All reviews half board other resorts mini fridge pudding bottled water great holiday cold meats meal times young german potatoes fish yogurt hill entertainment supermarket twin spain
Selected filters
Reviewed October 25, 2018

We loved this Hotel, the food was really good and a good choice, you should find something you like. All the staff are so friendly and welcoming and will help with just about anything. The bathroom light was flashing one day, we reported it to reception and it was fixed within 10 minutes.
The only problem I had was the hill from the front leading up to the Hotel. It was only a problem for me because of my age and health, everyone else just got on with it with no problem.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank christinederrick
AndreinaM44, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Pinero Tal, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Dear Guest,

We want you to know that we are really happy that you had such an excellent holiday with us and thank you for sharing your experience.

As we aim on a daily basis to exceed the needs and goals of our valued guests and provide them with a place of joy and total comfort, we are obviously humbled by your kind words.

We would like to express our gratitude once again for your wonderful feedback and hope to have the honour of serving you again soon.

Best Regards,
Customer Service Department

Reviewed October 13, 2018

So I just stayed at this hotel. What can I say. I think that it's ok, it's not special it's not awful either. It's 3* and does what it says on the tin (more or less).

I can see a lot of bad reviews on here but I find most of the reasoning is a little off.... Or perhaps unfair is the way to describe it.

Let me say it how I saw it.

This is a 3* hotel approx 300m from the beach. It's situated in a busy built up area designed as a holiday resort. It's close to Palma and the water parks etc, you should expect kids, party goers etc as well as couples amongst the guests. People also live in the area and there is traffic and noise from dogs etc. It's really no different to most other resorts of its kind.

I did find the walls of the hotel were quite thin. I would have expected it to be a little more noise insulated, but again I say 3*.

I also expected better views, they do have balconies but due to the high rise buildings in the area the views are only from the top few floors and then they remain a little obstructed. The balconies still provide a nice outside area overlooking the pool, which is still quite pleasant depending upon how you look at it. I mean it could be a busy road right? Also there are other buildings in close proximity, I have to say despite this I could not see into anyone else's apartment etc and so I also doubt they could see into mine and I was quite happy to wander around naked. I guess I'm just saying it's not the end of the world to only have a balcony over looking a pool and not the sea and whilst there are other building they really aren't close enough to see in, you'd have to really stare, and if they are going that far then be flattered, your obviously worth a look.

The staff are Spanish (I presume), they speak a number of languages inc French, German and English as well as Spanish and Catalan. They are not 'Unfriendly' and they are more than helpful if you ask them, but you do need to ask.... I tend to find that us 'Brits' expect politeness and 'service' that is not common in European countries, where the tone is often a little more harsh and you are expected to pipe up if you want something.

I could complain about the perceived rudeness of some of the staff but actually I spent time to watch them and they are the same with everyone, and anytime I asked for anything, nothing was to much trouble. They even went out of their way and above and beyond when I did ask. The restaurant staff in particular I struggled with, but I also noted how busy this place is. They are running round like headless chickens trying to clear tables and sit you down to make sure you get fed and don't have to wait ages (yes there is a small wait sometimes). So I think they deserve some slack too. I couldn't imagine doing their job, trying to sit us Hangry folk down at meal times.

I was disappointed at the extra expense for most things. This hotel only has Free Wifi in the reception. You need to pay for it in your room, you also have to pay for the safe key by the day as well as a mini fridge if you need it. I think this should be a lot clearer before you decide to stay, but so long as you know this before hand and can budget for it, it's not too bad, not when you consider how cheap some of these package deals work out to sometimes.

The food is actually pretty good. For those that think they don't cater to your tastes, I have a couple of things to say... 1/. This is Spain, not your home country. Expect Spanish foods.... They do try to cater for everyone though. And 2/. Stop being so fussy. There is so much to choose from and I am sure if you have a strong preference or some allergy if you let them know they will accommodate you. They can't do anything if you don't say anything though.

Most days there was fresh salad.... The type depended on the day and sometimes there was more than others. There was soup, Pasta, Rice, vegetables, cheese, cold meats, fish, a main meat dish and usually some other meat dish or two, breads, potatoes, chips etc at dinner. For breakfast there was also eggs, bacon etc as well as loads of fruit and yoghurt, cereal etc. The only thing I think could be improved is the puddings, they weren't really to my liking, I like a good piece of cake, esp the Spanish Madeira type cakes, but they always seemed to have creamy cakes etc on. The mouse etc was pretty good though and I was able to buy cake from the local supermarket easy enough.

As a half boarder I didn't have lunch, and I was expected to pay for water even with my meal. This was again a disappointment, but bottled water from the shop up the road was 20c a 1.5 litre bottle.... SO CHEAP. You can't drink the tap water here on the island. I'd like to think with this in mind hotels would throw in water for the Half boarders too, given water is needed to sustain life, but as I already said, it's cheap enough from the supermarket, and this is something I think you should expect coming to the whole island so be prepared.

The rooms are bright and airy, with good air con. They are pretty clean, a little tatty round the edges in places, but overall I could not fault the rooms. I stayed in 2 rooms, both with 2 twin (single beds) but they were comfy clean. They have black out blinds and so the rooms are pretty dark to sleep which is always a plus. There is a small TV (which I never turned on) as well as a desk and ample storage in the wardrobe. A few more coat hangers would be good though.

If you arrive early or need to check out before your flights etc, there is a bag storage are which you can use.

The do also have a very limited Gym which does need some updating, but its not used much and so it was easy enough to get on and do a work out when needed. They do also have some entertainment, but I couldn't locate the info not in English anyways. I didn't bother asking as I spent most days out all day hiking and so I was pretty tired after bed and so retired to my room at this point. Im sure if I had of asked they would have told me.

I did share my concerns with the staff at the start of my visit and they really did go out of their way to make me happy.

Whilst I can nit pick at the hotel plenty, I can't really fault it. If you did your research before you got here you'd know the area is petty noisy and the hotel is 3* and not the ritz, in which case it is exactly what it is. If you understand culture varies from county to country and you adapt to the ways of where you are I also think you'll find the staff are quite pleasant, so again I won't fault them either.

I'm not sure I'd stay again but only because I don't like this kind of resort and would prefer somewhere a little quieter but I think that's just my old age talking and nothing at all to do with the hotel.

It's cheap enough, cheerful enough and if you just accept it for what it is, you'll still have a great holiday. So enjoy!!

Room tip: Rooms on the 8th and 9th floors have the best views.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank Embers78
AndreinaM44, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Pinero Tal, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2018

Dear Guest,

We would like first of all to thank you for your most appreciative review. Our aim is to create a particularly pleasant atmosphere for our guests with our numerous services in our beautifully designed hotel so your words confirming our success are very important to us and we will relay your kind words to our wonderful team of staff on your behalf.

It is nice to know that you hold us in fond memories and we hope that you visit us again soon.

Best Regards,

Customer Service Department

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

Just came back from an all inclusive holiday and can say we was very disappointed with this hotel.There was not a great selection of food to cater for english people and was all aimed at german and french we were the only english couple staying there and felt very uncomfortable and out of place. The drinks also made us very unwell so we spent all our spending money on drinking amd eating outside the hotel which we didnt expect to do as we had booked all inclusive. There cocktail bar that was advertised was in fact and vending machine behind the bar. We couldnt even relax by there pool as all you could hear was dogs barking all hours of the day and cars reviving from the surrounding buildings which were a eyesore we felt like we were in slumdog millionare and the tall buildings also blocked the sun off there very small pool and most of the sun loungers were broke and dirty also was very surprised to see cats roaming around the pool.The smell as you enter the hotel is not very pleasant either. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and we certainly wont be returning.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Georgia P
AndreinaM44, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Pinero Tal, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2018

Dear guest,

First of all thank you for trusting the Hotel Piñero Tal and choosing us to enjoy your holidays.

We are very concerned about the discomfort you felt about the service you mentioned; we really thank you for letting us know your valuable observations and we sincerely regret for have not met your expectations,

We have taken note of these comments in order to take proper measures to guarantee our guests' enjoyment.

Once again thank you for your time and comments.

Kinds regards from Mallorca.

Andreina Mundo.

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I recently stayed here for a week all inclusive! NEVER AGAIN! We were the only English couple at the hotel and wasn’t made to feel welcome at all! The staff were miserable and we felt invisible.. the food didn’t accommodate English people and was more for French and German guests. We spent most of our spending money on food and drink outside of the hotel, the ‘cocktail bar’ advertised is a shabby machine that is behind the bar. The best thing about the hotel was the snacks severed at 5.30pm which was ham and cheese toasties! The hotel is situated near the beach but, you couldn’t see the beach from the balcony! All we could see were the surrounding flats that made us feel like we were in slumdog millionaire! ITS BASICALLY A COUNCIL ESTATE!!! I would NEVER recommend this hotel to my worst enemy, let alone anyone else! We contacted on the beach, who we booked through on the Friday we arrive and it took them until Wednesday to get a reply from the hotel to which they said we could down grade to half board and all they would give us back is 20€! The pool is small and there is never any sun there due to the tall, horrible, eye sore flats that surround it! VERY VERY disappointed that we saved all year to have a very uncomfortable holiday! The rooms were also very shabby, from a dirty plug hole in the bath to broken tiles and wires hanging everywhere!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Georgia P

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your detailed feedback regarding your stay at our hotel.

We are very concerned about the discomfort you felt; we thank you for letting us know your observations and we sincerely regret for have not met your expectations, We appreciate the time that you disposed to share your valuable feedback with us.

We hope you give us a second chance to restore your confidence in our hotel.

Kind regards,
Andreina Mundo
Hotel Piñero Tal

Reviewed August 17, 2018

Standard is not great, a bit smelly downstairs, very loud area, guests to noisy (party whole nights), I would recommend this hotel only to the loud drunk people, when you don't pay attention to details and it doesn't bother you when everybody screams and party all nightfood nearly same every day.. Food nearly same every day.
Only staff tries very hard, doing best job !
Don't recomend..

Room tip: Higher than 6, 7th floor with sea view..
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Marian K
Andreina M, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Pinero Tal, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Dear Marian,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our hotel for your holiday and for sharing your experience with us. We regret that you were not completely satisfied with your recent stay at our hotel.

As you have seen at our hotel we always do our utmost to provide our guests with perfect holidays, we do regret your experience concerning at other clients during your time in our hospitality was not that good like you expected.

We sorry that our cuisine was not completely to your taste, we work hard to our food be good and tastes to everyone.

Best regards,