First of all i am going to say if you are able to spend 7-10 days with music blaring from 10:45 till 18:00 and then 19:30 till 2am and when i say music blaring i mean like a club.. then go for it. :) me and my friends had read the reviews for this place about it being untidy and dirty. However we were surprised when we arrived to find that our room was spotless and right above the swimming pool. We had enough plates, cups etc and whilst the shower wasnt very good the bathroom was a good size. With the music banging we got ready to go out. The hotel was a 5min walk from the square and made it easy to find which was excellent for the nights out and the drunken walk home.
Every night we got in about 4 to half 5 ish looking for something to eat in the room and get into bed. However our swimming pool seemed to turn into a zoo every night with everyone from the square turning up shouting screaming and jumping in so we didnt get to sleep till about 7. This would have been fine if we could sleep through the day, but like i said before the music starts up at 10:45 every morning which wakes you up.
Whilst i sound like a party pooper this wasnt an actual problem till the 4th day with no sleep then it just got annoying, as we were all tired for our nights out which made then not as enjoyable.
Another problem was the fact that we were in a self catered room so we all brought our food from the local shop to keep us going, however whilst sitting by the pool you arent allowed any food or drink from outside the hotel setting meaning you either have to walk back to your room or spend more money, if you are caught with stuff the unfriendly man took it off you.
Overall the place was a lively setting that is most suitable for 18 to mid 20 year olds. NO FAMILIES. YOU WILL DIE!. its in a good location from the square and costs 8 euros to get to nissi beach. The food from the bar was okay not the best so i wouldnt go full board.
Whilst we all really enjoyed our holiday we feel that it could have been better if we had picked another hotel, as the lack of sleep made us wanting our beds instead of alcohol.
If you do choose to go to this hotel i would only go for a week, if you would like a better sleep then ask not to stay around the pool area, however the rooms did seem to be better in our building which was number nine, so its just a compromise.
Before booking i would just make sure you will be able to cope, if you need your sleep then it will ruin your holiday, however it is enjoyable and good fun.
P.S the maids are lovely and will look after you if you keep them sweet :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tsokkos Holiday Apartments are ideally located right in the heart of Ayia Napa center and near to beautiful sandy beaches. This complex features Deseo Pool Lounge which offers the ultimate pool experience in which to cool down and relax. The welcoming and hospitable atmosphere makes it a popular choice and guests return back year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Tsokkos Holiday Apartment reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tsokkos Holiday Apartments Hotel Ayia Napa
- Tsokkos Holiday Apartments Ayia Napa