“Great Choice in Mudgee”

Cobb & Co Court Boutique Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Mudgee
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Mudgee was an overnight stop for us but we'd love to return next time for longer. We were lucky enough to discover the Cobb & Co and from the moment we walked into Reception the service provided by Ben was impeccable. Ben took the time to show us a room and we stayed in a lovely room on the ground floor with a large spacious bathroom (including double shower & separate spa bath), lounge and separate bedroom with queen size bed (including bathrobes). From our room we stepped out into the courtyard where a table was reserved for dinner - lovely outdoor setting. We enjoyed an entree before going for a walk and tempting our taste buds at another establishment (we often enjoy entrees from various restaurants with a glass of wine over the course of an evening). Breakfast the next morning was again served at the table in the courtyard near our room and we departed for home with an excellent 'hot' takeaway coffee. Again, the service provided by Ben and his team was excellent and we look forward to staying again one day. Service is the key and Cobb & Co certainly provided.

Room Tip: We were very happy in our ground floor room (steps to upstairs) - we were in Room 15. Great air cond...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Graham R
Ben E, General Manager at Cobb & Co Court Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Hi Graham & Deb,

Thank you very much for your very flattering review of our property. I find it very easy to look after guests when they are as pleasant as you!

I sincerely hope to see you again.

Many thanks

Ben Edmunds

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We came here on a last minute trip and were very pleased with our choice - its definitely one for a special occasion. The room was a really good size with great décor and a really comfy king size bed. The bathroom was large and very clean. Its definitely a great place to stay for a special trip to Mudgee.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have stayed at this establishment on a number of occasions since my first visit and found that after the initial upgrade I received to perhaps gain my future business it was nothing but downhill from there. I always requested the same room (Rm No.1) for each additional stay and felt that it was perhaps an imposition to have done so. On the week/weekend of the Mudgee Small Farm Field Days I was informed that I did not have a booking for the weekend portion and that I needed to return to the hotel to collect my suitcases. I knew that I had booked the weekend but was not able to produce the email with the confirmation (lesson to me). We transferred to 'Parklands' resort and Conference Centre just outside the town to the north and found an even better gem. My next check in at the Cobb and co was met with a straight out you do not have a reservation which even now confused the receptionist as she had checked my next booking prior to us having to leave prematurely on the previous stay. Again I stayed at the 'Parklands' Resort. I cancelled all my future bookings with Cob and Co. I can not speak more highly of 'Parklands' they have been consistently at the top of their game. If you thought the food was good at the Cobb and Co wait until you eat at the restaurant at 'Parklands'. The Establishment are in the process of making over the rooms but even the ones that are yet the be completed are still fine, large rooms with table and chairs, quiet location and an easy walk into town.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Douglas B

Hello Douglas, thank you for your review.

We definitely recall both your stays with us in June and July. It would have been helpful for you to have been able to produce your booking confirmation, as it is recorded that you were to check out on the weekend as you had to, as did your registration card which you also signed.

Also, Haylee, one of my managers, confirmed verbally with you your dates for that current stay, which you agreed to. There was a booking made for you for the following week, but you called and cancelled @ 4.39pm on the 16th of July, the day before your arrival which I find strange.

I find it frustrating that I have to answer reviews that are not based on fact.

By the way, do you work for Parklands Resort now?

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Definitely not your everyday hotel, but it your looking for something with some charm and history, I think you will like it. Rooms are a nice size and clean. I love the restaurant area. Just be warned, depending on the side of the street your on, it can be a bit loud at times.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2013

A great place to stay, a few minutes walk to cafes and restaurants. We had a small queen room and it was lovely, beautifully furnished with a comfortable bed and quality linen. The bathroom was large, two small issues however, an exhaust fan would have been helpful. The antique style toilet flush was pretty noisy and the water continued to run unless you gave the chain a little tug. We had dinner in the Wine Bar and Grill restaurant and the meal was excellent. Very friendly and helpful staff oversee this Boutique Hotel. We will stay there again.

Room Tip: All rooms overlook a courtyard where people can dine and have a few drinks, we stayed in an upstairs...
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment at the front of the building, which was perfect for 2 couples but perhaps a bit on the too expensive side. Having said that, it was convenient, very clean and very roomy. Traffic noise was not a problem but the limits on street parking was a bit annoying. The restaurant was also very good.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom apartment is great for 2 couples.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is a very good hotel, located at the southern end of the main Mudgee township. It is away from the main road through town, and we didn't notice any traffic noise. There is street parking outside the hotel, but time limits apply during the day. The hotel has a slightly unusual arrangement, with the rooms opening onto a small, uncovered central courtyard. We stayed in a "Queen Deluxe" room which was comfortable and well equipped, with a very good bed and a spacious bathroom. The shape of the building makes many of the rooms long and narrow rather than square, but the layout works well. There is an excellent restaurant on the ground floor that is open all day and serves great food, with a strong emphasis on local produce and wines. The staff are friendly and helpful, and everything is done in a fairly informal manner. Highly recommended as a base for exploring Mudgee and the surrounding areas.

Room Tip: If you don't like stairs, ask for a ground floor room as there is no lift.