“What a place!”
Review of Napa Plaza Hotel

Napa Plaza Hotel
Ranked #3 of 102 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Reviewed July 3, 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a weeks stay at the Napa Plaza Hotel. First of all this is the first time I have have written a review on trip advisor, however I felt the need to after what was a great stay. From the moment we entered to the moment we left we had a great time. On arrival we paid the extra 10 euros a day to upgrade to a pool view room (room 122), definitely worth the extra. The rooms were spacious and modern with the biggest bed I had ever seen! Also a flat screen TV with some English channels. The pool area is amazing and the free cold towels and drinks during the day are just what you need in the height of the summer. The cocktails are also good and the have a chilled out pool party every Thursday with a DJ playing some chilled house music and plenty of cocktails! Breakfast was one of the best choice breakfasts I have ever seen in a hotel, everything from fresh fruit to pastries to freshly cooked bacon etc. We were staying on bed and breakfast so cannot comment on the dinner, however we had lunch in the hotel once and it was great. The location of the hotel is one of the best in Ayia Napa. When you step out of the hotel you are on one of the main streets, turn left and its a 5 minute walk to the main strip, turn right will take you to the beach and the main shops and restaurants, all withing a 5-10 minute walk! This hotel is ideal if you are looking to have a good time going for meals and drinks or even partying into the small hours, then having a nice quiet place to return to at night. There were no rowdy groups of people in the hotel and everyone seems to respect the peace round the pool during the day. All in all this was a great stay and we will be sure to return. We have already recommended this hotel to our friends.
Finally on returning home I noticed I had left my soap bag at the hotel, which included a number of expensive items which were going to cost a lot to replace. I emailed the hotel and they got back to me to say that they had my bag and could make arrangement to send it back to me, which I was more than happy to pay for. However the hotel ended up sending it back to me whilst they covered the cost of about 20 euros! This is simply outstanding service and topped off what was a great week! Thanks again Napa Plaza!

Room Tip: We upgraded from a deluxe inland view to a deluxe pool view when we arrived, only cost 70 euros for...
1  Thank Marklsimpson
NapaPlaza1, Guest Relations Manager at Napa Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear Marklsimpson,

First of all let us thank you for choosing Napa Plaza Hotel for your stay in Cyprus and for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns.. Your review made us really proud, it is always a pleasure to read how our guests lived the Napa Plaza experience to its fullest, so thank you for taking the time to share it with us.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

My partner was taken ill and had to be rushed to hospital. The staff were very concerned and even called the hospital to see how he was doing. We he was released we arrived back in our room too find that Andri, the Head Receptionist had organised an enormous fresh fruit platter and a large bottle of water in our fridge. When he managed to spend a couple of hours out of the room we had several members of staff come up to us and ask how he was feeling. It made a difficult time being away from home so much easier with all the help we had and I cannot thank them enough. They went above and beyond what I expected of hotel staff.

Room Tip: A superior room over looking the pool is the best
3  Thank Glennys H

Dear Glennys H,

First of all let us thank you for choosing Napa Plaza Hotel for your stay in Cyprus and for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns.. We are glad that your partner is well now. Your review made us really proud, it is always a pleasure to read how our guests lived the Napa Plaza experience to its fullest, so thank you for taking the time to share it with us.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

This was our fifth visit to The Napa Plaza Hotel and every visit has been a most enjoyable experience. The service from all the staff is some of the best we have experienced taking into account previous holidays around the world. The food and drink is also excellent and I would recommend trying all their restaurants which now includes a Greek and Italian. The Pepper Bar and Yacht Bar were used by us every day and night and is a must for service and quality.. Special mention must be made of Xenis the Head Barman at the Yacht Bar who goes that one extra mile to serve his customers. The room we had overlooked the pool was spacious and cleaned every day by a very pleasant cleaner. We will definitely be visiting the Napa Plaza again.

Room Tip: Ask for a central room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Dubrovnik186220

Dear Dubrovnik186220,

Thank you for your review and for honouring us with your repeated visits. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed once again your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

the hotel location is excellent cos it's in the middle of Ayia Napa. Staff most of them they are friendly expect the spa receptionist her attitude it's like she don't want to do nothing .yacht club is good and value for money . but regarding housekeeping I'm sry to say it's not in 4*star standard ex we spend 6nights when we arrived the cleaning was ok but the daily cleaning wasn't made up good for ex: bathroom floors and bedroom floors wasn't being washed on daily basis there was a pieces of tissues remained there for our last 3 days bath drain remained with hair, when they do the bed they didn't attached the sheets and from the sides everything out , towels wasn't replaced for at least 4 times and the one was replace was grey and torn. the glasses that we was using wasn't being cleaned remained there dirty only one day we had a good cleaning it was wens 25thjune I think the room attendant was different then the usual one.But otherwise was everything great food quality was excellent breakfast was great as well good choice and nice selection of good . reception staff and restaurant staff are really friendly and down to word .

Room Tip: When you book try to have a room at the back cos in the front you will have more noise from outside...
1  Thank vanessaMalta

Dear VanessaMalta,
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, the food and the service and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. We have noted your comments regarding the cleaning and we shall ensure this is not repeated in the future.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Was a little apprehensive as I traveled alone to visit my son who was working in Napa, but the staff could not have been more helpful and really looked after me. Had a room overlooking the pool which was spacious, cleaned every day and really lovely and there was fresh fruit and a bottle of water in the room when I arrived. I though it might be noisy but it wasn't at all
The pool area was very clean and the staff brought out free drinks, fruit and cool face towels which were all gratefully received.
The breakfast had something for everyone I guess my only reserve would be it would have been nicer if it was kept open till 11am...10am is a little early
I would definitely recommend this haven of a hotel...close enough to everything but tucked away and relaxing at the same time....thank you

Room Tip: I had a room at the back on the first floor overlooking the pool which was nice and quiet
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank legend444
NapaPlaza1, Guest Relations Manager at Napa Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear legend444,

We would like to thank you again for being such wonderful guest and also for writing this review.
Here at Napa Plaza we strive for excellence and feedback of this nature is always cherished and shared with the entire team.

Regards
Vera Kosma

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Stayed at this hotel a few years ago so thought we would give another try, the main reason was the adults only option.
First of all, the check in was good and quick and we were given an upgrade on the room which was nice, first 3 or4 days were fine then masses of teenagers were arriving, groups of lads and girls, it then seemed to turn into a twenty's hotel, then the noise really started, early hours of shouting and lots of door slamming, if peace and quiet is what your after, forget it.
This gripe is for the management, there were to many people using the facilities that were not staying at the hotel, just as well there were enough sunbeds to go round, some even tried to get into the breakfast and had to be ejected.
Their was a charge to use wi fi, and a charge for a safe in the room, surely not for a 4 star, but this hotel is more like a 3 star.
On the plus side, good location, excellent breakfast ( especially the back bacon ).

4  Thank David C
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel twice now and The last time I stayed I was there for 5 nights the Hotel is clean, the pool was quiet and relaxing, the rooms as spacious. The food is lovely in the restaurant/bar. There are no kids allowed in this hotel as it is adults only. It is close to everywhere! It isn't the best hotel in ayia napa but i would still recommend it.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank roxanne d

Dear roxanne d,

We thank you for wonderful comments on how relaxing and peaceful our hotel is. This is just one of the many goals we try to achieve for our valued guests and we are pleased to read that you have departed with these thoughts. See you again soon!

Regards