not great) and a dish of vanilla bean ice cream that was yummy. Their menu is inventive and delivered on quality and we would highly recommend for a special occasion.

• Visited February 2014