“Beautiful historic building, lovingly maintained”

Cobb & Co Court Boutique Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Mudgee
Sydney
“Beautiful historic building, lovingly maintained”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The Cobb and Co Hotel is a historic building in the middle of Mudgee. The location is great - easy walks to any restaurant or shopping you might want to do in town, and the building is a lovely old design with an open courtyard and large generous rooms. The outfitting is superb, in keeping with the historic nature of the building and kept to a high standard. The price is a bit high for the overall standard but you can judge that for yourself beforehand, so it's not like it's a surprise sprung upon you.

Checking in and out can be a bit tricky depending on your timing, as it's done through the attached restaurant so can be a bit rushed and ad hoc but I'd definitely recommend popping into the restaurant for any meals so I'll forgive them that. I was prepared to be concerned about noise from the courtyard when first seeing the hotel and our rooms, but I was delighted to report that it was barely audible, even in the middle of breakfast, and definitely not loud enough to disturb our sleep-ins.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dlanods
Nicola M, Manager at Cobb & Co Court Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review of The Cobb & Co Court Boutique Hotel, Mudgee. We also believe the heritage of the building provides our accommodation with old-world character! We are glad you took the opportunity to dine at our Wineglass restaurant and hope you do visit us again on your next trip to Mudgee! Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Great place so central in the middle of town. A really pretty sandstone courtyard to sit and have coffee,drinks or be served Breakfast, Lunch & dinner georgous. Staff very friendly and extremely approachable.

Room Tip: I have stayed in five different rooms in the eight years I have stayed at the cobb & co and all...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The best thing about this apartment was the location, it was within walking distance to all the pubs and restaurants. As far as the apartment went, it had a comfortable bed and cosy feel. It reminded me a little of my grandmothers house with all the gold and floral finishings, and smelt like it too. I thought it was a little overpriced but I have stayed in a lot worse.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Charleville, Australia
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Mudgee was an overnight stop for us but we'd love to return next time for longer. We were lucky enough to discover the Cobb & Co and from the moment we walked into Reception the service provided by Ben was impeccable. Ben took the time to show us a room and we stayed in a lovely room on the ground floor with a large spacious bathroom (including double shower & separate spa bath), lounge and separate bedroom with queen size bed (including bathrobes). From our room we stepped out into the courtyard where a table was reserved for dinner - lovely outdoor setting. We enjoyed an entree before going for a walk and tempting our taste buds at another establishment (we often enjoy entrees from various restaurants with a glass of wine over the course of an evening). Breakfast the next morning was again served at the table in the courtyard near our room and we departed for home with an excellent 'hot' takeaway coffee. Again, the service provided by Ben and his team was excellent and we look forward to staying again one day. Service is the key and Cobb & Co certainly provided.

Room Tip: We were very happy in our ground floor room (steps to upstairs) - we were in Room 15. Great air cond...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Graham R
Ben E, General Manager at Cobb & Co Court Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Hi Graham & Deb,

Thank you very much for your very flattering review of our property. I find it very easy to look after guests when they are as pleasant as you!

I sincerely hope to see you again.

Many thanks

Ben Edmunds
Quirindi, Australia
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We came here on a last minute trip and were very pleased with our choice - its definitely one for a special occasion. The room was a really good size with great décor and a really comfy king size bed. The bathroom was large and very clean. Its definitely a great place to stay for a special trip to Mudgee.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Katoomba, Australia
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have stayed at this establishment on a number of occasions since my first visit and found that after the initial upgrade I received to perhaps gain my future business it was nothing but downhill from there. I always requested the same room (Rm No.1) for each additional stay and felt that it was perhaps an imposition to have done so. On the week/weekend of the Mudgee Small Farm Field Days I was informed that I did not have a booking for the weekend portion and that I needed to return to the hotel to collect my suitcases. I knew that I had booked the weekend but was not able to produce the email with the confirmation (lesson to me). We transferred to 'Parklands' resort and Conference Centre just outside the town to the north and found an even better gem. My next check in at the Cobb and co was met with a straight out you do not have a reservation which even now confused the receptionist as she had checked my next booking prior to us having to leave prematurely on the previous stay. Again I stayed at the 'Parklands' Resort. I cancelled all my future bookings with Cob and Co. I can not speak more highly of 'Parklands' they have been consistently at the top of their game. If you thought the food was good at the Cobb and Co wait until you eat at the restaurant at 'Parklands'. The Establishment are in the process of making over the rooms but even the ones that are yet the be completed are still fine, large rooms with table and chairs, quiet location and an easy walk into town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Douglas B
Hello Douglas, thank you for your review.

We definitely recall both your stays with us in June and July. It would have been helpful for you to have been able to produce your booking confirmation, as it is recorded that you were to check out on the weekend as you had to, as did your registration card which you also signed.

Also, Haylee, one of my managers, confirmed verbally with you your dates for that current stay, which you agreed to. There was a booking made for you for the following week, but you called and cancelled @ 4.39pm on the 16th of July, the day before your arrival which I find strange.

I find it frustrating that I have to answer reviews that are not based on fact.

By the way, do you work for Parklands Resort now?
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Definitely not your everyday hotel, but it your looking for something with some charm and history, I think you will like it. Rooms are a nice size and clean. I love the restaurant area. Just be warned, depending on the side of the street your on, it can be a bit loud at times.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple