“Fantastic good as ever”
Review of SENTIDO Don Pedro

SENTIDO Don Pedro
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This was our 3rd time at the hotel and we loved every minute of it the food was exception the entertainment was a little noisy but enjoyed it the weather was lovely the staff do an excellent job they work very hard the hotel is spotlessly clean the atmosphere is great with all guest all friendly getting on together can't wait to return again next year well done don pedro x

Room Tip: All rooms are good but sea view rooms are breathtaking x
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thewannabes
Write a ReviewReviews (1,784)

Reviewed October 10, 2012

It seems such a shame that what is a lovely hotel in a wonderful situation with splendid views has been thoroughly spoiled by employing loud juvenile holiday camp-type reps and noisy music that permeated through all floors of the building - it completely spoiled our stay. We had booked and paid for two weeks but found alternative accommodation for our second week as we could not stand another week. The staff were excellent and the food passable. The bedrooms were fine but areas of the building had a foul pervading smell of cigarettes. We thought that for an "all inclusive" hotel a charge of fifty euros for the use of the room safe was a bit steep. I can't stress enough how terrible we found the noisy 'entertainment'.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a sea view room
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank JandCSymondsYat
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I've just came home from a week at the Don Pedro hotel. As a solo traveller I was a bit wary. First I was given a room in the 3rd floor of the annex. I found this unacceptable as I have got angina and knee problems. After struggling with my case up a lot of stairs, I was knackered. I just dumped the case and went back to reception. The girl changed my room straight away and got help to bring my cases to my new room. The room was a sinle without a balcony but it was very clean and comfortable. The staff are very helpful if you ask. The food quality was very good with choices for everyone. The bar service was quick, even if there was a queue. The entertainments team worked very hard and were available all day. The live shows were very good. The location of this hotel is very good the views are stunning. I fished every day and only had to walk a few yards from the sun terrace to do so. This is one of most friendliest hotels I have visited and as a single traveller, I was not shunned but welcomed. Most of the guests called me by my first name even though I forgot most of theirs. One strange but nice thing is the mountain goats that visit the hotel in the morning and evening, the oldest one waits to be fed . This was the first holiday on my own since my wife passed I know that she approved of my choice. I will be back.

Room Tip: Try and avoid the annex, too many stairs and no lift
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank martygee
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Me, my partner and our 1 year old son Charlie have just returned from a week in the Don pedro, I am so sad to be home we had a wonderful time there and although this is our second time there as a family it's my 6th time as i used go with my parents and i never get bored of the place. We've met some wonderful people this year very friendly and talkative. I must admit although the entertainers are brilliant the entertainment is abit boring for a young couple of our age and the hotel is starting to show its age more and more, and i have noticed that each year we go there does seem to be more cut backs on the little things such as lighting on a evening.

But how can i crib this when the location is so beautiful and relaxing and the staff are so friendly and welcoming, It's the staff and the people that have made this year so brilliant and for anyone that reads this and was there between 30 sep and 7 oct Thankyou very much. I have also read the reviews from people who are bitter about the place and the people that come here, at the end of the day its each to there own and don't knock the people who like it everyones different and thats what makes it such a friendly bunch! hopefully we will go back next year and i can't wait it couldn't come any sooner i would gladdly recommend this to families but maybe not young couples if your into a lively night life, Weather was brilliant aswell :) Happy days

Room Tip: we had the pool view it's not bad and i think it's a little more quieter than the sea view b...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jamie2390
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed at the hotel on a short 4 day break and like some of the other reviews Iwish we were there longer.
It is in a fantastic location, right on the beach, so you can step of the terrace and into the lovely warm sea.
hotel is a little dated but spotlessly clean everywhere, especially in the resturant where the lovely staff were always at hand to clear away the emptys and replenish the food which was of very high standard for A/I. Proper glassware to drink from, not plastic unless you are around the pool.

I would say that it's not really good for young children or people with mobility issues, as it it on multi levels with lots of steps and being so close to the sea and deepish water with big rocks, it would be a nightmare for young kids.
That said, if you want a restfull holiday with perhaps older more mature guests in a fantastic location then this is the place. nothing to do but chill and enjoy the stunning views. Oh and say hi to the local wild goats who pop down for a snack around the sunbeds most days.

Room Tip: We were in an anex next to the main building so can't comment on main hotel rooms but our room 1...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank badgerman1309
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Arrived at this hotel with an open mind, after reading many mixed reviews. We arrived on Tuesday 25/9/12 for just a week. We wished we had booked two weeks, we enjoyed a fantastic, fun week. The food was good with a great selection, snacks through out the day were also nice, with coffee etc on until midnight. The entertainment was pretty good, and the entertainment team worked hard. Other holidaymakers were very friendly and chatty. The hotel was very clean, the rooms spotless, staff pleasant. We have never been so relaxed or chilled out. We will be booking for next year, as we enjoyed ourselves so much. Well done hotel "Don Pedro" and staff.

Room Tip: We took the room allocated on arrival which had a lovely sea view and was pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kwilliams1961
Reviewed October 5, 2012

my friend and myself have just returned from a week in the don pedro we were there sept 18th-sept 25th and it is our 13th year going there.The hotel food and staff were just as excellent and we again had a lovely sea view room .The oly complaint this year is we had new entertainment staff and they were rubbish,not only did the entertainment leader acted silly most of the time the rest of the staff thought they were at a 18-30's hotel as they played their modern music loud and would not turn it down when requested.apart from them the holiday was great and we will return next year and hope they are not there again
B hollis

Room Tip: always ask for a sea view room when arriving at the hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
#5 of 8 in Cala San Vincente
La Moraleja Hotel
La Moraleja Hotel
#6 of 8 in Cala San Vincente

Been to SENTIDO Don Pedro? Share your experiences!