“stay at stamatia hotel”

Ranked #39 of 106 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“stay at stamatia hotel”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

just had one week at this hotel food great staff brill good clean hotel location great
would recomend this hotel .nice pool kids play area all the reviews i read did not put us off
some folk want a five star hotel for what they pay and never satisfied try this hotel and
dont be put off with nit pickers

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank 664marv

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Me and my friend have just returned from a weeks stay at the stamtia from the 15th jun to the 22nd june. on arrival we got to our room which was right next to reception and had a small double bed and an 'inside' balcony, which was no good as we booked a twin room (2 girls) and had a side sea view confimred. went to reception and the lady said we had to come back in the morning, recieved a phonecall to our room at 9am to say they have another room on the 2nd floor for us, and it did have twin beds and a sea view. the hotel is very nice, better than expected, clean, tidy and all waiters are very nice and helpful. the only downfall is the food, but we ate out as it was so cheap anyway.

location is perfect....2 mins from ayia napa beach and 5 mins walk to the main buzzling square where the nightclubs are and plenty of bars and restaraunts on the way. no noise heard at night!

lovely beach bar to go eat at if on the ayia napa beach! sunbeds only 2euro for the day! would also reccommend the los bandidos mexican and the lpazzo bianco italian in the square for food at night...amazing!

definatley would go back and stay at the stamatia :) perfect for everything...sunbathe by day, party by night!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jenna k
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed at this hotel last week , on seeing the online pics for the hotel room I wasn't impressed as it was very dated but as the lovely gentleman who showed us to our room I was surprised , our hotel block had been renovated its was very modern and very clean just what I wanted :) there was air conditioning , hairdryer , but if u wanted the fridge or safe there was a charge of 3 euro a day and no free wifi . our check in was at 1am so we wernt expecting food but to our surprise they had a packed lunch for us :)
Every member of staff is very friendly and helpful , the room is cleaned everyday but if u want a lie in u have a door sign sayin don't disturb . We stayed all inclusive but we ended up eating out most meals , some days were ok but other days I couldn't stomach it I did really enjoy the Italian night but that's all I enjoyed through out the week , it was a big let down with the food , not all of it was labelled and that put me off befor starting . There is a big selection of cocktails much to my delight very tasty 2 :) . The hotel is in a great location only a 2 min walk to the harbour where we went n a boat trip , there are lovely places to eat , the beach isn't that clean there (nissi beach is very clean ) and u must try yogolicious it's a Greek yoghurt icecream shop with different flavours u may try before u buy and there is about 50 toppings to choose from u help yourself then get it weighed truly scrumptious I had one every day . There is a bus stop not far away it was a euro to go to nissi beach lovely place , we didn't venture up the party side we stayed on the quiet side plenty of water. Activities to do .
All in all I did enjoy my stay but I don't know if I would return as I didn't enjoy the food

• Stayed June 2013
UK
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I visited this hotel for the second time in June 13. My earlier visit had been in 2001. It is a great hotel, previous reviews that I read would have put me off going to this hotel. It is cleaned daily, bathrooms have been upgraded, rooms are spacious, staff are friendly and hotel is very quiet. Hotel is predominantly full of Russian and German guests as opposed to Brits, but to me, that was a bonus. Would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank DaftTartUk
Omsk, Russia
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We spent 11 days in this nice hotel, being on vacations with my Mom and my little son (1 year 5 month). The girls at reception Valeria and Natalia are very helpful, they tried to solve any problem we had in no time and recommend something. The staff in the dining hall and bar (another Natalia) was more than friendly and everybody seemed to adore my little boy.

The room was always cleaned properly. In spite of that fact that our room looked to the street where quad bikes, cars and buses go all the time, we were fast asleep, it didn’t bother us at all. But we had a beautiful view of Luna Park and the sea.

The day we were going to leave (our transfer was at 7 p.m.) we asked to prolong the staying in our room, since with a little child it’s difficult to stay out all the time on the heat, and the receptionist did her best to make it, as the hotel was overbooked and some new arrived people were sent to another hotel for a night. We are very grateful for that.

The food was really delicious, especially in the evening. Every day we had different national cuisine, like Italian, Chinese, Cyprian, BBQ etc.). The only thing that disappointed me was the lack of food for my kid (no porridge, and all soups were for dinner and too spicy for children). But we went to Russian café “Teremok” and took borsch or chicken soup for the kid.

Besides, this hotel has a very advantageous location - very close to the beach (2-3 min.), to the Aya Napa Port, to Luna Park, to the Main Street where you can find supermarket, shops, cafes and restaurants, and bus stops as well.

Some other important information: fridge costs 3 Euro/day. No free WiFi (it costs 5 or 6 Euro/hour). But free WiFi is in almost every cafe. So it's not a big problem.

I would recommend this hotel for everybody who wants to feel in Aya Napa like at home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lidia_Leonid
Liopetri, Cyprus
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Me and My family spent the weekend at Stamatia Hotel last June. The Hotel was amazing and very friendly staff. The food buffet was amazing and every day they had a special cuisine.
Rooms where clean and very quiet. Lots of activities and kids can spend hours of fun without bothering me and my wife.
Would definitely come back again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The hotel is not that bad and its very clean the food is not that good but then again they cannot please everyone the snacks are ok
You have to pay 3 euros per day for the safe and 3 euros per day for the fridge which is a rip off we went all inclusive so these should be included the pool is small but you are only 2 mins walk from the beach
They had a stag party of brits in the hotel and they ruined our holiday
would we stay again we are not sure

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple