“Don't worry”
Review of Hotel Palma Mazas

Hotel Palma Mazas
Ranked #38 of 44 Hotels in El Arenal
Reviewed October 27, 2012

After reading all the reviews on here I was really worried about going to this hotel,however the room was clean and they do change the sheets although not every day but do you at home? We used this hotel as a base from which to go and sight see and the local buses were very cheap and ran every half hour. Yes the breakfast was a bit of a let down but it is only 2 stars and I wouldn't go all inclusive but why would you want to and not see the local area? The aquarium is really close and good value for money and there is a local pizza restaurant called coyote that is so cheap and friendly with fresh food,all in all if you are going to stay in your hotel all week why go on holiday. This was a good little place to spend a nice week in Mallorca.

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank stellamja

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is an awfull place,disgusting food,mouldy bread roll baskets,filthy rooms.Our bed clothes were never changed and so old and dingy.We were told our transfer to the airport was 09.55 i checked twice.only to be woken by a phone call at 07.30 with some woman screaming your coach hury hurry.Never go here you may not get out with your sanity.The only good side was the laughs we had with John and Emily from Middlesbourough and Euan and Sandra from Glasgow.A dump trust me on that.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank christopher d
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I just wanted to say, that when I booked this hotel I did so without checking the reviews on trip advisor first! Once booked I looked, oh dear the reviews were awful!... Stating that the food was unedable the rooms smelly, staff unfriendly, you get the picture!..... Therefore I set off on my holiday with a heavy heart and low expectations. Well how wrong could those earlier reviews have been!.... We did have a problem with the first two rooms, however the staff were most helpful and even gave us a superior room at no extra cost!... The food was lovely, fresh and healthy, all be it not a lot of variation. The all Inculsive was great value the bar and pool were great and the drinks were named. What more could you ask, espacailly as we paid under £200 for the week, Wow this is the best value hotel I have ever had the good fortune to stay!.... Well done to all the staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank suebobEssexEngland
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Well, we got this holiday really cheap for two weeks and seeing as it was my first abroad for 26 years, I was just happy to be going somewhere warm! I had a look on here a week before we went and I was so worried after reading the reviews! The Hotel was really not as bad as people make out! The room was basic but clean, a bit noisy in the mornings if you want a lie in but thats part and parcel of being in a hotel. The bar staff were lovely and so were the people on Reception apart from one of the older women! All sorts of Nationalities staying there and the Restaurant did tend to cater more for foreign tastes, but who wants to eat Fry Ups and fish and Chips for 2 weeks? The food was edible and perhaps not to everyones taste, but it was certainly not pigs swill! Had a lovely time and would go back for a cheap break!

Room Tip: Try to get a front facing room as there tends to be a problem with ants at the back
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Louise S
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Well,what can I say,just got back today,after spending a week there,we knew it was a bit poor
After reading reviews,and for the low budget I did not expect much,but what you got was really not even 1 star. I would not feed my dog some of the food,room was rank,beds rotten and about 10 years old,ants everywhere,toilet that did not flush,shower that leaked water all over the floor,French doors that locked when they felt like it,the tv in the room kept giving me little shocks every time I touched it,the staff where arrogant and rude,unless you where German,then they loved them,all you could do was go out to escape throughout the day,and get blind drunk at night
To shut out the noise of Germans shouting all night,I know it is what it is but if I had known it was that bad I would have gone elsewhere,so Please do yourselves a favour and stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Simon B
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Just come back to day and will never go again ever.
Ok was cheap holiday but even taking that into account still never again.
Had read up on here before we went and thought o no,but when got there down stairs was fine nothing to complain about,had to wait half a hour for our room key but was not given bands so we could get a drink just told to wait in lounge, (traveling from3 am this was 12 lunch time)so get key go up to room twin 409 no tv fair enough no phone ok fair enough again mattresses on beds would go to the tip so thin,seams all split, we have not had 1 goods night sleep all week.door on to balcony opens by its self, plaster down door all cracked to the point you could see day light coming in. Out look from balcony was woods where it looked like mattress have been tipped as well as more rubbish.
Food was not to bad I have not gone hungry but Daughter(18) all she has eaten is lettice and melon,she gave up on breafast day 2, cereal,cold meat and bread buns and toast coffee machine there and juice,Lunch soup every day salad then mains, dinner more or less the same stayed in hotels that dont cater for english before but got to say this has to of been the worse,only fresh fruit was melon every day.
They have alot of teens staying in hotel school trips etc well teens are teens i guess but at 2 in the morning wanted to kill them.If you like a good drink there seams to be alot out there that do and take it abit to far which ofcourse upsets bar staff(11.30 am till 11pm) not good not everyone there like that mind but enough.
The toilets down stairs are still smelling and one out of order we just kept going to room.
Could go on and on top and bottom just dont go.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Alison S
Reviewed October 13, 2012

went on a short break should have been in sister hotel but arrived to find notice on door closed go to mazas .
not a lot to say about this hotel i would have been cross had i paid more ,the food was bad we ate out after first night breakfast was worse bread you could,nt eat coffee you could,nt drink,i felt sorry for people on all inc. with children not much for kids at all.we just went on half board.
we did find plenty of good places to eat and the weather was great so not all bad.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
#11 of 44 in El Arenal
azuLine Hotel Bahamas
azuLine Hotel Bahamas
#5 of 44 in El Arenal

Been to Hotel Palma Mazas? Share your experiences!