Float plane ride in is fantastic, location is fabulous, lodge is much better than you would imagine (although it was replaced in 2012 due to a fire), staff are really dedicated, food really is very good, tours are well organised and informative, wildlife is abundant.
We visited in September in the early part of the Salmon run, bears are everywhere, great viewing from the weir and the finger ( I think visitors should have limited visits to these locations, we found out that some visitors to the lodge only went bear viewing )
An amazing place to visit, I hope we can visit again some time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Knight Inlet Lodge is Canada's premier grizzly bear viewing destination. With over 15 years of experience and a world wide reputation for excellence we are the place to see grizzly bears in British Columbia. Our remote floating lodge has 16 guests rooms and offers a full range of activities for our guests including hiking,kayaking, marine wildlife tours, tracking and whale watching. Open from mid May until mid October with pacakges starting on any day of the week. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Knight Inlet Hotel Glendale Cove
- Knight Inlet Resort All Inclusive
- Knight Inlet Lodge Canada/British Columbia