“Cant class this as a hotel, should be shut down!!!”

Paul Marie Apartments
Ranked #88 of 106 Hotels in Ayia Napa
“Cant class this as a hotel, should be shut down!!!”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

When we first arrived at Paul Marie we didnt think it looked that bad from the outside. We was in rooms 102 & 103. When entering the rooms we found pubic hair and dirt in and around the toilet and in the bed. The bed sheets were stained.
We spoke to the owners and he said they were no cleaners. We asked the rep to move us and he said he couldnt because the whole island was fully booked up. We took the rep to the rooms and he cleaned them himself.
It was full of 18-25 year olds and the rep had told us it was 50/50 between families and young people.
The young ones smoked in the pool and left their fag ends around the pool and were doing shots from 10 in the morning. They didnt care for people around them just themselves.
They would shout round the pool how many guys they had slept with the night before and asked boys if they wanted to play doctors and nurses. They would have parties till 3-4 and would leave bottles everywhere.

Overall this isnt a hotel for families!!!

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank rtce2584

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
halifax
Reviewed August 14, 2012

just got back from a week in paul marie, it was fab! its basic but the rooms are clean, we purchased air con for 63 euros for the week and couldnt have coped with out it!! The pool is small but its good for chilling and there is a pool bar with a very good atmosphere.

Its a livley hotel so wouldnt recomend for families but great for groups! Hotel staff are friendly and its only 2 min from the strip and about 10 mins in a taxi to nissi beach (you must visity nissi beach its amazing!!)

They have happy hours on cocktails, the food is great and over all I think Paul marie was fab!!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2012

just came back from holiday with 5 girls, rooms are a decent size, staff are loverly, you get what you pay for, air works really well and is not to pricey, sheets are changed every day and clean towels. pool is a tad small but are plenty of others around to use. great for a young holiday

Cheshire
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Just come back from 7 days at the Paul Marie and to be honest it was fab. If you're looking for luxury and relaxation this is not the place for you. You get what you pay for and for 6 girls we couldn't have asked for more.
The rooms are a good size, they are cleaned but if the rooms are anything like ours (clothes and make up everywhere) then it would have been impossible to keep immaculate. But the maid was very friendly and provided us with fresh towels and bedding every day.
The staff there are great as well, we had problems with a group of lads and the owner of the hotel sorted the issue straight away for us. Craig who is the rep there is also fab, is always just a text away if you need any help. And I recommend the boat party he organises with olympic, on the fantasy boat, but 15euros cheaper and probably the best day we had!
Food is great, we lived off toasties and burgers for like 3.50 each, great value. So are the drinks, happy hours.. 2.50 a cocktail and the bar is 24hours downstairs.
And the location could not be faulted, literally a 5 minute walk from the strip!
But I would recommend buying air con, if you wanna sleep without waking up dripping in sweat it is a must!
All in all an amazing holiday, don't listen to the bad reviews and I would trade my left arm to be back in Napa!

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2012

After reading bad reviews about Paul Marie i was dreading what it would be like... to my surprise it was great! Don't know why there are bad reviews! The rooms are decent size, air con was 90 euros for 10 days which is decent! We did have a few ants on first da but we told maid and she put powder down and didnt have a problem again! The rooms do get cleaned... i seen on a previous review about dirt in the bath or something but it isn't its where waters has been left running and has made a stain but its not unclean!

The food is nice 4.50 for full english and drink and believe me it fills you up... they have happy hours for 4 hours twice through out the day cocktails are 2.50 but they are sooo strong!!... the pool could be bigger but its ideal for just chilling.... not like you go on holiday to do 100 lengths a day is it! Only advice i'd say is be careful when walking down the stairs from the pool they get quite slippy and i ended up falling!
The bars are literally 2 minutes away so very ideal location... like 8 euros to the beach etc...

all in all a great holiday, amazing value for money and i'd defo stay here again!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Megzevita
Holywell, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Despite what everyone else has said on here, I have to disagree. Studio apartment, great service, friendly people and really lovely food! All in all really enjoyed the Paul Marie and would stay there again! Really loved it! Thanks to all staff!

Room Tip: If you can get a Studio apartment great but be prepared for the 18:30 hotel next door and being woke...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Emma J
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2012

last year, I had an amazing holiday at a 5 star hotel in sharm el sheik. I spent that much because I knew I wanted luxury. For ayia napa, I booked the cheapest possible place to lay my paralytic head because I knew I'd spend a grand total of about 4 hours in the room...you've got to know your priorites before you book.
The hotel was run by amateurs but to rowdy teenagers, that's a plus - the last thing they want on their first holiday of freedom is snooty hotel staff being all hoity toity and telling them what to do. After check in, youre basically left to your own devices. The only thing they are hot on is external night guests - we got around this problem by shacking up with the lads in the room next to us which proved pretty convenient for everyone I think. Tailing off that point, you need to be in a group of at least 4 people to get any sort of value for money when you go out. Most of the deals in the clubs are aimed at groups of people and it works out about half the price of going it as a pair. If you havent gone as a group, just follow a couple of drunk people and see if you can convince them to be your friends until youve got at least 2 sambucas and half a fishbowl down your neck.
As for napa itself - ace. If I can say that after getting into a fight with a rather large man who through a slice of pizza at my head, and after getting all my effects robbed off a sunbed whilst skinnydipping (NB. Not a good plan), you know I mean it. Oh, and don't get a tattoo. after about 986 units too many, I decided in my infinite wisdom to get a tattoo of a man Id just seen on my derriere. One parlour offered to do it for about 3 times the price itd be in England - which was fine to me as i didnt know my own name at this point, but lucklily my pal dragged me away before i could commit. The second place we walked into had obviously just spelt a tattoo wrong on some poor girl. We knew this because we could hear her shouting, " you've spelt my tattoo wrong". We walked out after that.
The moral of the story is: travel on an empty transfer bus so you dont get the inbetweeners "first off coach" moment.
Don't take your clothes off on secluded beaches in the dark.
Dont get a tattoo when you've introduced yourself as Trevor Macdonald to several strangers throughout the evening.
Dont expect too much of the hotel. Pay peanuts you get monkeys capiche?

....And that man call Nigel that appoaches you on the street saying he can get you in every club for a tener. Listen to him. Then swiftly punch him in the face. He lies.
Enjoy!

Room Tip: a good room? pick another hotel!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends