All reviewssea viewslight hillstayed all inclusiveindoor poolstar hotelmin walkall inclusive optionnissi beachthree starwonderful hotelquiet locationnearest beachlounge areafriendly hotelcleaned dailybus stoprelaxing holiday
Reviewed October 31, 2011

There are many positive comments to make about this resort hotel - the building and grounds have been renovated to a very high standard. Public areas are spacious and well-kept and despite the hoards of guests, it is possible to find some individual space. The rooms were spotless, and clean towels for personal use and the pool were plentiful. Very comfortable beds, with good pillows. Our balcony was a sun trap, and totally private. From our second floor rooms, there was a good view of the complex and a vista of the sea beyond.

The enormous restaurant was well-staffed, and the choice for breakfast and lunch was superb. I was less enthusiastic about the food at night, and although there was plenty of choice, it seemed very similar to the lunch menu. There are two on-site restaurants that require booking - The Captain's Table and Kiku, and we tried both - the Greek themed Captain's table was disappointing, the food was cold, and it seemed a little lacklustre in terms of variety. We all enjoyed our meal at Kiku.

Music is amplified throughout the complex from early morning until the small hours, and after a while, it becomes impossible to tune it out. We stayed for 5 nights, and I found that I could remember which song was coming next!

I'm sure that many families with young children find the all inclusive package very appealing. I just don't think it's my cup of tea. I was fascinated by the 3 weddings that took place each day, but that also wears thin after a couple of days.

I can't fault the staff, who were patient, efficient and pleasant.

The beach across the road was lovely - crystal clear water and fine sand and a welcome escape from the institutionalised feel to the hotel complex.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank MJL18
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I have booked a Sea View room for 2 nights a month before our journey. When we arrived, the staff told us our room only available on the following day and would like to arrange us to another room. She has not told fully the another room means but I believe it should not be worser than a normal room. However, it is finally a room for servant instead of guest. I can say truly it is not the same as all photos we see from web. I am not as lucky as the other reviewer who can get the apt. However, I see a couple come later than me but get a room finally. The staff then told me that they are Cyprus people which is different from us. I cannot stop myself to question them if they are not welcoming non-Cyprus people.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Although we booked in January our room was not available until the following day but we were put up at a local apartment 2 minutes away. Could not fault the cleanliness in any of the public areas. really impressed and the cleaning staff were always smiling and friendly. The restaurant and snack bar staff were just brilliant, they could not do enough for you and seemed genuinely pleased to be able to do so. Very rare these days. The rooms were good size with plenty of shelf space in the bathroom, a hairdryer and kettle were supplied in the room and an iron with table top board was available from reception at no extra charge. The cups supplied were rather small so take your own if you like your tea. A bit disappointed that ice cream is no longer available on the all inclusive tarriff, but overall the food was really good. No courtesy room was a downside but they will give you towels to use in the indoor pool shower. The local bus is really cheap, 2 euros for day pass. I do hope when the hotel re opens in 2012 they make choosing the same or as good staff their priority, they were what would make us go back to same place again. SPECIAL THANKS to Briggeta, Ustina, Vlad and Adrian....ask Briggeta to amaze you with .'Black Magic' trick

Room Tip: we were in 125, a sea view from the balcony if you looked sideways but to be honest we didn't use it very much, partly as there was no light on it.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maureenemceedance
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We were very suprised,our holiday was great ! Rooms were clean and beautiful,food was good.The best of the all was animation team.They are kind and dedicated,I like them.We were very satisfied with our holiday,so thank you!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2011

After reading mixed reviews we were a little unsure as to what to expect but after arriving at the hotel those worries were gone. Stayed in room 428 which is advertised as an inland view however the room looked straight out over the sea, perfect! The room was spotless, large and caught the sun all day, our maid was fantastic and very friendly. The entertainment wasn't fantastic, darts and water gym in the morning, dodgy disco and Cypriot dance show in the evening but we made the most of it and joined in, the entertainment team were very friendly and the all inclusive drinks set us up for a good night in town later on! Lunches and Dinners wern't the best and were just standard buffet, we stayed all inclusive but opted to eat out twice during the week. The all inclusive option suited us as we made the most of the cocktails during the day. The hotel location was fantastic, 20 minute walk into the main square or 5 to other restaurants and bars but the local bus service runs from Protaras through to the waterpark from early morning until 4am and only €2.00 for a day pass on the bus, instead. As residents living in Paphos we were really keen to try the other side of the island for a break and will definately be returning!!! Lastly, if you're keen to recieve a representative service do not book with Olympic Holidays, no sign of a rep all week!!!

Room Tip: Book a room number 200+
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple