Napa Plaza Hotel
Nestor Hotel(Ayia Napa)(Great Value!)
$153
$141
  • Pool
$242
$236
$199
$189
Faros Hotel(Ayia Napa)(Great Value!)
$357
$342
Hotels.com
$403
$350
  • Breakfast included
$221
$199
Mon Repos Design Hotel(Ayia Napa)(Great Value!)
$161
Okeanos Beach Hotel(Ayia Napa)(Great Value!)
$134
  • Breakfast included
Makronisos Holiday Village(Ayia Napa)(Great Value!)
$84
  • Pool
$348
Bookcyprus.com
2,035 results
All reviewspeppers barpool viewsuperior roompool barmeze restaurantnext yearnissi beachcentral locationhead barmanbars and restaurantsgolden arrowexcellent hotelbed and breakfastquality hotelair conmelonreception staff
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Reading through the reviews I am very surprised to read the amount of comments praising the hotel staff. My experience was very different here reading the other comments it almost feels like I was at a different hotel!

I was a lone traveler booking a very last minute break to get away to some sun and relax after a stressful few weeks. I arrived fairly late and check in was smooth and efficient and the gentleman friendly, as was the porter who helped with my luggage - but this is these were the only members of staff I found that were remotely friendly and helpful everyone else I encountered was rude or ignorant or unhelpful.

The reason I have scored the hotel low is solely because of the staff. Firstly I asked reception about the air conditioning and they advised that it had unfortunately broken down and they were trying to fix it. The day after I was in reception and overheard a different receptionist telling other people it was because they hadn't switched it on yet as the hotel is not busy enough and it isn't the full season as yet. This I think is awful, it was very hot and uncomfortable in my room and the air did nothing apart from circulate more warm air.

Another occasion reception was very quiet and I wanted to ask about booking a taxi to the airport. I walked over the reception desk with 2 ladies behind at opposite ends and waited to be acknowledged, I was standing right in front of one of the ladies and still she said nothing. I said excuse me and still she did not even look up from her computer to acknowledge me and said how can I help you - without even giving me a glance. I have never experienced this and felt it was very odd and extremely rude.

I ate at the area by the pool 1 late afternoon, there was 1 other table and 3 staff. I sat there for 20 minutes without anyone coming over to take my order or ask me if I wanted a drink. They had clearly seen me But I thought I may have been wrong and I need to order at the bar, I went over and apologised I didn't realise I had to order here and the waiter looked confused and said you don't we come to you in a minute. As I said they were not busy at all there was probably no more then 3 people around the bar and 1 other table in the seating area waiting for food - no excuse what so ever to not come and take my order.

Again when it come to paying I waited for a while. By this time I was the only person in the seating area and gave up and went and paid by the bar.

Pool area was nice, plenty of sun loungers to choose from. The interior decor was lovely and my kind of style, fresh, clean and modern. Breakfast was plentiful with lots of choice and replenished regularly and quickly. My room was adequate albeit a bit on the small side and the decor was nice. Apples were left in the room complimentary as was a bottle of still water.

The gym was disgustingly filthy, you could tell the equipment had not been cleaned for years with grime built up in the corners. Equipment was old and a lot of things were missing. Is okay for someone doing weights as there were plenty of options but to do cardio the equipment was poor - 1 treadmill, 1 crosstrainer and a broken bike.

I rate this hotel so poorly as not once did anyone ask how my stay was, or attempt any form of friendly conversation at any point - when I was ordering drinks, in the restaurant, at breakfast, in reception, nothing at all. It was as if I was invisible! The staff were ignorant, rude, unhelpful and unfriendly. I feel that it is the staff that make or break a hotel and in this case they completely let it down. Never have I been to a hotel where I have been made to feel so unwelcome. I will not be going back and I will not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Carla R
NapaPlaza1, Guest Relations Manager at Napa Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear Carla,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel.
Guests reviews are always welcome as we consider them part of our ongoing process of improving our service.
We have taken note of your comments and we will forward them to the management.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

We arrived at the napa plaza last week As soon as we arrived to book in we where offered a cold drink I thought this was a nice touch We where taken to our room by the porter we found him friendly and helpful ,Our room was so lovely ,We had fruit and fresh water in our room on arrival .All the staff from reception kitchen barman waiting staff to chambermaids couldn't do enough for us they made are stay there so extra special .We relaxed around the pool and staff came around with free mini smoothies for us a hour later cold melon an hour later they came around with fresh cold flannels to cool us down what a great place we had a great holiday there .The food was excellent we will definitely be returning thanks to all the staff

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
NapaPlaza1, Guest Relations Manager at Napa Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

We would like to thank you again for being such wonderful guests and also for writing this review.
Here at Napa Plaza we strive for excellence and feedback of this nature is always cherished and shared with the entire team.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed in Napa Plaza after an awful experience with a cheaper (barely) hotel in Napa, and absolutely loved it. I came here on a clubbing holiday with a friend and loved the little touches the hotel did for us and everyone else - ice towels and watermelon walked round the pool twice daily etc. The breakfast was decent but for a clubber ended much too early - when you stroll in a 4am you arent getting back up for it in time! Luckily there are some great places around for a good cheap breakfast so we werent ever too fussed.

The room was lovely, so comfy and swept us away about from the fact we were there for partying. The only problem, if one at all, is that the room was just a bit too nice - we barely ever left! The air conditioning and TV gave us just too many home comforts and for a hungover teenager I think I only left my bed to drink even more.

The pool bar is surprisingly always empty of an evening, even though the drinks are fantastic and such good value - happy hour was buy one get one free! 5 euros for two fresh strawberry margaritas, I was in heaven. We got to know the bartenders well (best people ever) and they started mixing special drinks up for us once they got to understand what alcohol we particularly liked.

I loved this hotel and would return in a heartbeat for another holiday, but just not for clubbing. The hotel tries to create an atmosphere (pool parties etc) but it just doesnt work very well, which is a shame. Definitely worth a stay for couples and is great location for party groups - just make sure your group is good at keeping the noise down!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Painci

Thank you for taking the time to write this encouraging feedback. Our staff tries their upmost to meet and exceed our guests expectations and we are glad that you have experienced this.
We look forward to sharing some more fun and memorable times again in the future

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We booked this hotel through easyjet holidays,only booked a run of the house room but upgraded to a de luxe pool view room on arrival glad we did as we had control of the air con whilst the other one didn't.also we were able to get the free wi-fi in our room and on our balcony.We stayed on B&B basis and there was plenty to choose from.
All the staff were friendly Mamia and Andreas especially.
I would come back again but just not in the height of summer as it's a bit too close to the Square and would be very noisy.
Had a few nice meals in Cafe Central, there is also a nice bakery ice cream and coffee shop just next door.
Pool towels are supplied, and staff come around with free little smoothies and pieces of fruit whilst you're sunbathing which is a nice touch.
There was plenty of parking available for hire cars.

Room Tip: Have a room with a balcony and it shouldn't be over the main road.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review, we greatly appreciate your encouraging feedback - we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

spent just one night right after easter time, the hotel was not very crowded but all the employees were extremely professional like if it was deep high season: starting from mrs Thassoula and all her wonderful ladies team at the reception, who helped me when I had to change my reservation. The rooms (I got one right on the pool) are nice and big enough (just the wifi connection was a bit low, I had to move next to the bar to have a higher signal - this could be improved). The position is also great, right in the middle between the beach of Grecian Bay and the nightlife, but the rooms are located "inside", divided by the main road by 1 restaurant and 1 bar, so you don't feel any noise... really was a great experience, thx again, I'll be back to lovely Cyprus and Napa Plaza will be the place.

Ciaooo!

Simone Mazzolani

Room Tip: I assumed by the pool rooms should be louder, but really when i was there no prob at all.... and i always think a nice view by the terrace is worth a bit of noise....
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
NapaPlaza1, Guest Relations Manager at Napa Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

We would like to thank you for the good comments and suggestions which have been forwarded to the Management. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.