All reviews one night nice swimming pool the owner camel ride wonderful experience desert experience my friend desert camp auberge dune stars merzouga tent campsite berber tour border
Reviewed March 12, 2016

The first time we visited the auberge Sahara was in 2004. We loved the place and once back in Holland we mostly remembered this special spot. Since then we visited Marocco 6 times and when in the desert area.. always to this hotel. The owners Hassan and Mohammes are very friendly and tell you a lot about the history or environment. The perfect location just near the dessert is ideal and makes it perfect for kids. We often walk at and of noon to a high dune to see the sun sink into the earth...We really love this place..greetz mark

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2016

My experience with Auberge Camping Sahara have been nothing but amazing.This may be a little long review but i will like to share my personal experience to the other solo female travelers out there. I am traveling alone and initially was doubtful about going to the desert alone but when i decided to do it a day before; i was first impressed by how fast and efficient they responded to my email and everything was planned in less than 1 hour. And the only bus leaving from Fes to Hassi Labied arrived at 6 am and it was still dark but the owner was there waiting for me where the bus stopped. It was so hassle free and easy for me and the fact that he speaks perfect English helps… and in no time i was in a beautiful almost castle like mansion and led to a cosy beautiful room to rest.Just behind the mansion are the Sahara Desert first dunes and walking a 15mins up the first dunes i was watching sunrise from there…. Beautiful start for the day… Spend the day there at the cosy family home and lunch was delicious… The whole area was serene and tranquil and i think if i have time i will stay a couple more days here just reading in the sun facing the dunes and drinking mint tea… later in the evening i went for the camel safari into the sahara desert and most of the time its just us in the desert up and down the gorgeous dunes on the camels... the camp site is clean and blankets are warm; dinner was chicken tagine which was delicious too!!! We came back only by 10 am after watching sunrise in the desert... and i was already informed the day before that i will miss the only bus out which is at 8am. i really have to leave on the same day as i have to get to Marakesh the next day. The owner have been very helpful and honest and told me that its possible to take a local bus to a nearby town of Rissani for buses out to Marakesh on the same day and mentioned will wait for the bus with me till it arrived. It have all been an amazing experience, the fact that they really make me feel like I'm a friend instead of just a guest…. Thumbs up to Mustapha too who have been very friendly and helpful through out my stay!! Thanks to the owner for making my sahara desert experience a really great one!! To those solo female travelers who are worried about getting hassled and about safety in the desert as it is in the middle of nowhere...; i highly recommend this place… Auberge camping sahara is indeed a gem in the sahara desert!!!

Terima Kasih [thank you in Bahasa Malaysia ;)]

Wei Wei
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 5, 2016

We have stayed two nights in this auberge, very close to the desert. The atmosphere was cosy and friendly and because of the staff who speaks very well english, we could have an interesting conversation. rooms and food where good. recommended!

Room tip: we dont know
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 29, 2015 via mobile

The perfect place to stay in Merzouga right on the edge of the desert. Campsites have great facilities, hot showers, a cool pool and electric hookups.

With loads of activities to choose from camel rides to traditional tajine meals to sunset walks across the dunes...look no further!

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2015

We stayed 2 nights in 11/2015. Rooms were clean and tidy. The Auberge Sahara is a nice, stylish place. When you wake up, the first things you see are the dunes. We took a motorized 1/2-day trip with the patron around the sand dunes. It was very informative and personal. The next time, when we have more time, I'd take a longer (several days) trip to the desert, to relax the mind and fokus on the important things. There a lot of things modern day people might learn from nomad life in the desert.

Date of stay: November 2015