“Simply AVOID!”

Paradise Beach Music Hotel
Ranked #31 of 44 Hotels in El Arenal
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Where do I start? Well we booked last minute and with the price, didn't expect luxury, basic and clean, with edible food, is all we required...
We arrived at 4 am, to be told we didn't have a room, we were given our bands and bundled into a taxi and sent to another hotel, which didn't have all inclusive facilities, we were not even offered a drink of water. Had I been on my own, or just females, this would have been pretty scary, as we were just told, it was 10 minutes away, this was not so, we were nearly back to the airport!
The next day we returned to this hotel, to discover, that all who had arrived on our flight hadn't had a room either. We received no apology and then the receptionist tried to charge for the safe. To give him credit, he took one look at my face and gave us it for free!
Our room was mainly as expected, tired, but generally clean...until, I needed to pay a call, now the toilet was clean, but above it was a rusty vent, dripping on me! To be fair to the manager, did offer to move us, when I showed him the picture, but I refused, as our room was next to the stairwell and as this was the ONLY fire exit, I wanted to be close to it (advice given in case the stairs were blocked, was to hang out of your balcony, so people knew you were there, disgusting lack of basic safety!).
The food was barely edible, I lived on pasta and salad, in fact two meals were incorrectly labeled, one day was supposed to be pork, the next lamb, both were liver!
It was fairly noisy, as we later found out, it was marketed to Germans as an 18/30 holiday, so this was to be expected.
The pool was extremely small, the official photograph for it, is completely misleading, it was absolutely filthy, with a constant film on top, we didn't venture into it! On the last morning, I watched it being 'cleaned'. A gentlemen, went around the outside of the pool and simply hosed everything into the pool!
The one night we spent in the bar, the service was extremely slow, not surprising as the bar man mixed himself a cocktail of vodka, bacardi and whiskey (yuck) and downed it in one...the entertainment was half an hour of mediocre, but funny transvestites, followed by bingo, I went to pay a call in the lobby toilets and had to do so in the dark, as there was no lights, when I informed the receptionist of this and the massive queue for the bar, I simply got a shrug of the shoulders..
I do have to say though, that the manager Alex did try to help people complaining, many families were moved to other hotels, but there was only so much he could do.
The surrounding area was nice, the beach was pretty, although tourists have left quite a lot of rubbish! There was plenty of little shops to look around, but also plenty of street scammers, if you visit, be aware of this!
Now we made the best of this short trip, met some nice people and had fun on the beach, but it's definitely not somewhere I would want to return to and without a doubt not a family place, even the resort itself is more set out for young party goers.
After this experience, I will NEVER take an holiday with dhotels again, it's just too much of a Del Trotter outfit for my liking.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Symone P

Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is by far the worst and most disgusting place I have never stayed? We stayed there for 4 hours and that was enough had to get another hotel. If you have booked this place get your money back and stay home! Who ever puts some of the reviews on here must have no standards if they think this place was good.I would not even give this hotel -stars it's that bad.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank James B
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

This is a hotel we booked on a last minute all inclusive deal. I read the other reviews and the place seemed okay so ahead we went.
While the hotel is shabby looking (there was plaster missing from the walls in our room and only 1 light worked) the place is clean and the facilities you need like shower and toilet were all working fine.
We found out shortly after we got there that this particular hotel is a German Club 18-30 resort however don't be fooled as this hotel is extremely tame to the point of a little bit boring! As we only had a short break we only experienced the drag act, bingo and a quiz but no events at all during the day which I expected on an all inclusive.
If you are looking for somewhere for children or caters to those with disabilities then please avoid this hotel as there are no facilities for either.
The pool is small, very small and there are not enough loungers to cover all occupants of the hotel.
The gorgeous beach however is just 5 mins downhill and the resort itself is lively and good for families as there is something for everyone.
I would not consider this hotel value for money if you are a family as even though the food is cooked it is not appealing and the different dishes they offer on the buffet did not go together.
Overall while I enjoyed staying here I would not have wanted to stay for more than 3 nights.
Whatever your choice is enjoy your holiday!!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank RaeMc42
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Were put here for one night when the hotel we booked was full. Was that bad i looked it up on google maps to find out where it was. Read the rest of the reviews first, and totally agree with all. I don't expect a lot, but when our hotel tried to persuade us to stay here another night!!! i'd rather sleep on the street. If you have kids, don't stay here. No matter what the cost. Even if it's free! Agreeing with the other reviews, the lift did brake down. And they served chips for breakfast. The noise from (the minority of) other guests was laughable. They were just screaming at the top of their voices. No words, just screaming i kid you not. When i complained, the night manager just said tell him if it happens again and he will call the police. Great!! It is very much a German/Dutch area right down the beach for a couple of miles.

I think S'arenal is the one area to keep out of when visiting majorca. But if i was 18 and had paid £200 i would have been happy. The rooms were nice but simple. One night was too much.

Room Tip: if you want to sleep at all, go somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank ray f
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was allocated in this hotel in the beginning of May 2013 together with my boyfriend and we had an excellent time. The hotel has good position, only few minutes walk from beautiful beach, shops and party life.
The hotel has basic amenities but clean. We found all staff very friendly and helpful!
The food was ok with nice selection, the breakfast was the best!!!
Although the hotel is basic, we really enjoy our holidays. Sauna & Jacuzzi for small charge was lovely as well.
Highly recommended for young people who dont want to spend lot of money for their holidays :) We would definitely return.
Z & A

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank holidaygirl1981
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My friend and I spent a week at the Isla Dorada at the end of May. Despite reading some mixed reviews ours was a positive experience to share. The hotel has good basic amenities with staff who are friendly and hospitable, doing everything to ensure we had a memorable visit.

A main attraction was the hotel location with its easy access to the airport, shops and to the beach, just a five minute walk away. Everything was in reach, whatever we wanted to do. For us this was a coach trip round the island and after dinner strolls to experience the beautiful sunsets. We rented a bike for a ride along the coast to Palma which was lovely and something to be recommended. All in all a fantastic time, both in beautiful Mallorca and at the Isla Dorada.

Would we return to the hotel? Yes

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank StephieClare
Reviewed June 19, 2013

we stayed here for 6 nights and paid about £250 each. We were dreading what it would be like after reading reviews but were definitely pleasantly surprised. The rooms are pretty basic but clean. Food was ok, there was a good selection and you can get burgers and chips from the bar throughout the day. Nice selection of drinks. If you expect the ritz then pay for the ritz!!
The only downside were the other guests. There were groups of 20+ Dutch/ German who were just rude and arrogant. The resort is pretty much for German and Dutch this was the only downside to the resort. I'd say 5% of people were English. I wouldn't recommend bringing children here.
Other than the other guests the hotel was exceptional value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple