“This place is great!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pinetop-Lakeside
Moonridge Lodge & Cabins
“This place is great!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I bring my dogs every winter and stay in a cozy studio cabin. The owners are always helpful. The cabins are rustic but clean. The fireplace is perfect...I am a very picky single traveler, and I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a mountain get away. It is in a great part of town, underneath huge trees, quiet, and welcoming. I just made my New Year's reservations...again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Katie M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
El Mirage, Arizona
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I were searching for a nice but rustic, pet-friendly cabin up north that was cozy and would have a beautiful fireplace to enjoy with fishing close by. We found that and much more at MoonRidge! We spent our 1 year anniversary there this past week with our two dogs. Lynn, the Owner/Manger had upgraded us when he had found out the special occasion. He also surprised us with some nice wine to enjoy on our stay. The cabin was huge and clean and absolutely what we had hoped it would be. The shower was amazing! The cooking at home in the cabin was great and everything we needed was available including dish soap, paper towels, a 12 cup coffee pot and everything you need to cook. The bathroom had an abundance of fresh towels, soaps and toilet paper. The sheets and blankets were also very comfy. The view and grounds were kept beautifully and the whole experience was refreshing and definitely one we will continue to enjoy many more times. We are planning our next visit soon and this time we will be inviting our friends to see this fabulous find in the woods!

Room Tip: We stayed in the two bedroom cabin.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lynn N
Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed in the duplex cabin. Dark, dingy and smelly!!! I've seen nicer furniture tossed at the side of the road. The guy at the desk was nice enough, and recomended a couple places to eat in town. He opened the cabin and ran a couple of extension cords to plug in two fans. Then he took a screen from the cabin next door and put it in our window, I guess you have to share window screens? The refrigerator did not work, and neither did the air freshener. Anyone who would want to stay in these old rundown cabins is crazy. We checked out after the first night. We couldn't get a room in town, so we drove (short drive) to Show Lo and stayed at the hampton Inn. Not a cabin, but it had a wonderful balcony that overlooked a pond and horse pasture. Did I mention it was light and bright and decorated in this century.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank SedonaDee

Travelers are raving about these Pinetop-Lakeside hotels

Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed July 13, 2010

My sister, small niece and I stayed in one of the duplex cabins, a great value at $87/night. It's pet-friendly, at only $6 extra per cat, per night, as I was intending to bring my cats, but decided not to at the last minute. It was quiet and well-concealed, despite being close to everything in Pinetop/Lakeside. I'm an AZ native and return to the White Mtns. several times/year to visit my father, and have stayed at many places in the area. Moonridge is indeed a rustic cabin, though not as rustic as many in these parts. Keep in mind that these cabins were originally built for summer visitors to the area, and many are not winterized, and therefore may not be the best choice for winter visits. Summer is a great time, though, as Moonridge is nestled in the pines, making it quiet and feeling as if you are really in the woods. The staff is very friendly and accommodating and our cabin was very clean. It's not fancy, but a good choice, especially for young kids and pets, which can be noisy. Fancy for these parts is the Hampton Inn. If you're looking for the flavor of Pinteop/Lakeside of yesteryear, yet looking to be close to all the amenities and goings-on, you'll really like Moonridge. If you're looking for a high-falutin' 5-star experience, you'd better stick to the Valley, as you won't find it in these parts.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
AZ
Reviewed March 14, 2010

This place pretty much ruined our vacation and I DO NOT recommend this place. Who ever put gave this place a 5 star rating must live in a trash can because anyone in their right mind would never give them a 5 star rating after staying here. Our problems: 1. there was no toilet paper in this cabin anywhere. (we had to use paper towels) 2. there was spider webs every where you looked. 3. The beds....well lets just say that you are better off sleeping on the floor. 4. But if you do sleep on the floor be prepared to smell like pee or worse. 5. The one LITTLE heater would not even touch this place. It was soooo cold it was like sleeping outside. 6. they did offer wood to purchase for an extra $10 for about 5 pieces of wood that would probably last about 20minutes. Please do not give them your money by staying here. Trust me you will be sorry and full of regret. (unless you do live in a trash can then this place would be okay for you)

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family