Just back from a two week stay at this aging hotel and can confirm that it meets most of the requirements for a 4 star rating. The food is worthy of 5 stars, we both found the beds to be very comfortable, and we didn’t meet any unsatisfied customers.
However, I think most people are looking for two things in a review - reassurance if they have already booked, and warnings if they have not. So here are the things we wish we had known before we booked:
(1) Thomas Cook have decided only to supply a Rep and local office at Calla Millor for their German customers, the British are just given the telephone number of a company called ‘Connected Service’ who employ a couple of girls in an office situated in a remote part of Alcudia. The girls have been trained to sort out hotel problems by contacting the reception on your behalf and fob-off all other complaints such as problems associated with airport transfer etc by telephone.
(2) The reception try to allocate as many mountain facing rooms (see picture) as they can because most people would prefer the fantastic views on the other side of the hotel, many of which have been sold as apartments (see them for sale for 150000 euros in the estate agents window across the road). These rooms are taken up by the regulars who are mostly German who insist on the wonderful view and we were advised by a receptionist that the only method of guaranteeing one of these is to stipulate when booking direct with them at least 6 months in advance.
(3) The 2 queues for having a chef to grill the fresh fish and meat whilst you wait say it all. The shorter queue is for Maria who ruins everything she cooks and drizzles garlic sauce all over everything she can. The longer queue is for the male chef on the other side who actually listens to what is being requested – well done / rare, sauce? etc.
(4) The sewage smell in reception area and occasionally in the corridors near the lift is probably due to the age of the building. This only occurs at certain times of the day when the reception are not so busy.
(5) The attitude of all the reception staff except one was completely different depending on which nationality they were dealing with and it was most noticeable during the lengthy waits to get served. This is caused by ignorant people from countries who do not like to queue like us brits.
(6) Room cleaning was only just acceptable and my wife needed to clean the toilet herself after a few days as it started to smell. The balcony was never touched with a mop or cleaning cloth during the entire two weeks we stayed there.
(7) Evening entertainment was provided about 3 times a week and was quite poor. The only two we liked were the girl violinist and a couple of lads known as ‘El Duo’.
Now for the good stuff, Gardens were lovely, the sunbeds on the peaceful atmosphere of the private beach are more comfortable and worth 4 euros each for the day. However, you may need to go down early to get one of the few straw umbrellas.
The bike hire is also good value because they are charged for by the hour and only cost a maximum of 12 euros for the day each. Mostly flat and on cycle tracks off the road towards Calla Bona.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eurotel Punta Rotja Thalasso-Spa & Golf, offers impressive ocean views from its setting on Costa de los Pinos bay & beach. It has everything for relaxing and enjoyable holiday.Pretty gardens lead down to the sea .Extensive sea lido with access for swimming. Marina. Lovely lagoon style linked swimming pool , Indoor pool and gym. Four tennis court with resident Pro for tuition and coaching, putting green. The Seawater Spa (Thalassotherapy Center) has an indoor pool, fusion showers, Turkish baths and saunas. Treatments include hydrotherapy, algotherapy and massage. There are several golf courses in the area, including a18- holes Son Servera , just 500 metres away.There is also a lounge bar and a poolside snack bar. Dining room, with sea and garden views ,offering fantastic buffet selection of Mediterranean and International cuisine for breakfast and dinner. Alternative à la carte “La Cabaña Restaurant” by the sea. Each of the Punta Rotja’s air-conditioned spacious rooms is brightly decorated and has a balcony. All rooms have satellite TV and wired internet access. Costa de los Pinos features pretty coves and is surrounded by lush pine forests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hipotels Eurotel Punta Rotja & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hipotels Eurotel Punta Rotja Hotel Costa De Los Pinos
- Hipotels Eurotel Punta Rotja & Spa Costa De Los Pinos, Spain - Majorca