“Not so nice!!!!!”

Ranked #95 of 107 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Stratford upon avon
“Not so nice!!!!!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Arrived at the so nice boutique suites, only to be told they had over booked and there was no room for us. We stayed 2 nights at the Grecian park hotel, which was amazing and then given a £500 bill as so nice would not pay for our food, despite my paying for all inclusive!! Arrived at so nice and the room was dirty, no double bed, but 2 singles pushed together so I fell down the middle ( not a nice wake up!) , pubic hairs around the room, floors dirty, mouldy curtains, and just one sheet on the bed, which was dirty too! There is no way this is a 4 star hotel!!!! Don't waste your money there, the place is a dirty, badly decorated farce!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Nicola F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Drammen, Norway
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have been at so Nice for 3 days in a wedding. Perfect. The service and staff was perfect . The room I got was big and the aircondition was good. The frame around the wedding was very good.
This is something I will remember for ever. I wil go back to so Nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Hilde F
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I paid extra to arrive in Ayia Napa and not worry about the hotel for a couple of nights before either committing to longer or moving to somewhere else and I'm pleased that I did this because the whole experience was a sham.

when I arrived, the staff at So Nice Boutique Suites said that they had given my room to someone else so they would 'upgraded' me to a room, which was average, at best. when I checked, they had moved me from So White (5 star) to So Nice (4.5 Star). Oh, and neither of these ratings are an accurate reflection on the reality.

The next day, they gave me the room that I was supposed to have which was really good but it wasn't going to be ready until the afternoon so they offered to move my things for me - very kind, I thought. I then packed my suitcase and left it in the living area of the first suite and went off to explore and get some breakfast.

Whilst away at breakfast, I remembered that I had left my iPhone charger plugged in next to the bed, which I had removed the lamp plug to get access to (this made it even more memorable). I called them to let them know what I had done and they said that they would take care of it and move it to the next room for me.

When I returned, I asked for the key to the room that I had been shown in the morning but they said that they had given it to someone else (again) and that I would be given another room. I asked where my luggage was if it wasn't in the room, and they said it was behind reception so they brought it out. When they brought it out, I noticed that the charger wasn't with it - the bag was locked (thank god). So they said they had looked in the room but couldn't find it and offered for me to have a look for myself.

They then took me to the room and low and behold, the charger was gone and the lamp was plugged back in. They said that I must have forgotten removing it but I didn't have much baggage and had already remembered where I left it. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and went to the new room to search through my bags in detail but surprise surprise, no charger.

I was really angry with the way this was dealt with. Chargers for iPhones cost around 45 euros over there and they aren't even genuine!

I wouldn't take this much time out of my life to write something negative normally. I was annoyed about the messing around with the rooms but stealing from me crosses a very clear line.

The only thing in their difference was that they offered to pay for a taxi into Ayia Napa (worth about 10 euros).

The taxi took so long to arrive that I ended up hailing one down and he told me that when So Nice Boutique Suites offer to pay for a taxis to anywhere, they don't actually pay, they just tell the taxi company that they wont pay and if the taxis don't like it, they wont send any more work their way.

Oh, and whilst I'm writing this, I may as well mention that although they say the whole place has wi-fi, it doesn't. the first suite I was in (So Nice) had no wi-fi signal at all.

In closing, I came to Cyprus to unwind but the first two days were the worst. As soon as I moved, to a new hotel, it was great. The new hotel which was in the center wasn't anything special but didn't claim to be either. It was less than half the price and there were no problems. I would write its name but I don't want anyone to think that this is written by a competitor. Anyway, you have been warned!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
9 Thank JamesMRW84

Travelers are raving about these Ayia Napa hotels

Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We've booked this hotel through booking.com for 7 days on HB supplement for us and our son and this was by far the worst vacation we ever been. The suite "we paid extra for pool view" was dirty and I had to go to the supermarket and buy cleaning products to clean the room and especially the bathroom. The kitchen was the worse of all! I open the cupboard to get a glass and it was too dirty to touch it. The highlight was a cockroach that was wondering around the dinner buffet and when we complaint they told us that it was our idea!!!! I will never ever ever go there and I strongly advise everyone not to go there. If you have children think of them!

Room Tip: think twice before you reserve this hotel!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank AnnSCon
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My Family And I have been to the SO NICE BOUTIQUES SUITES for 4 days.
First of all, the location of the hotel is nice but far from AYIA NAPA city center (10 euros by taxi).
Secondly,some of the hotel suite are relatively not very well tidied and without proper access lights, however, well equiped with small kitchen necessaries. They told us that we were upgraded to "One of the best rooms" with a private pool.The rooms are not very clean,bathroom door do not close,you can find ants , spiders,mosquitoes in the room (and in the bed).Rooms are not very well tidied. We stayed 4 days without satellite TV although we requested since arrival to adjust.Beach towels not provided until evening first day claiming non arrival from laundry. Response time of the service is very slow and the dinner and lunch buffet is awful. Half board not recommended.Access to the beach will cost a family of 4 , 15 euros per day as you have to rent from municipality the beach chair and umbrella for 2.5 euros each.Although,access tickets to the beach should have been provided by the hotel for FREE! Beach is nice with acceptable sports, resort is nice overall with access to supermarkets across the road.The hotel has to work strongly on improving its service quality in order to deserve being ranked 4. Overall it is a 3 stars hotel! I won't go to this hotel again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank JRizkallah
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We have just come back from a 10 day stay and were thoroughly disappointed. Loud music playing all day and night, rowdy drunks, not something we expected staying just outside of ayia napa. The music from the bar was very loud on the beach where you would expect to be able to relax. Massive pile of rubbish outside of the kitchen door and chef in the doorway smoking. Would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Tabitha M
Yaroslavl, Russia
Reviewed July 7, 2013

i would never give 5 stars to this hotel. the white things around was good idea but in reality they all looks dirty and very old. and used. this hotel should be very good 4 stars but not 5. in general its look good, but i think they need to make repair every few months. lol

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo