“Convenient and stay there often but at best is only an average standard.”

Alpha Hotel Eastern Creek
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Eastern Creek
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

I stay here often on business as it is close to my head office. It is ok for convenience and value but not great. Meals and drinks downstairs in the bar area are good. Parking is too far from reception especially if it is wet weather.

• Stayed: September 2012
ESTManager, Manager at Alpha Hotel Eastern Creek, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Hi Stephan G,

Thankyou for taking the time to offer your feedback. Great to see you enjoy staying with us at the hotel. We understand that the carpark is uncovered and if we can assist with your luggage or offer you an umberella when wet please do not hesitate in asking out team.

Once again, thankyou. As it is through your feedback that we are able to not only improve our business but to also recognise our staff for their efforts or shortfalls as this can often go unnoticed. Hope to see you here at Eastern Creek sometime soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Had to travel to Sydney for a family emergency and chose the Chifley due to its 4 star rating. Booked a Queen Room and was upgraded to King on arrival which was nice and appreciated. The Reception staff were very good and overall the Hotel is very nice and in a great location and the room we had was a nice big room with all the amenities you look for when away from home!
However there were just a few things (that could easily be corrected) that need to be done to make the stay here a perfect one!
We badly needed a shower as we had not showered for 24 hours - and found there was no hot water. Went to reception to ask how we get hot water and was advised that the boiler was being repaired and that should be completed in 1 hour - so we went to a nearby tavern for lunch and returned 2 hours later to have cold shower - the water was warm by 8pm and hot the next day. I also brought the very dirty hand basin plug hole and loose tap and blocked "S" bend in the bathroom hand basin to the attention of reception staff. The plug hole was cleaned and the tap tightened but the black muck in the "S" bend appeared not to have been removed and the basin continued to fill every time you left the tap running. To compensate for the cold showers on the first of our 2 day stay at the Chifley - we were provided with $30 credit towards meals in the Tavern attached to the Hotel. We found the Tavern food to be very basic and overpriced at $23.50 for 2 peices of flathead with chips but no salad - served as a counter meal. The following morning we had the buffet breakfast - again I did not enjoy the stone cold bacon, eggs, mushrooms, baked beans & hash browns. On the 2nd night we ordered a meatball pizza to be delivered to the room - it was cold and the worst pizza I have ever tasted in 58 years. The Chifley did follow up with a survey to ask for feedback - but I decided to write a review here instead and let the Manager of the Chifley know that I had done so. Due to the above issues I would possibly book elsewhere in future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
ESTManager, Manager at Alpha Hotel Eastern Creek, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Hi Fussytraveller814,
Thank you for your review and apologies for the shortfalls on service and product. Whilst we always endeavour to produce a great product we obviously didn't make the mark on this occasion and that is always disappointing.
We have taken on your review with all seriousness and will address the issues with the relevant department managers to ensure we do our best in improving our product and service.
Again thankyou and apologies.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have used this hotel 4-5 times a year on business trips in the area, but will look for another hotel in future. The breakfast charge is now $25, way overpriced, meals are also expensive in the tavern, and not very appetising, I had Wagyu suasages which consisted of 2 sausages on a large bed of mashed potatoes with gravy over the lot. Rooms on the ground level which are between reception and the tavern are quite noisy with late drinkers returning after a session at the Tavern. The TV's are not flatscreen and take up a lot of what little space is on the desk area. The shower setup which is noted on an earlier review does mean there is water on the floor area of the bathroom area after a shower.
Contrary to other reviews, I didn't find reception staff to be very helpful, but as this visit was on a public holiday weekend there may have been less staff than usual. There is a discount for breakfast if you pay at checkin, I wasn't advised of this, so ask for it when you arrive if you intend having breakfast there. The lower level floor is not very well soundproofed from first floor noise, so if you get a noisy guest above you there may be a restless night. The doonah on my bed had red wine stains on the underside, but apart from that the room was clean, the bed comfortable, and there is plenty of free parking, and if you are are there for the motor sports it is so close you can smell the oil, but be aware drinks in the Tavern seem very expensive.

Room Tip: Room 134 is next to a men's toilet, can be noisy from banging doors.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank thedoultonman

Hi thedoultonman,
Thank you for your honest review, without this we could make improvements where the guest really needs it.
I do recognise your tirpadvisor alias and note you have had several reviews and generally were positive about the hotel. We are dissapointed to know that we let you down on your last stay and would welcome the opportunity to rectify your feelings toward staying with us in the near future.
I welcome you to contact me if you feel you would like to discuss this further and allow us to redeem ourselves.

02 8889 7700

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Excellent location, just meters from eastern creek raceway. Nice rooms, great beds and pillows. Highly recommended without any hesitation. Has a tavern with drinks and nice pub food within the building.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matt1972SnowLover

hi matt1972snowlover,
Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel and appreciate your review. Im sure you had a great day at the track as well.
Hopefully we will see you here at Eastern Creek sometime in the near future, until then take care.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is definitely the place to stay if you need to be close to Sydney Motorsport Park. The rooms were clean, comfortable, with small (but not poky) modern bathrooms. The only thing that annoyed me was that the shower had a glass screen that only came part-way across, so there was always a lot of water on the floor after showering. When I arrived the remote to my TV didn't work and there were no buttons on the TV so I couldn't change the channel or volume - I was tired so didn't report it until the next morning, when I got back to my room the remote had been fixed and was working perfectly. I didn't get a chance to eat breakfast at the hotel as I had to leave at 6am each morning and breakfast didn't start until 6:30am, but I spoke to people who did eat breakfast and they said it was very nice. The service ok - when I checked in, there had been a mix up with my reservation and there was nothing booked for me so the staff member at check-in had to create a new booking. I'm not sure why, but the whole process took around 20 - 25 minutes, I was a little confused about why this was so complicated. Also, upon check out there was no-one at the desk, and I had to wait 15 minutes until a staff member arrived. However, I ate both nights at Coldwater Creek Tavern (restaurant / bar attached to the Chifley), and while it was a little pricey, the food was lovely and the service was extremely friendly and efficient. All in all, not a bad stay, some room for improvement, but I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Hi drtufty,
Thankyou for your review. Great to hear that you generally enjoyed your stay, as you mentioned there is always room to learn and improve our business and your feedback is a genuine guide in doing this and we appreciated it.
Im glad you enjoyed your evening meals and that our team got your tv remote fixed with little hassle. I will have a chat with our front office team regarding the booking process, agree it shouldn't have taken so long.
Thanks again, I hope to see you here in the near future.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Just returned home after 4 days away on business refreshed and replete after staying at the E.C.C.
Clean and efficient from room service through to check out.A great place to come back to after a long day.Meals are generous but not complicated,rooms are clean and quiet,staff range from average to outstanding (Stacey I hope your manager reads this you are worth more money).
Would I come back for another week............................................absolutely.

Bruce Triffett
Goldstein Eswood
Victoria

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bruce T

Hi BruceT,
Thank you for your kind review. Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass your recommendations onto Stacey as im sure she will be delighted to hear this.
Hope to see you here in the near future, until then take care.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

The Chifley is located within close walking distance to the Eastern Creek race circuit, it has good parking facilities and clean, well equipped rooms. There is a pleasant bar and bistro style restaurant with quite a reasonable menu although the location can be a bit of a mystery to newcomers as it is a long and rather torturous path from the lobby area. A free wi fi service is available in the lobby area but the in room internet facility is overpriced.

I have stayed there many times when competing at Eastern Creek and have always found the staff to be friendly and cooperative. I will definitely be back but, while the location is just great for those of us with a motor sport interest or business in the adjacent industrial area, it is hardly in tourist territory.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank paulhamilton

Hi paulhamilton,
Thank you for your kind review, very much appreciated. We do try our best to deliver a friendly, non pretentious environment and welcome any feedback that may help us in realising and review our service good or bad.
Hope to see you back here in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastern Creek
#1 of 2 in Baulkham Hills
SKYE Hotel Suites
SKYE Hotel Suites
#10 of 12 in Parramatta

Been to Alpha Hotel Eastern Creek? Share your experiences!