All reviewsbad reviewsafter reading the reviewsfood was lovelyyogurtfresh towels
Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

We booked as a last minute holiday and afterwards we read the terrible reviews and it filled us with dread.
When we arrived the hotel was clean and welcoming the staff were very friendly. Yes there is no air conditioning yes there is no tv or tea coffee making facilities in the room but what do you expect for what you pay to stay here. The breakfast was ample with a small selection of meats and cheeses but it is a continental breakfast. The dining room was clean and again the staff were helpful. With reading the reviews I would recommend using the safety security boxes but we had no problems at all staying here and we would stay again.

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

I tried to like this hotel, I was of the impression of 'you get what you pay for'...

On arrival the hotel actually doesn't look too bad, nowhere near as bad as what I thought it would be, the reception staff aren't overly welcoming, it's all routine to them.

The room was a spacious room considering there were 2 twin beds and bunk beds. Bathroom was fine with a walk in shower but no bath. There are very limited plug sockets, the hot water takes around 2 minutes to start coming through properly. The balcony is sloped for some reason and quite small with 2 chairs and no table. The pool is tiny and really cold as there is hardly any sun on it all day, also be cautious of the tiled floor as it is extremely slippy when wet.

Location wise, it is around 15 mins walk from the beach and main strip of what is made up of mainly German eateries and bars. I would advise to get a taxi back as the hill is really steep and and a killer if you have a push chair.

The food we had was only breakfast which was your normal continental breakfast, mostly to cater to the German taste buds. Cant complain about it as it is what it is. We went out a few times to The Sportsman for a full English which was nice.

Don't expect to get much sleep here unless you have been hammering the beer all day as the walls are paper thin, you can hear other people moving furniture, laughing etc, we were above the bar and had the pleasure of the AI people singing their hearts content out everynight to Family Party Bangers Vol 2! Although I believe this is because there was no entertainment on at the hotel. There is a bunch of Cockrel's out front that decide to wake up around 5am and literally do not shut up until around 9am.

Credit to the maids who were very friendly and came everyday with fresh towels and made our beds ad tidied up etc.

On checkout we were just told 'bye bye' no thank you, how was your stay etc.

If you are not familiar with Arenal then I wouldn't recommend staying here or even in Arenal at all, maybe go up the coast to Can Pastilla or something like that.

You go on holiday to relax and de-stress, I came back from this one sleep deprived and going cuckoo!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2017

Below is listed the reasons NOT to stay here.
1. 20 pounds was stolen from someones security deposit box when i arrived.
2.2 The food is disgusting. who? in gods name batters then deep fries brussell sprouts, and broccoli from the day before. No fresh fruit at all. pudding every day is jelly, cake, melon or a blamange type slop.
3. No lights on balconies at night. pitch black if like me situated at the back.
4. apart from the young lady in the morning all receptuion staff are rude and interupt you when you speak.
5. the pool is out of the sun all day and is freeing.
6... VERY VERY WORRYING...I was 4 floors up and my balcony was at least 30 degrees out and sloping...
This place is way below budget. no shets changed in my week stay either. the list just goes on and on...

Room Tip: dobnt go here
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
2  Thank jayneyp111
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

I don't know what some people expect who write bad reviews but this is a 2* hotel!! It is clean, ornately furnished and the staff are efficient and courteous. All meals are on site and I found all the food fresh, delicious, varied options and plentiful. The pool was too cold for us but we enjoyed the afternoon sun. No entertainment but good radio station by pool. Wi-fi is extra but ok. There is a pay as you use computer and printer to print off boarding passes but it is €1 for only 10 mins so cost €2 to check in and print. NO facilities in the room but we bought a kettle and brought teabags. Bring a kettle! Things out here are way more expensive!! Also ask for the hypermarket or they will send you to the local Spar supermarket which is expensive!!
Hotel is lovely though. No views and a bit of noise from other residents but overall really good value for money!!
Note:- This is NOT an English hotel, it is NOT in England and does NOT do a fry-up for breakfast!! It does slices of meat and cheese, cereal, croisants, toast and jam, rolls, biscuits, cakes, fruit and yoghurts!!

1  Thank TracyMays
Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

We paid full board and arrived at 2.30am, therefore missed dbb as scheduled, therefore are entitled on day of departure to dbb, did not go down for breakfast, but an hour before our coach is due 2 pick us up we went for lunch and was embarressed and insulted infront ov other guests/friensd and refused! Afer questioning this at reception wewere then invited back for lunch but out of principle we refused. The food was like a childs school lunch anyway, bad value for money!