“Best food we had in mallorca”

Restaurante Bar Andaluz
Ranked #2 of 63 Restaurants in El Arenal
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Found this place after reading about it on tripadvisor, in a slightly ropey looking street just back from the beach front. Went in and were instantly welcomed. It is small but feels like the authentic Spanish experience we had looked for all week in s'arenal without success. But the visit here was everything we had been looking for. The food was sensational, we were made to feel welcome and well looked after from the start, and can highly recommended the chicken wings, and the surprise cake and complimentary drinks that arrive with the bill! Will be returning for more. Very reasonably priced, and the kind of place you could happily spend time relaxing without the rush of some of the more well trodden mainstream establishments alongside the beach. Charming.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

It is a family business with a great atmosphere and amazing spanish food! You can experiment a large range of traditional tapas, local beer, sangria and so on.

The prices are average and you get large portions.

All the people working there are really nice and even though the place was completely packed when we were there, they were always nice and you felt really included.

You also get a complementery piece of cake and a local liquer at the end of the meal.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Having read about this restaurant on Trip Advisor we thought we would give it a go. Got there on a Monday however it was closed. Went back on the Thursday and really enjoyed the atmosphere. They are busy yet very attentive to your needs. I had my granddaughter with me and the waiter recommended that I split my main meal with her, bringing her portion out with our starters. We had Boquerones en vinagre (anchovies in vinegar) which were lush, pan con alioli (bread with alioli, which is freshly made mayonnaise with lashings of garlic) for starters and a green salad (mixed salad without egg and cheese, simply lettuce, cucumber, tomato and onion). For the main we had Lasagne (pasta is home made) and I shared Macaroni Bolognese with my granddaughter. I asked for a glass of red wine and the whole bottle was left on the table, so I could help myself to the cheap but very nice house wine.

All in all a lovely evening out, would recommend it!

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Im a regular at this est. its not posh or fosh...its just great tapas with a friendly attentive staff. price is what youd expect for quality gastronomy. bread and alli oli come without request. try the Navajas - razor shells.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We emailed ahead to check it would be open when we arrived and got a speedy reply confirming that it is open Sunday closed monday.unfortunately it was colder and wetter than expected so we headed straight to the restaurant. It was fairly quiet , lovely family run service, great food,very relaxing .obviously well liked by locals.nice touch of free liqueur at end.