“Brilliant”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We are locals and this is one of our favourite restaurants. The prices are goid, food is fresh and as I work in a cellar door we send people here on a regular basis and they are never disappointed. Pete and ruth are delightful
hosts and bend over backwards for their many satisfied diners...

1  Thank AlisonJ1234

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I went there for dinner as it was close to town and thought we would try something different. It was one if the worst meals we have ever had!!

It was that bad I wouldn't even consider the "chef" a chef, he should probably work at a takeaway store but he probably wouldn't do that too well either. We are locals and we recommend that you go somewhere else instead, don't waste your money on a poor excuse of meals.

Another thing, your wait staff, she needs to smile and not seem stuck up.

Another t

3  Thank Foodlover871
Ruth A, Owner at Arbuckle's, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Disappointing that this reviewer did not give us any specifics that we could address. We do accept criticism as a way of improving our restaurant. Also this reviewer wrote 3 reveiws of 3 local restaurants on the same day, either very busy or someone with a grudge.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Dissappointed in the food.
For my dinner I chose spaghetti and meatballs, I don't know what was in the sauce but had such a strong taste, it was quite unpleasant to eat.
The staff are really nice and frendly which made me feel bad to mention the meal.

1  Thank wharatah
Reviewed September 29, 2013

4 people ordered coffee and all 4 we're terrible. The staff were friendly and the venue was nice. We didn't try food but if you're a coffee fan, avoid this place.

1  Thank Nari_Makena
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This was very refreshing for us. We are long time visitors to Mudgee (about 20 years) and often go to the same old same old, but today they were to crowded due to the markets and beginning of school holidays. Thank goodness! The food was delightful and the service bright and cheery. I had spiced pear pancakes for breakfast, that were divine, like having a healthy choice pancake meal. The small, extremely light, pancakes but were topped with ricotta and lazed in a beautiful pool of spiced pear juice (with the pears). The serving sized was plenty for breakfast and the aroma comforted you like lots of warm cuddles.
My husbands meal was just as great, he had the vegi revivour and loved it.
the atmosphere is a little bohemian cross vintage and is also different for Mudgee.
Good breakfast prices and very tasty.

1  Thank Robyn25