“Nice restaurant, nice food - but the staff . . .”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Wineglass

The Wineglass
Reserve with
The Wineglass is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 67 Restaurants in Mudgee
Cuisines: Australian, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: “We change our menu regularly” says Scott Tracey, owner and chef of the famous fully licensed “Wineglass Bar & Grill” – “Cooking only the freshest of local regional produce and taking advantage of the seasons.Our style is truly “Cuisine du Terroir”- local regional cooking at its best and we have an extensive selection of local wines to choose from.
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Nice restaurant, nice food - but the staff . . .”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

This restaurant is very nice, and the food is well prepared but very expensive, although the portions are very small.

But the staff which contains of a group of very young and highly incompetent girls, which perhaps would have been better off working in the local bar. At least the guests here would.

They are always right, and eager to start a discussions for any small “ misunderstanding” whatsoever.

So apart from the nice dinner, the overall impression is not good.

Visited June 2013
Ben E, General Manager at The Wineglass, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Hi Jorn,

Thankyou for your review. I understand your concern regarding our young staff here at the Wineglass Bar & Grill, and I want to note that in order for a person to gain experience within a certain field, they must first work within the field. We do have a young team here at the moment, but hopefully soon they will be my experienced team. I would also like to speak to you regarding your behaviour on the night; please email me on admin@cobbandcocourt.com.au or call on 02 6372 7245.

Sydney, Australia
“Good but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Two of us were sat outside with a family of 6 in a little plastic enclosed area as the inside was fully booked. We were aware of this at booking and decided to go ahead with it anyway given this place's ranking on tripadvisor.
Food was of a good quality but nothing really stood out in terms of flavour or appearance. I suppose I'd call it great pub food but at these prices I'm expecting a bit more of a wow factor. Was served an expired beer but that was promptly replaced when I pointed it out. Service was friendly.
I recall the website talking about using the best local produce but when I asked the waitress to recommend a main which used local produce I was told that the extent of it was that the meat was purchased from the local butcher.
We also ate at Elton's which I would recommend over this place based on ambience, quality of food and value for money.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank kevkevkevkevkev
Hi Kev,

Thankyou for your honest review. I apolgise for the beer. The staff member on the night has not yet been instructed fully on the finer points of our menu. All meat is sourced locally, although our premium steak comes form the Kilcoy area in Queensland. Our frut & vegtables are from a local provider. A majority of our herbs are actually grown in the head chef's garden. The cheese is made in Mudgee as is the olive oil. There are products which we must source elsewhere, but if we can, we use the region's best. Also our Winelist is 99% local aswell.
Mudgee, New South Wales, Australia
“Best food in Mudgee, HANDS DOWN!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

The wine glass is hands down the best food in mudgee. I would recommend the pork belly and tiramissu in particular. My husband and I get take out from the Wineglass almost once per week. It's a little pricey but you definitely get your money's worth. I can't say enough about the tiramissu, I am addicted!!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank wanderlust8858
Thankyou for a great review.

We are changing the menu with some spectacular new desserts on offer!
Sydney, Australia
“great local wines”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

fabulous food. a little pricey - but well worth it. service outstanding
easy walking distance from most central accommodation

Visited May 2013
Thank you for your review. We have some fantastic variety on the winelist the moment. Our new Bar Manager Tony Steeman has put together a great winelist, but it's also thanks to a great winemaking region..
sydney
“EXPECTED BETTER”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went to this restaurant on a locals recommendation - can't say I was overly impressed. The main meals are around $30-$35 so a patron is entitled to high expectations. The waitress was very good unobtrusive, efficient, welcoming however the food let her down. Reading the other reviews I should have sent my meal back but another guest at the table didn't confirm my comment so I let it go. Visually the meals looked lovely - not too flashy, or big. They were luke warm. Had they been
hot (as you would expect a lamb rump and steak to be) I'm sure I would have been happy. Dining
somewhere else that same day for lunch I had to send my meal back because of the same issue.
I hope this is not becoming a restaurant trend? Would I go back? Not sure?

• Visited May 2013
Thank you for your review.

We have had a small issue with the tempreture of our dishes latley, but this has been rectified.