“Believe the hype - this place is AMAZING!!!”

Restaurante Bar Andaluz
Ranked #2 of 69 Restaurants in El Arenal
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

So the wife and I wanted to come here after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, and especially to try the gambas al ajillo (prawns with garlic, without the heads on). After going to a few other bars, we managed to get in. Even on a Wednesday evening, off-season, the place was absolutely packed out! We managed to squeeze onto two bar stools and ate at the bar!

So the experience? Loud. Boisterous. Passionate. Spanish! This is the real deal. If you want a small romantic restaurant where you can gaze into your loved one's eyes whilst you're serenaded by soft music, this isn't for you.

So th food. We had gambas al ajillo, bread with aioli, albondigas, and a recommendation from a local guy (Angel, if you read this, thank you!) to try taco de solomillo con foie (basically fillet steak with foie gras). Washed down with a glass of red, this was absolutely stunning. We also had a jug of sangria to wash it all down. All of this came to 44 euros, which, given what we had, should have cost much more. At the end of the meal, the owner (I think!) gave us a bottle of aniseed liquor, and a couple of bite-sized pieces of dessert to end an amazing meal. Will we back before the end of our stay? You bet!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

Lovely place, I wasn’t overly hungry so just ordered three half size tapas dishes which all turned out to be quite large. Great quality, especially enjoyed the goats cheese and caramelised onion. Staff friendly and helpful, will go back if I have time.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

I really don't understand the rating of this restaurant. There is nothing special about the food here! Not that inspired when I saw the menu (lots of choices, but nothing enticing), I chose chicken croquetes, baked bell pepper and Spanish omelette. Not sure if anything of this was home made. It all tasted like something you would get from a supermarket. Very disappointed! My companion was a bit more satisfied with his seafood choices, but agreed to the fact that there were no flavours our spices that made it a great experience. Don't line up for a meal here! Luckily, I didn't.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

A fantastic place, with a very wide range of tapas to choose from. The food tasted great, and the staff were amazing. Although very busy, I was still seated well, and the staff helped me choose my food. In fact they went above and beyond when my bag broke and one of the waiters helped me with a quick fix, saving the night for me. Definitely do recommend!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

We have been there 2 times in 4 days. Food was excellent, wine tasty, service despite being very busy is really amazing. We forgot some stuff on the table and a member of the service team chased us for 200 m to tell we left something there. Really amazing and attentive.

Date of visit: August 2018