“Warm welcome.”

Pasko's Balkan Grill
Ranked #6 of 265 Restaurants in Roses
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Pasko's Balkan Grill... a taste of the Mediterranean. A family run restaurant in Roses, Costa Brava, Spain, specialising in the Mediterranean and Balkan cuisines.
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My husband and I went to Pasko's on a cold December evening, after traveling all day. We had not eaten since breakfast, and were delighted that the restaurant was open early, unlike so many places in Spain. Inside, everything was warm and welcoming, both the temperature and the reception. The waiter was very friendly and helpful. Soon after we arrived, Pasko and Marija and their daughter came in for their own dinner, and made us feel even more welcome. They were also very helpful with our menu selections. As others have pointed out, be sure to ask about what might be special that evening, but not on the printed menu. Pasko and his crew are extremely accommodating. I had the pork ribs, and they were delicious, but next time I am going to write ahead of time and order roast goat, which Pasko promised to cook up himself. And be sure to check out the little gourmet store in the room next to the restaurant -- there are some yummy things there that you might not be able to pick up elsewhere in Spain (we bought a jar of mint sauce). Thank you, Pasko and Marija for making our stay in Roses such a pleasant one. See you next time.

1  Thank deirdre b
miodragpasko, Owner at Pasko's Balkan Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear deirdre b,

Thank for taking time to write your review! We are absolutely delighted that you've enjoyed your visit to Pasko's and we certainly remember the night we 'spent together'. It was an absolute pleasure discussing with you your experience of history and food of other "exotic" countries you visited, and yes, please let me know the next time you visit Roses so that we can, perhaps enjoy the roast goat together.

M Pasko.

There are newer reviews for Pasko's Balkan Grill

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Lovely restaurant !!! If you like high quality food you will love it ! Nice atmosphere , excellent customer service , delicious Mediterranian and traditional Balkan kitchen . Every time when I go to Spain I visit this restaurant with pleasure .

1  Thank yordan i
miodragpasko, Owner at Pasko's Balkan Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Hello yordan i,

We are delighted that you have joined a large group of Pasko's Balkan Grill admirers. Even more so that you have some good memories from your visits to Spain. We can't wait to be of your service again and perhaps also meet you. We would like to personally discuss your experiences with you.

Thanks

M Pasko

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Friendly staff and great food can't wait to go back and thinking of booking christmas dinner this year

1  Thank Emma l Tucker

Hello Emma Tucker,

Thank you for your review and regular visits to our restaurants. We are delighted that you enjoy Pasko's food, service and the ambient. see you soon.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

We have lived in the Roses area over seven years now and have known Pasko and Marija since they opened the restaurant at Mas Fumats. The thing that struck me from the very beginning was the sincerity behind each and every welcome you receive when you arrive. this doesn't end when you have paid for your fare either with Pasko breaking out some potent rocket fuel on most occasions to see you on your merry (and I mean merry) way. This genuinely warm welcome is the main reason that whenever we have a group of friends or client-friends staying with us for either pleasure or a dive vacation, I always recommend they earmark one evening for a night at the world class restaurant that is Pasko's. The fact that they supply the best Argentinian Steak in Catalunya along with so many other first class dishes is almost incidental. You can be very sure of a memorable evening at Pasko's and if for some bizarre reason you don't you can rest assured Pasko himself will want to know why!

1  Thank Ian_Kenyon

Hello Ian_Kenyon,

Thank you for your review of Pasko’s Restaurant and for very kind and sincere feedback. We base our business on Customer Service, mainly due to the reason that it is quite hard these days to find an establishment that provide legendary service. We strongly believe that this together with quality product and right prices is a key for a successful business.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again before the end of the year!

M Pasko

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I live in Roses and have been to Pasko's a couple of times. It is an OK, very normal, balkan food getaway that should certainly not be anywhere near the top of the Restaurant list of Roses or of any other place. And while I fully understand that Pasko and his staff are proud of sitting on top of that list, I think that somebody should warn them too, because as they can easily read in the 'negative' evaluations, it does create expectations that neither the atmosphere nor the kitchen deliver. Also, so many 'top' evaluations for such a 'normal' place do create the impression that the owner is better writing his own evaluations on the computer with different identities, than doing the job which s/he is supposed to be doing.

2  Thank ThomasSpieker
miodragpasko, Owner at Pasko's Balkan Grill, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Hello ThomasSpieker,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Pasko’s Balkan Grill restaurant!

We are delighted that you took the time to visit our restaurant and we trust you had the opportunity to enjoy our renowned Balkan Cuisine and its “value for money”. We are also very honoured that you have chosen Pasko’s for your first and only Tripadvisor restaurant review in Roses, especially as you have lived in here such a long time and are extremely knowledgeable of this area.

We very much value constructive feedback from all our customers and are very disappointed that you have not taken this opportunity to help our business by saying anything constructive to help us build on our positives and work on our negatives.

As a member of Tripadvisor you are no doubt aware that all Tripadvisor reviews are the subjective opinions of TripAdvisor members and not of Tripadvisor itself, and we naturally respect your opinions. It is also very important to understand that Tripadvisor is a portal for the “genuine” experiences of travellers from all around the world; it is not a website for food/gourmet reviews conducted by worldwide food connoisseurs and professional restaurant critics for magazines. Reviews on Tripadvisor are the genuine feedback of the experience gained during an individual’s visit to a hotel, attraction or a restaurant.

The reviewers leaving their restaurant reviews on this site are generally “normal” people looking for a value for money food and experience with that something extra! It is fair to say that some restaurants in Roses do not offer that extra factor and some do! From my own experience as a restaurant owner, I can tell you that a normal “middle of the road” customer is normally looking for QUALITY food made from fresh ingredients, paying a reasonable PRICE for it, receiving a positively memorable SERVICE whilst enjoying their meal in a CLEAN and comfortable environment. Any restaurant that manages to achieve all, or most of the above four factors would and should be in the top 10 Tripadvisor Roses Restaurants guide.

My staff and I are not just proud that we are sitting at the top of that list on Tripadvisor, but also very proud of the hard work we are putting in (16 hours a day most days of the year), we are also achieving all the above mentioned business factors which has firmly kept us in that position in the listing for the last 5 years!

MrThomasSpieker, it does not concern me that you have rated our restaurant with 3 stars. Thank you very much for the reasonable rating. What really concerns me and upsets my workers and me is the fact that you are openly accusing us of fabricating and writing our own reviews??? How dare you Mr ThomasSpieker? How dare you openly state that I as an owner fabricate and write my own reviews?!? And don’t you think that a big internet company such as Tripadvisor doesn’t have various checks in place to stop exactly those behaviours that you are referring to? Don’t you think that Tripadvisor doesn’t scrutinise all suspicious reviews all the time? Do you really think that I have written the best part of 200 reviews myself??? There are reviews from all over the world Mr ThomasSpeaker. Moreover, each reviewer has generally left numerous reviews. That’s an awful lot of work MrThomasSpieker, even for someone that is not running two restaurants.

And at the end I would like to point out that Pasko’s is indeed a “such a normal place” (as you have named us) and it is precisely this that draws our customers! Mr ThomasSpiekers, not everyone enjoys, let alone can afford, a restaurant that serves small pieces of manufactured foam, covered with lobster sauce, served with three oyster leaves and a drawing on the plate. As you are aware, we are currently going through the biggest recession in the history of the world’s economy and most customers are constantly looking for restaurants serving quality meat and fish simply prepared and served with a smile; and without needing to take out a mortgage to pay for it.

This is what they get at Pasko’s Balkan Grill; this is why they keep leaving positive reviews, and this is why they keep coming back to us.

M Pasko, the owner of Pasko’s Balkan Grill