All reviews half board short break lovely hotel night break at this hotel quick check bottle of champagne buffet style bed and breakfast bit dated steep hill a lovely stay minute walk to the beach out of season plenty of choice breakfast and dinner cleaned daily salad
Selected filters
Reviewed June 1, 2016 via mobile

A nice stay but spoilt with the noise level outside the hotel from drunks and traffic. The hotel is located next to an infant school so it was always a tad noisy. The hotel was clean ,welcoming and food was good!

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank ArthurB1558
Reviewed May 28, 2016

I have spent 5 days at this hotel, where do i start, the location is very good 5 minute walk to the beach, hill is little steep for the less agile. the hotel is absolutely stunning beautiful decor absolutely stunning, the food was lovely always something to eat, great choices. the salad bar was presented lovely and always immaculate round the dishes, the hotel does cater for English but lots of other germans and danish but not a problem as the ambiance was always a happy one, the sunbeds are very comfy not the standard plastic ones. there is entertainment on on a night not every night. the rooms are standard but lovely only down side there was no English tv only news chanel little dissapointed. the spa is fantastic absolutely stunning best spa i have seen. all in all an excellent hotel would highly recommend if you want a little luxury at affordable prices. would defo return to this hotel without a doubt. My only negative is the beds were very hard, good if you suffer bad back but not for me and they need to cater for English with the tv chanels. Thankyou to the wonderful staff on reception and throughout the hotel couldnt do enough for you.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank christinaagrelaro
reservas3, Director Comercial at Hotel Torre Azul & Spa - Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel with other users.
 Your comments are extremely important and therefore I am committed to reading your evaluation, thanking you once again for your time.

Let me introduce myself, I am the Commercial Director of Hotel Torre Azul & Spa **** Adults Only and I am here to tell you that we have read your opinion.
I apologize if, after sending your comments, I received no response from the Hotel. Your opinion is extremely important and it is for this reason my mission to read your evaluation, I consider it important that you need a response from us, thanking you once again in advance for your time and comments.

Our duty is to attend to the complaints of each of our clients. I would have liked to stay during your stay to receive and comment on your stay at the hotel. However, we thank you for your confidence in us and for your comments about our hotel.

I am very happy that we have been able to meet your expectations by offering excellent service and personally I want to thank you for your words, which will be sent to our staff and hotel management.

Thank you for placing your trust in us to enjoy your holidays.

Best regards.

Reviewed May 27, 2016

The hotel is beautiful immaculately clean and with beautiful furniture, paintings and accessories. The staff were second to none and were tremendously helpful they couldn't do enough for you. However, the food in the restaurant, although of very good quality was consistently lukewarm to cold!! The only time we ate hot food was when it was cooked in front of you i.e meat or fish. Chips were on the menu every night of varying description but never a boiled potato?? All meals were self service you made your own toast and got your coffee from a machine. The staff in the restaurant were fabulous always smiling and happy and ready to help you. The spa was great but once you've been in it didn't have the same attraction. Very disappointing was the fact that there was no entertainment at all for the five nights that we were there although entertainment was advertised on the website!! Also the bar closed at immediately it was midnight.
The bedroom was more than sufficient and immaculately clean towels changed every day and room cleaned everyday.
The sea view was a bit of a joke you could only glimpse the sea between the buildings surrounding the hotel and if you sat on the balcony the street noise was loud and again you got a strong smell from the street.
The area around the hotel was very shabby and the smell from the streets was disgusting wet dog and faeces come to mind. I know the hotel cannot do anything about that but travellers do need to know.
The resort was not one that we knew and was only booked with a relative choosing it. I was so disappointed to find out it was worse than Magaluf, which used to have such a bad reputation, El Arenal is the capitol for German hen and stag do's. Once you have seen a large group of these people cavorting around town at 1 o clock in the afternoon drunk and shouting you really don't need to see another. There is a place called the 'Megarena' unless you are brain dead you really shouldn't visit this so called beer keller it is nothing but a strip joint by any other name. Awful.
I am so sorry that I couldn't be more enthusiastic about this place but I really wouldn't want to visit Arenal again.

Room tip: I just wouldn't go again. Sorry.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank melodymcgrath

Dear Mmelodymcgrath,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel with other users.

We believe that the opinion of our customers is the best tool to improve the quality of our service. Our duty is to attend to the complaints of each of our clients and I thank you for letting us know about your discomfort at the hotel.
We regret to have to know that they have left our hotel with a not so pleasant perspective.
We try to provide the highest level of hospitality, our daily effort makes this achievement meet to adapt to the needs of our customers, being productive.

We hope to have the opportunity to receive it in the near future, as I said in my previous response. And if so, I would be grateful if you could contact me in advance at comercial@hoteltorreazul.com
I am at your disposal.

Reviewed May 26, 2016

My wife and I spent a lovely 5 days here mid May 2016 on half board basis. The hotel bedrooms were clean and a lift to the eleventh floor very helpful. The food selection was good but some items could have been warmer. The outside swimming pool was clean and there was adequate sunloungers available. There was some noise from a nearby school but this was tolerable for the odd hour. The spa was excellent with 2 dry rooms and a steam room and there was a heated indoor pool with jacuzzi and water jet facilities. The WiFi in most of the hotel was very useful. The staff were very friendly and the hotel a few hundred yards from the beach. One piece of advice, do request a sea view bedroom, the views over the water and sunsets are beautiful.

Room tip: Do try for sea view bedroom
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank John S

Dear John S,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel with other users.

Thank you for placing your trust in us to enjoy your vacation.

Receive a warm greeting from Mallorca.

Best regards.

Reviewed May 24, 2016

Hotel is clean and welcoming. On a street about 600metres from the sea. Small but nice Spa. Buffet food acceptable, good breakfasts but dinner was generally well overcooked and not great. Salads were good. Rooms an adequate ssize though I was on my own so hard to say ifb there were two of us. Clean and well equipped but there is only one English speaking TV channel and nothing with english subtitles. Didnt bother me but just a note. Pool area fine though was a bit cold when we stayed. The biggest problem with this hotel is the noise. The walls are thin and you can hear talking, bathroom activities, TV, arguing, singing and love making all night. Also rooms on the front are noisy from 6am when the service lorries start. I wouldnt say avoid as staff were nice and it was clean and not bad value but take earplugs or stay out late! I was on a cycling holiday so needed a bit more sleep.

Room tip: Ask for a room at the back and high up. Friendly towards Cyclists
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends