Winning Post Motor Inn
Cobb & Co Court Boutique Hotel(Mudgee)(Great Value!)
$122
Soldiers Motel(Mudgee)(Great Value!)
$100
$96
Travelocity
Cudgegong Valley Motel(Mudgee)(Great Value!)
$75
$71
Agoda.com
The Parkview Hotel Mudgee(Mudgee)(Great Value!)
$138
$129
Travelocity
Comfort Inn Aden Hotel Mudgee(Mudgee)(Great Value!)
$84
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsin house restaurantbuffet breakfastwithin walking distancerecent stayroom was spaciouspower pointsblackout curtainsfree wifi worked wellroom ratecomfortable hotelrecently stayed here for nightsin townthe main streeta great place to stayshort walkreception staffeaster weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have stayed here almost a dozen times in the last 12 months and will no longer stay here due to below:

Dark, outdated rooms
Uncomfortable bed
Bathrooms Falling apart
Average in-room facilities (TV, Iron)

Don't expect a sleep in during the week either as trucks are commonly parked outside room windows and leave at 5am.

If this place spent some money on renovating then things might improve. I have discovered there are nicer places
to stay for less then what you pay to

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank SnowSurfDive
winpost, Manager at Winning Post Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

As a regular visitor to our motel, the reviewer may know or not know of our current renovations. Due to similar feedback about our older rooms, we are extensively renovating them. They are very tidy and light (as seen in several of our recent reviews).The comment about the TV's being average is concerning. Even our older rooms include modern LCD tv's. We do place a flat iron in most rooms as unfortunately the steam ones tend to wander off occasionally. However, we do have a guest steam iron available on request. Monday to Friday we do have a lot of early starters, however most of our early starters are conscious of other guests needs and try to be as quite as possible. Truck parking is not allowed in front of the rooms, however some guests do have 4WD type vehicles. Perhaps this reviewer would like to try us again and try our newly renovated rooms. They may be pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We recently stayed at the winning post whilst on a hens night .... Location was fantastic aswell as the rooms ..... Beds were amazing and rooms set out well and very clean ... Only thing there was no conditioner after I shampooed :( . Buffet breakfast was excellent . It's a shame the young lady at reception on check out on Sunday didn't have much personality and not apologetic after our group and several other guests were waiting to check out were waiting up to 10 minutes before she came out ..... Overall a great place to stay and would highly recommend :)

• Stayed: August 2012

we are glad to hear the girls enjoyed their stay in at the Winning Post and enjoyed what this great town of Mudgee has to offer. I'm sorry to hear about the conditioner, but we place a combined shampoo/conditioner in the rooms free of charge for the guests convenience. Again our big buffet breakfast get's a wrap! I do apologize on behalf of the receptionist in regards to the delay in checkout. After speaking to her, it was possible the check out was delayed by a large group wishing to split their room bills. We hope to see the girls again soon on another fun weekend away.

Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

I heard that the Winning Post Inn restaurant was one of the best restaurant in town but I believed that it is not the fact. My family and I decided to have dinner there one night and we found the service was poor. I personally hated the service and the food. The fish was tasteless and not warm, it was also not fresh. I believe that customer service is one of the most important part of any restaurant. I expect a lot more from such a well known and fairly expansive restaurant.

Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Whateverr
winpost, Manager at Winning Post Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

We are regretful to hear that your meal was disappointing. We do pride our staff on their proffesionalism and it is unfortunate that they may not have been up to their usual high standard. Perhaps try us again and see if your experience will be enough to change your view. I have passed on your input to the chef and and rstaurant staff.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Had a pleasant stay here, professional, friendly staff and well equipped, clean rooms. Recommended.

• Stayed: June 2012
winpost, Manager at Winning Post Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our motel. We are glad to see you find our staff friendly and professional. We think very highly of our staff and are pleased that many guests are noticing what we see every day.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Having booked a weekend here for 3 couples before seeing the reviews below, I was very worried about just what I had booked and was considering canceling. I am pleased to report that my concerns were ill founded. All 3 rooms I booked were recently renovated, clean, modern, spacious, comfortable & bathrooms were good, the only concern being the new carpet smell in my room.

From the moment we arrived the atmosphere was friendly & welcoming from all staff, at $180 a night including breakfast, which was buffet style, it's a bit on the the high side but none the less I thought it was worth it.

While breakfast was the usual serving of fresh fruit, cereal, eggs, bacon etc there was plenty of it & judging by the plates of the other 2 couples who was with us, they thoroughly enjoyed it. My only complaint here was the coffee on offer, Nescafé & hot water, common guys if you can't fire up the espresso machine at least turn on the perculator, the coffee offer needs to be better.

On one of our nights in mudgee we ate at the in house restaurant, again the service & the food was good if not excellent. The staff were great and could not do enough for us, all 6 of us throughly enjoyed the night.

The unfortunate part was a couple of very noisy guest who made a lot of noise early Sunday morning ruining a good night sleep and what was otherwise a very good experience for all of us. The staff were very apologetic about something that was completely out of their control.

A very good motel, well positioned, the main street of town is a short 5 minute walk away, the service is great, i can recommended it, I will be back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review our motel. Our new rooms are being recieved well. Unfortuneatly, it is hard to get rid of that new carpet smell.
We are glad you found all the staff to be friendly and welcoming as our motto is friendliness and service.
I am suprised to see your comment on espresso coffee as there should have been espresso coffee available at a small charge. we will endevour to make sure you are made aware of this on your next visit.
It is unfortunate some guests do not respect to privacy and peace of other guests. We do ask guests to call reception with any cocerns or requests at any time.
We are glad you enjoyed yourself with all that Mudgee has to offer. We do believe Mudgee is a great experience for people and if we can play a small part in this, we are satisfied that we have done our job.