“Lack of maintenance ”

Farmer's Daughter Cottages
Ranked #11 of 20 Specialty Lodging in Mudgee
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Used to regularly stay in the cottages here. But a complete disregard for basic maintenance (when people are paying good money to stay) means I will no longer return. Leaking sink (which had clearly been wetting below cupboards for a very long time), broken light globes x 6 in house, fan in bathroom not working (reported during 2 of our stays months apart, only to return each time and it was the still broken), plus leaking flooding carport. A real shame for a place that was really good years ago.

Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank MRN901

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the rose cabin during the week. I travel a lot for work and stay all over the place in mudgee.. this cottage was great. It had everything I needed to make my stay as comfortable as possible during the week. The full size kitchen and bbq came in handy and the room was very spacious and clean. I didnt have any trouble with dirty dishes and towels it was very nice. I would love to stay there every week if I could but it was booked out on the dates I was going to be there.. just goes to show these cottages are very popular.. awesome stay and I will try to stay there again

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Bennyc2003
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We had occasion to visit Mudgee again for a family wedding this weekend past and stayed once again in the Chardonnay Cottage at Farmer's Daughter Winery. This large 3 bedroom cottage has a large living area overlooking the vineyard and a peaceful and relaxing experience was had by me and my husband. Prices are extremely reasonable and we highly recommend a stay here for all visitors to the Mudgee area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Linda P
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Mudgee is one of the prettiest places - lots to see. The wineries are great and the countryside is just beautiful. Farmer's Daughters cabins are great - the cabins are huge - there were 14 of us (7 couples),we shared to two large cabins - Chardonnay and Merlot - there was a bbq for each cabin, great kitchen, great size bedrooms, great facilities and breakfast to boot - really great value for money - worth the trip

Room Tip: If there are 3 couples - make sure you share Chardonnay or Merlot cabins - plenty of room and privac...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We enjoyed a wonderful 3 night stay in the Shiraz Cottage during our trip to Mudgee and the Central West. The cottage has everything you need, is tastefully decorated and a short 10 min drive into town. There are five cottages in the vineyard but each one is well positioned away from the others so you have your own privacy.
It was lovely to watch the sun go down each afternoon from our deck overlooking the vineyards.
Vicky from Farmer's Daughter Wines was very friendly and helpful with suggestions and advice.
We would stay here again for sure......... thank you !!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed at the Rose Lodge which appears newly built and all furniture and the kitchen were in great condition. I'm very fussy and don't like places with worn and tired furnishings so I'm very happy with this place.
The back door opens onto the vineyard so you're amongst the rows of vines as soon as you walk out. The kitchen has every thing and they even give you little boxes of cereal for breakfast.
It's about 8km from town so not very far at all.
I noticed that the other lodges (except the one titled Shiraz) appear older on the outside so I'm not sure whether the interiors of those other ones are of the same condition.

Really good value and highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Emehh
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed in Rose cottage for 2 nights. We arrived midday and our cottage was ready. Very comfortable and plenty of room. Even though there are 5 cottages in the complex, we felt as though we were the only ones around. The cottages are well spaced from each other and trees and hedges provide privacy. Staying in the middle of a vineyard added to our wine holiday experience. We woke up the first morning to a beautiful fog with the vines peeking through. It was an easy 5minute drive to town and we also headed to Gulgong on the first afternoon. Only disappointment was the lack of breakfast. I think some of the websites about this place need updating as information was confusing and contradictory as to what was included. There was no breakfast in our fridge, only a container of jam and butter. We were given a litre of milk when we booked in. I guess we could have asked for breakfast but we made do with what we had and, as we left early each day, the office wasn't opened. The lounge in our cottage was quite uncomfortable and looked as though it had been used a lot!! Beds were comfortable and the verandahs front and back allowed you to follow the sun all day. Very clean! We checked out early as we had a long drive home and wished to explore some more of the countryside. When I returned the key there was nowhere to put it. A key box would be a great idea. I found an open door in the yard behind the house and left the key on a bar in there. All in all though a great place to stay.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple