“Cheap n Cheerful!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fustes
leeds
“Cheap n Cheerful!”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Just returned from 2 weeks on the ai basis at the Horizonte. well for what we paid thats what we got a 2 week break in the sun! ok the food was not so clever so we ate out (our choice) not much to do but thats why we went - to chill out. Met some really nice people and had a laugh with the staff. Antonio at reception is fantastic. People complained that you had to ring the bell at the bar to get served - we served ourself! free bar!! We read the reviews and were a bit dubious but we enjoyed our stay. We just got on with it as I said we met some lovely people and if your reading this you know who you are.

Room Tip: 127 gets sun all day long
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Polish first
Reviewed March 15, 2012

So yeah, the food wasn't great but it filled a hole. They ran out of booze, but that's because there were gluttonous Brits abroad taking advantage of the bar. My boyfriend and I had a great time, it was a good base for exploring or just chilling out if that's what you are looking for. The hotel had a family vibe, and it was clear by the skeleton staff they had that they were also affected by Spain's economic crisis. Unsurprising really. My boy and I walked to the town quite often on an evening and you can get a three course meal for 9 euros. It was pretty good, if anything the food at the hotel set us up for the day to mission off around the island. Breakfast was good, cappuccinos really good! Really if your looking for a cheapie hol, and aren't too bothered about the food and drink get yourself there! We were both pretty fond of the place when we left, happy to get some sun and experience a different place. If you want amazing cocktails, food all day and fantastic service then I recommend paying a bit more for your holiday! I just wish all the horrendous moaning Brits we met realised this website existed before they whined on about the hotel when they were there. They were the problem with the place, if you pay peanuts and all that! The concierge is great and will sort out your EVERY need, and the staff are really nice when they realise you are not going to give them loads of grief about things that are out of their control! Have a lovely time, we did. Sun bed, book, beer. All there!!!!!!!! X

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Bonnieplummer
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Having just spent a week at Aparthotel Horizote Bay I feel I must forewarn anyone who is thinking of going to this excuse that calls its self an All Inclusive Holiday Venue. If you don’t mind Fasting for the duration of your holiday this is the place for you. The food if you can call it food is absolutely disgusting (pork chops or meat balls, chips, rice, lettuce, tomato, cucumber or corn. Pineapple in jelly, apricots and a baked apple monstrosity. Breakfast was bacon, boiled egg fried if you were lucky, haricot homemade beans and sausage all tasteless). The wine for every meal was the same and was of the White variety (Water)and the rolls were rock hard if you were lucky you got butter but if you didn’t I wouldn’t bother to ask for any as nobody is interested (the butter comes on a plate and when it’s gone it’s gone). Drinks in the pool bar and bar in the evening are once again when it’s gone it’s gone, that’s if there is any in the first place. While I was there guests were chipping in to get drinks from the supermarket or brining their own. The pool bar did hamburgers or hotdogs which was another joke, I watched the hotdogs being made this was beyond belief, the end of the roll was cut off and then the son of the owner who ran the pool bar in the evening when he felt like being there inserted two bare fingers into the roll end and inserted two hotdog sausages in. This was the person who all morning/afternoon had been running to and fro from his room because his girlfriend was there, needless to say I informed the people around the pool which didn’t take long as not many people were there. The pool was also disgusting; no filters were switched on so the water was still with flies and rubbish floating about.
The room wasn’t too bad just the shower had no pressure. The bed wasn’t changed all week however on the last day before we left we were left clean bedding (not sure it was left for us or the next unfortunate people, I have no idea).
The complex is run by two brothers an eighteen year old who runs the bars and the other brother who is in the office who if you complain to just shrugs his shoulders and laughs like it is a big joke to him. This complex needs closing down it is a total disgrace that people paid good money for an all-inclusive holiday and are treated in the way that this so called establishment treats them. This complex is part of the HCT Group.
One more con to mention is that on booking I was informed that for an extra £50 I would have a room with a balcony and pool view, so when I arrived was amazed to see that all rooms had a balcony and pool view there were no rooms that didn’t have this.

Room Tip: Choose different hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard M

Travelers are raving about these Fustes hotels

Walsall, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2012

After reading the reviews about horizonte bay me and my mom was a little bit worried about going to this hotel but there was no need to worry. Yes there isn't much around and the food is basic but we never went without and always found something nice to eat and if there was something extra you would want for food you would only have to ask sal he couldnt do enough for you (i.e breakfast is FANTASTIC!!).
The hotel we couldnt fault it was really clean there was a security guard on all night who was lovely to talk to and he cleaned the pool every morning without fail. Yes the pool was freezing but it didnt stop me getting chucked in a couple of times by the best entertainment staff we have met Jony and the managers son alejandro they was amazing and really made our holiday. Jony does feel like part of the family now and i know we will keep in touch i have met a very good friend.
We met a few nice couples who also made our holiday and they agreed they had enjoyed there holiday and couldnt really complain we all just made the most of it.
Overall it was and amazing holiday and we are hoping to book up may for another week at horizonte bay.

Room Tip: If you want a sun trap room all day go for rooms 220 to 240 top block
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Charlotte H
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Having read some of the recent reviews on here, I felt that i must also put my point of view across. I stayed at Horizonte Bay 17-24th December
Some people just like to complain and I did inform a couple of people whilst on holiday that if they wanted 5* luxury, then they should have booked a 5* hotel, not a 2-3* apart-hotel!!!
Really.... what do you want for a couple of hundred pounds which includes flights, accommodation, (possibly food & drinks) & has sun in December!!!
I travelled alone, so initially was a little anxious about the holiday. However, my main aim was to get some sun on my bikini-clad body, relax, have a few drinks and have fun.... and that is exactly what I got! I did not go with the expectation of amazing accommodation and glorious food - This was 2-3* thus expected the accommodation to be ok & food to be edible. I am vegetarian and always found something to eat (even if it was chips & bread!). One lunch they had pizza, so I asked Sal if we could have it again, and sure enough, lunch time the following day had a margarita pizza!
The accommodation I found to be fine - yes it is a little dated and the woodwork could do with a lick of paint, but there was a sofa I could sit on, a bed I could sleep in & a bathroom I could shower in - Again I did not expect the standard of accommodation I got when I have stayed 5*, I have been 3* in Spain before and so the accommodation matched my lowered expectations!!! I did have clean sheets on the bed (yes they are probably from the 70's judging by the blue palm trees that adorn them - I did however appreciate them if only for their comedy value!) , my room was cleaned 3 or 4 times in the week I was there and I got clean towels 6 out of 7 days!!
The shower did go cold on me after about 15 minutes of having it on, but it worked fine and the pressure was ok - I did work out that if you turned the shower off when you did not necessarily need it on (ie when shaving legs/letting conditioner soak in hair) then it stayed hot for the whole time that I did need it (ie washing conditioner out of hair!). And no, this is not ideal; however could I live with it - yes! Is it a travesty - No! Did it ruin my holiday - NO!
I found all of the staff to be friendly and helpful - Any questions and reception answered them. Bar staff Oscar & Omar did what their job title states - served whatever drink you asked for, providing they had it. One night they ran out of red wine - no problem, I drank gin & tonic instead!!! I went to a 4/5* resort that didn't serve wine in the bar, so the fact that they did here was a bonus!!Sal & the lady & gent in the kitchen always provided a choice of food. On occasions it had been standing for a while, so things may have become a little crunchy - But again, what do you expect from food that has been sat on a hot plate?!? Yes, in an ideal world, smaller amounts cooked more frequently would ensure this doesn't happen, but they didn't do that - deal with it or don't go!!! Or if you timed it right, you would get your food when all of the fresh stuff came out!!!! :-D
Andreas the entertainment guy did a great job, encouraging you to get involved, but not being too overbearing or pushy. Always friendly and happy, nice to all guests (young & old), and even the grumpy sods who appear to go on holiday to do nothing but complain & moan!!!! He was out at 10am to get everyone involved in a game of shuffleboard, tennis or shooting for an hour or two, then back at 2pm for killer darts/shuffleboard/football-tennis/tennis, again for a couple of hours, and then back again at 9pm for quiz, killer darts, or an externally organised show!
I met some fantastic people on this holiday, some of whom I believe I will be friends with for a long time. The fact that I met these people certainly made my holiday more enjoyable; however I believe that I would of enjoyed myself anyway - I went on holiday to enjoy myself, not find fault with everything & moan!!!
As I said, I went with low expectations regarding accommodation & food, but higher expectations regarding fun & laughter - and I won on all accounts!!
My advice to anyone considering going to Horizonte Bay is be prepared to experience basic 2/3* Spanish accommodation and food, no more, no less!!! If you are looking for nice accommodation and food, then book an alternative hotel and pay the price (which let's be honest is about £800-1000 per person)!!! DO NOT expect to pay £250-300 per peson all inclusive for 1 week and get great accommodation & food - Get a grip, its 2012!!!! However, if you are looking for a cheap break for a week, where you expect the accommodation to be ok, the food to be edible but don't mind eating out a couple of evenings (which I didn't do), then book it! Just go with realistic expectations and an optimistic, positive outlook regarding your holiday.
If you are an individual who likes to moan, complain and is generally negative and pessimistic.... don't book and don't go!! The staff do not deserve your negativity.Paula :-D

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Paula H
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2012

i arrived at the so called hotel on 18/02/2012 with high expectations but soon i was to find out i had entered the hotel from hell, on arrival i took my luggage to my room and went to the bar and asked for a white wine and the reply was "no wine" so i asked why and was told they stopped selling it lol, so i asked what drinks they had and the boy said vodka gin beer or rum so i had a vodka the net night they ran out of vodka and the third night ran out out of beerthe food was pork pork and more pork it was the worst all inclusive holiday i have had to endure and i will never entertain this hotel again.

Room Tip: stay away dont bother
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2012

hi again, just back from this "hotel",the second time in as many months,i only went back because it was so peaceful the first time,but its went downhill since then..and its a pity,,as its being run into the ground,the only good points were the lovely people i met,hi everyone xx too many to mention but we will stay in touch(the fife crew especially):) ,and the weather,which was wonderfull,This little complex could be a diamond in the right hands,it just needs some T.L.C.and some refurbishment. by all means go with an open mind,just dont expect too much.;;or pay too much.and dont be in a rush for food, drinks ,.or entertainment,

Room Tip: all rooms face the pool ,
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fustes
Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa
Fuerteventura Beach Club
Fuerteventura Beach Club
#17 of 23 in Caleta de Fuste
Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort

Been to Aparthotel Horizonte Bay? Share your experiences!