The hotel does definitely not look anything like the pictures, in fact it couldn't be more different!
In reality the Hotel is very tired looking and very very dated. Most areas require maintenance/deep cleaning (tiling around pool area/lift/lighting).
POOL & AREA - Crowded with old sunbeds, making the pool look even smaller than it is. Broken floor tiles which break all Health and Safety regulations.
BAR AND SEATING AREA - The outside section was fine, lots of tables and chairs meaning room for all. Inside it was full of dated cushioned chairs, and not the standard expected of a 4*, they were dirty and in need of a clean or the recommend option of being thrown out and replaced with modern, comfortable ones!
FOOD AND DRINK - Food was acceptable, choices could have been more varied with a bit mor falvour! Drinks were good and spirit measures were great! Snacks available all day (rolls,crisps, nuts etc)
STAFF - Could be friendlier, they don't speak or acknowledge you unless you approach them for something.
ENTERTAINMENT - Or should I say what entertainment?! Animation team were uninterested and did nothing to entertain the 'crowd', they barely acknowledged anyone. Bingo bingo bingo 4 nights in a row and a snake show with a lady clearly high on drugs full of cheap gags is not what is expected from a 4* hotel. Also her version of 'entertainment' was to go for people scared of snakes just to get laughs at their expense.A Robbie Williams concert video was played on the projector screen... bearing in mind the majority of guests were all over 60! No decent entertainment during the day ....overall very very boring ! Even the oldies looked bored. When the weather is not so great towards the end of season they definitely need to arrange some entertainments, possibly movies playing.
Animation team left on Friday night despite guests staying over the weekend/Monday - not that it would have made any difference as they barely spoke to anyone.
SUMMARY - Do NOT bother unless you are over 50, and even they could find somewhere better! The whole hotel needs an overall and bringing into 2012. A deep deep clean needed throughout with major maintenance. I would not stay here again nor would I recommend it to. anyone.
1) You are unable to call reception from the bedrooms
2) No 'manual' in room with hotel/local information or just restaurant times etc
3) Cleaner had day off on one day, towels available from reception ! Unacceptable!
4) TV had 2 news channels and 2 other channels in German/french (I think!). Plus it was an old 14" tv, again below a 4* standard. if your clientele are mainly British why not have British channels or even just music channels.. something/anything to alleviate the boredom of the rest of the hotel
5) No TV's in bar area
6) Shuttle bus needs to run more frequently. If you go at 10/11am then you are stuck in the location until the return shuttle at 4/5pm -unless you pay for a taxi back!
7) Pool too cold in October
8) Beds are very hard
9) Lighting in bathrooms very very poor
10) Beach towels available only with deposit.
11) Iron available on request with €20 deposit - don't bother its rubbish
12) Only 1 lift working, and that wasn't the safest !
13) AC doesnt work, apparently I read it gets switched off in September!!
I could go on and on about the negatives! As they say 'if it sounds like too good of a deal then it probably is'. It was a very cheap Groupon deal and lets say we learnt our lesson the hard way!
It is definitely worth paying extra for luxury and being closer to the city/town/beaches/nightlife.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The OLA Hotel Maioris is located in a wooded residential area, on the south-east coast of Majorca, right in the Puig den Ros development and features restaurants, bars, shops, supermarkets, hairdressing salon, etc.The complex is spread over three buildings, each with two lifts and issurrounded by magnificent gardens.There is a little rocky cove 900 m away. El Arenal, with its beache and vibrant night life is only a few kilometres away, and can be reached by using the hotel’s own transport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your OLA Hotel Maioris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ola Club Maioris Hotel El Arenal
- Ola Hotel Maioris Majorca
- Ola Hotel El Arenal
- Ola Maioris Club
- OLA Hotel Maioris El Arenal, Majorca