“Best Week of my life”

Tsokkos Holiday Apartment
Ranked #93 of 102 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Reviewed July 25, 2013

After reading the reviews of the hotel on here - after I'd booked - safe to say I was pretty nervous about what to expect from the hotel itself. First things first, there was a relatively big group of us, therefore we had 5 different rooms, this meant that we were all in different blocks all over the complex. The place is relatively big meaning that it was a decent walk to get from one block to another. There are 2 pools at the complex, one been a lot quieter than the other - music not as loud and generally not as rowdy. Next, safe deposit boxes - highly recommend these - 30 euro for a week and there is only 1 key so are totally safe despite reviews you may of read on here. Next, the rooms, they are pretty basic, have all the basic amenities, and rooms are kept relatively clean as long as you give your maid a chance to come in every other day. Sometimes maids don't tend to come in if 4 people are flat out on a bed so just do yourself a favour and get up a bit earlier one day and you wont regret it, they tend to come in around 11am-1pm. Next, the staff, most of them are alright, the security guard though is a bit of a di*k. Yes he is probably just trying to keep the place under control but he is overly aggressive, especially when you are drinking before going out and been relatively loud. Finally, one thing that they don't like around tsokkos is bringing your own food or drink around the pool so they expect you to pay 3 euro for a bottle of water when there is a supermarket pretty much on site where you can get them for 50 cents. And one thing which I found a bit weird was that the reception keep your passports behind the reception desk for the full week (probably incase you break things or whatever) but they insist that is the safest place for them as there is someone on reception 24 hours. Finally the only slight problem we had is that we had to check out of the room at midday and our transfer wasn't until 10pm. There is no luggage room and the lounge chairs are insanely uncomfortable so its a last day which you could really do without. Anyway don't really have any complaints about the hotel, none of us heard of any trouble (stealing, fighting etc) would definitely consider going back. Oh and it is literally a 2 minute walk from the strip and a 2 minute walk the other way to the restaurant and shops street, perfect location. ENJOYYY

Room Tip: Baby Tsokkos is the far end of the complex which has the quieter pool and bar so you may want to be...
2  Thank Razzler11

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed in Tsokkos in July 2012 with two other girls.

When we arrived at the hotel, the hotel staff were rude and unhelpful towards us. We eventually checked in to the hotel and payed our our air con fee. We were told our room was to the back of the hotel - they offered us no help or guidance to carry our suitcases to our rooms.

Our 'apartment' was very small, it was basically a box room with two beds, a sofa bed and a very small toilet. The 'kitchen' was not a kitchen, it had no cutlery and the oven was unusable - we eat out every night of our holiday. When we arrived, the room was fairly clean apart from minor stains on the walls. The room was only cleaned once over our ten night stay (beds, bins emptied and towels replaced), although we asked for clean towels and they were replaced within the day.

The location of the appartment was great, only a two minute walk to the strip. The pool parties at the hotel are amazing, although the music does get very loud very early in the morning... but we didn't mind!

I wouldn't go back to stay at Tsokkos although I did have a great holiday. The hotel was overall overpriced, dirty and the staff are very rude. But, it is in a great location.

Room Tip: Try and book a room by the pool rather than the rooms at the back of the hotel.
1  Thank MollyW94
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Me and 10 other lads arrived at tsokkos on the 23rd of June. After reading all the reviews on here I was genuinely scared to stop at the hotel, We was in 3 separate rooms spread across the whole hotel (it is huge). NONE of us had anything taken by the maids thank god. I just put my money in some socks at the bottom of my suitcase with a padlock on then put it under the bed.

The maids came at about 11 every morning and as we was getting in at about 8am every morning we was still in bed so we just kept an eye on her to make sure she didn't take anything. 1 packet of fags did go missing from about 1 foot away from me whilst I slept but I think the maid thought it was empty and binned them. All 10 of up prinked in out room every day so the maid had a big job on her hands to clear everything up. At the end of the holiday I have her 20 euros, a bottle of tequila and ouzo for being so good and not complaining about how messy we made the room. Because we really did make a mess of the room.

I'm not going to lie the rooms are not the best. Ants in the bath room, tv attacked to the wall at the bottom of the bed that didn't work and looked like it was going to fall of the wall At any moment. But in all honestly that didn't matter, it was what I expected and it didn't bother me or any of the others.

The location is great, literally about 2 minuets away from the main strip and 1 minute away from aqua but it is a long way from river reggae witch is better than aqua, a taxi to river reggae costs 10 euro between 6 so it's very cheep and is not a problem.

We was in the old part of the hotel so it isn't connected to any reception or anything like that, you could literally do anything there and the staff wouldn't do anything. Every morning without fail you would hear somebody on the corridor banging on there room door trying to get in but I can't really complain as it was me a few times!!!! One of the times the room over from us opened up and let me sleep on there sofa (had never spoken to them before but they was pretty cool) so all in all everyone looked out for each other well that was my experience on it anyway.

I smashed 1 of our balcony doors, was expecting to have to pay 600 up euros, ended up paying 70 so that's cool!!!

One thing I would say (nothing to do with the hotel) is don't hire out any of the quads or buggies that are available to rent. 40 euro a day for a 200cc quad but they make it so it will break so they can fine you!!!! Me and a friend hired a quad and the rest hired 3 buggies between them. The quads gear stick where you select forward neutral or reverse was missing a nut so it when driving it would slip out and go into neutral whilst driving so we had to stop at the side of a very busy main road outside of ayia napa to fix it. And because we stopped at the side and took out helmets off to fix it the police fined us 85 euro each (2 of us) and we wasn't allowed to leave the county until we paid it.

And everyone of the buggies had problems with them too. 1 buggies didn't have a exhaust when they hired it but the shop said it did and fined them 105 euro so the whole thing is just a scam to try and rip British people off

So overall I would defiantly recommend tsokkos and just be fair with the maids and they will be fair to you and don't expect to live in a palace because tsokkos is purely good because of the location!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Ryanm5991
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Where to start..Firstly as we arrived to the hotel ready to check in they informed us that we could not stay in our rooms as they were still occupied by people with delayed flights. They then moved us to a different hotel which was 5 minutes down the road however the staff were very unhelpful, unfriendly and just had a general bad attitude.
When we finally got to our rooms the next day they were absolutely disgusting, blood stains, dirty sheets, urine in the wardrobes that the maids obviously hasn't cleaned. When we complained they moved us to a different room in block 1 which was a lot nicer however had a huge ant infestation. The maids rarely clean the rooms, never leave clean towels and half the time we made our beds ourselves.
I had met a lot of people in the hotel who had been robbed of everything they had, money, clothes, phones etc and the police couldn't care less nor the hotel staff. I really did not want to leave my rooml to go out as I'd most likely come back with nothing in my room!
As for the food, my friend found maggots in her meal which had put us all off eating there completely!
Overall this hotel is seriously overpriced for the service you are getting. I would not recommend staying here whatsoever as I didn't feel safe in the slightest and couldn't enjoy my holiday as I was always worrying about my stuff. Think before you book here!!

1  Thank Katie S
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Firstly, when we arrived at tsokkos we were put in a separate part of the hotel which isnt connected to the main hotel. DO NOT STAY IN THIS SECTION. Block 11 was worse that the inbetweeners movie. Nothing worked, grafti over the walls no lights in the corridors, broken toilet, dirty bed sheets plus more. As we booked through Hotels4U we contacted them immediately and got them to complain to the hotel. Within an hour we had organised a room change with the hotel to Block 9, which is back at the main hotel, however we had to wait until the next morning for the room change, but luckily we managed to stay in a friends room at the same hotel in block 8, which was also very good.

Anyway, once moved our room was very impressive despite the terrible reviews on here. Block 9 could have compared to 4* hotels ive stayed in before now on other trips. I didnt hear of any problems regarding cleaners stealing items, which may have been because I brought a bike lock after reading these reviews, but none of my other friends had any problems and they were not overly secure in looking after their rooms. However, I can imagine some people do lose things as ive come back at 7am and seen room doors open with people passed out inside.

Honestly, we knew other groups staying at Anthea and Diomylos who laughed at us going here when reading the reviews but by the end of it they wished they had gone Tsokkos. The speakers by the pool are also insane.

Also, it was a 2 min walk to the bottom end of the strip which was ideal and only €2 each in a taxi to Nissi beach from the taxi rank outside the hotel

Room Tip: Stay in the main hotel. Block 8 was very good. Block 9 was great. Block 11 I would never go near
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Teddy P
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My friends stayed in this hotel and i was so jealous. Honestly wish we stayed here one of the most amazing hotels I've ever seen full of cheap drinks and beautiful pool area, what I saw of the staff they seemed friendly and our friends hotel room was spacious and clean, extremely good value for what they paid. This hotel is right on the tourist strip near all the shops and cheap but very nice restuarants

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed here July last year and thought it was the best 10 days of our lives.

Dump of a hotel, moody reception staff, but the atmosphere is great and the location makes up for it. Although it is not secure in the slightest we never had anything stolen but we heard all stories of cleaners stealing stuff. Would only recommend this hotel for the pool but all in all Ayia Napa nightlife is unreal would go back in a flash.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends