AJ's Mudgee Guesthouse
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Mudgee
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 13, 2011

This guesthouse is very beautiful, however the experience is ruined by the rude behaviour of the hostess. I was made to feel very unwelcome for no reason, other than she seems to hate her job. Such a shame.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank flaming_lamborghini
AJsMudgee, Owner at AJ's Mudgee Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2011

Thank you for your review. I feel I should apologise if I appeared to be rude to you or made you feel unwelcome during your stay. I certainly did not mean to do this and usually am quite the opposite.

I must admit that I do not recall the incident but this in no way lessens the sincere apology to you.

I can assure you that I do enjoy what I do and would not have done it this long if I did not enjoy it.
What helps us to enjoy AJs is seeing our guests enjoy their stay so hearing of your disappointment saddens us.

Once again please accept my sincere apologies for any upset or discomfort I may have caused you.

Reviewed July 22, 2011

A and J are very very hospitable and could not be faulted. The breakfast was truly superb. The rooms were ok - the shower door leaked all over the floor!. The sound system in the room was a challenge but once one understood it, it was very pleasant. The fact that the building was near the end of the airport runway made no difference as the two planes a day were gone over very very quickly and not a problem at all. The free internet was a real bonus. For the price though we did not believe it was value

Room Tip: ggod bed, great food, not cheap
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Hubby and I just had the pleasure of staying over the June long weekend at AJ’s, we could not have stayed at a more welcoming, luxurious place in Mudgee (and we are regular visitors to Mudgee), six stars all round, highly recommended for that ‘escape’ our hosts Mandy and Paul made our stay fabulous with their unobtrusive manner, friendly, warm and inviting but maintained our privacy at the same time. The accommodation is purpose built and still looks and feels new and inviting. I would highly recommend A.J’s and I know we will be back, as will you once you stay. Thanks Mandy and Paul for a great weekend.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Hi,

Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again to Mudgee & AJ's in the future.

Reviewed June 8, 2011

We booked out the complete guesthouse for a weekend away from kids and a long overdue catch up with friends. We arrived Friday afternoon and was more than impressed with the premises, the lounge, dining and kitchen areas were very spacious and clean with all the mod cons. A lovely afternoon tea was on offer (for both afternoon s), we also had bought our own cheese, crackers and some bubbly to start our weekend off. For those who are not animal lovers, the dogs roaming around in the backyard maybe a bit of a turn off.
Dinner that night was enjoyed at Blue Wren Restaurant, we arranged the courtesy bus to pick us up and drive us back at the end of the evening. Apparently the pork belly was sensational!
We booked Brian from Mudgee Tourist Bus for our winery tour and was more than happy with his service, lovely gentleman! We opted for the "fine dining experience" for Saturday night dinner, very enjoyable and lots of it with complimentary bubbly and a bottle of wine each couple.
Our stay in Mudgee in a nutshell was very pleasurable however we got the feeling Mandy and Paul were at times "over it". A handy tip - do not ask for fresh towels. We asked for fresh towels and was rudely told to "hang them up and let them dry" - for 5* accommodation that answer is not acceptable.

Overall, we enjoyed a wonderful weekend with great friends, some great Mudgee wines, apart from some niggly issues at AJ's Guesthouse it was a modern, clean and good purpose built guesthouse for our stay.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ballygirl123
Reviewed May 8, 2011

Just returned from a lovely weekend in Mudgee. AJ's provided everything we wished for. Spotless, very comfy and quiet and Paul and Mandy were totally obliging - from cooking a great breakfast to giving recommendations on dining, wineries and touring. The B&B is very quiet and decked with lots of luxury features. Mudgee is terrific for weekends from Sydney. It's got lovely wineries and excellent dining options. Best of all the place doesn't shut down at 6pm. We had a really nice Italian meal at Isabella's. Definitely consider AJ's if you're swinging by Mudgee.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple