“Going back will be a pleasure”

Roxburghe Hotel & Golf Course
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Heiton
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Going back will be a pleasure”
Reviewed August 30, 2010

We only planned to stay at the hotel for one night but within hours I was back at reception asking if the room was available to allow us to extend our stay. Sadly it was not possible due to a wedding. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and a credit to the stay who prepare and maintain them. The hotel has a quiet controlled atmosphere and this was despite the staff getting ready for a wedding with 122 attendees. The room was beautiful with a four poster bed and a spare bed for our daughter. Clean, tidy and with excellent room service, it made for a beautiful place to stay. We all slept so well. The breakfast rooms were clean, tidy, light and airy.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Duncan E, General Manager at Roxburghe Hotel & Golf Course, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
I am so glad to read that you are intending to make a return visit to Roxburghe Hotel when hopefully you will be able to stay for more than one night.

I am pleased to know that our staff looked after your family well and would like to thank you for writing this review. If there is anything I can help with for any future visits to the Scottish Borders, please feel free to contact me directly.

Kind Regards,

Duncan Evans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2010

This hotel and its staff obviously have worked hard at the art of providing the traveller with the experience of being pampered. The desserts are to die for even though the waistline wouldn;t thank you. The manager exudes a style that has vanished from most establishments and it's a pleasure to see old style standards being maintained. The whole experience was a pleasure and we hope to repeat it soon

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
thank you very much for writing such a positive review.

I am so glad to know that you enjoyed your dining experience and the ambience of The Roxburghe. I do hope you will return soon and look forward to personally welcoming you back.

Kind Regards

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2010

The location is excellent.
All went well until dinner when we were surprised to see waitresses with grubby aprons and not impressed by the poor menu.
Breakfast was luke-warm and bacon tough. I suggested turning up the heat on the serving dishes to be told they could not.
Yet again the waitresses aprons were grubby - I don't think the Duke would have been impressed at all.
I have stayed in many hotels and this was exceptionally poor [I am being polite]

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GRH53
I am so sorry to find that you had such a poor experience whilst staying with us here at The Roxburghe.

Simple standards of hygiene and cleanliness should be a given and these examples are not indicative of the standards which we strive towards. The examples you detail are not representative of our usual care and attention from the dedicated team here and I apologise most sincerely for the service and standards you encountered.

Should you wish to revisit in the future please contact me directly so that I may have the opportunity of restoring your faith in The Roxburghe. Once again my sincere apologies.

Kind Regards

London
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Stayed atthis hotel for 2 nights in June, beautiful setting, very well looked after grounds, & food was ok, they ran out of several things at breakfast...we were there for a wedding & found the selection on the Sunday morning to be lacklustre at best. Staff were miserable, especially one young lady in the Club House...Way over priced for the service we received, reception was nothing short of rude. Found just 2 members of staff the whole stay who were charming, attentive & clearly enjoyed their jobs, all others were dreadful. Shame really, as wonderful as the hotel/grounds/food were the staff let the whole thing down.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tillo32
Lizcassidy, General Manager at Roxburghe Hotel & Golf Course, responded to this review, August 12, 2010
Many thanks for taking the time to write this review on the Hotel. I very much appreciate your feedback. I was obviously very concerned to read about the level of guest care you experienced during your visit at the Roxburghe and would like to offer my apologies. We are in the process of re-assessing all our hotel standards, and staff presentation and training is one of the areas we have already addressed and rectified . It is by listening to our customers that very direct action can be taken to ensure that we constantly improve our guest services. Can I cordially invite you to visit us again in order to experience our much improved level of service.
Yours faithfully
Liz Cassidy - General Manager
scotland
Reviewed April 19, 2010

My wife and I visited this hotel for lunch while touring in the Borders . The food, service and ambience were excellent.The chef willingly gave us advice so that we can copy his fantastic meal.If you're in the area give yourself a real value for money treat!
We intend to return soon to spend a few days in this wonderful hotel.

1 Thank ret
Aberdeen
Reviewed April 19, 2010

My husband, sister, her husband and myself have just returned from staying in this perfect hotel. From the moment we arrived to the time for us to leave we had first class service. The bedrooms we stayed in were of the highest quality and nothing was too much trouble. The dinner menu was first class as also was the breakfast. So much choice could not decide what to have. They attended to our every needs and was very reluctant to leave.We also used the Health and Beauty Spa and it was also first class. Can't wait to return

Airdrie, Scotland
Reviewed April 8, 2010

We stayed for two nights and took advantage of the Spring Break offer that included Dinner on the first night. The Hotel is fabulous with fantastic grounds for walking and real peace and quiet.
We had our meal on the first evening and were some impressed we booked again for the following night - which again was a delight.
The service was very attentive with still lots of privacy - I would highly recommend the hotel.

We visited Kelso several times - the car journey is about five minutes however walking to town would be a challenge.

Onsite Golf looks great - and clay pigeon shooting a possibility for next visit ( we will be back)

Overall a great relaxing hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heiton
Ednam House
Mansfield House Hotel
Chirnside Hall Hotel
Chirnside Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chirnside

Been to Roxburghe Hotel & Golf Course? Share your experiences!