We travelled on 27th October and returned on 4th November .Travelled with my husband and my teenage daughter.Have been to Cyprus before but not to this area.
The weather was fantastic two cloudy days but still warm.Yes it does get dark early but this did not affect our enjoyment.
We went self catering and stayed in a bungalow near the pool.Very spacious, clean and yes basic cooking facilities but adequate for snacks.The upstairs patio was lovely for coffee on a morning.
Ate at pool bar only once and it was ok.
Not ones for in house entertainment but the bits we saw were ok and all the young children seemed to have made friends and were enjoying themselves.
Staff were friendly, rooms were clean.
Only complaint was having to pay for wifi which I think could have been free in say the bar area.
On this note we called in at the Kings Sword pub 5 mins down the road which had free wifi.Not usually one for english bars but this was a find. The food was fantastic , cypriot, italian, english certainly well worth a visit or three.
The location of the hotel is good 4km outside ayia napa and near to 3 lovely beaches.
The waterpark is near and the bus is one euro which goes through ayia napa, protares to paralimni.
All the way from the hotel to ayia napa are bars and tavernas so its a nice walk if you want.
We hired a car and drove to Nicosia.The roads are great, drive on the left and signs are in english and parking was easy.We enjoyed our day out and visited the turkish side of nicosia as well (you need your passport for this). Interesting to see the contrast .
We thoroughly enjoyed our week, not sure how it would have been in height of season but for October it was great.The location is good and its easy to get around.Would go back again in October, it was 26 degrees when we left and 1 degree at manchester when we got home-say no more!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in a peaceful spot on the outskirts of Ayia Napa, The Makronisos Village is a complete tourist village with a rustic feel. The sweeping sands of Nissi Bay with its wide range of water sports are close by, as are tavernas and a water park. The pulsing nightlife in Ayia Napa can be reached in five minutes by car, or a quick hop on the bus from outside the hotel. Checking in at the lovely reception area, you will receive a warm welcome reflecting the attentive, high standard of service to come. Attractively decorated and well equipped bungalows with spacious terraces are set among extensive gardens filled with palms and beautiful bougainvillea. The gardens create a lush back drop to the large, beautiful swimming pool with children's pool attached. A wealth of facilities and an extensive leisure programme for all ages mean you'll be torn between an energetic time or a chilled out break. So why not have a bit of both? Engage with fellow guests in volleyball, football, tennis, or water polo, to name a few, before surrendering to a dreamy massage. Don't worry about the children; they'll be well taken care of at the Kids' club, with endless all-day fun with new-found friends. Buffet meals are served in the hotel's inviting restaurant, and sandwiches, ice cream and other snacks can be bought from the bar and by the pool. Each evening entertainment is laid on in the form of barbecues, bingo, karaoke and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Bookcyprus.com and Priceline so you can book your Makronisos Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macronissos Vacation Club Hotel Ayia Napa
- Macronissos Village Ayia Napa
- Macronissos Village Hotel