All reviewssea viewstayed all inclusivestar hotelmin walkindoor poolall inclusive optionwonderful hotelthree starquiet locationnissi beachlounge areafriendly hotelbus stoprelaxing holidayyogurtsomething for everyonemain restaurant
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I booked this hotel for 4 nights all-inclusive as we couldn't get in for the full week (stayed 3 nights self catering at napa prince apts, see seperate review) We arrived at 2 in the morning and were shown to room number 11. We had paid extra for a "side sea view" but the only way to see the sea was to walk out of the room, across our patio and 5 metres up a path, which I wasnt happy about. the room was dingy, grubby, crawling with ants and the door was patterned with frosted and clear glass which meant that as the curtains didnt cover the door then anyone could have spied on us while sleeping! We agreed that we would complain in the morning and try to get a better room. after around 4 hrs sleep at 7am we were suddenly awoken by the continuous sound of chairs scraping across our ceiling. after a solid half hour of this I went outside and saw we were directly under the main restaurant area. We were pretty wound up so we got dressed to go to reception and complain. The lady on reception was quite helpful, we explained the situation and she said she was actually waiting for us the previous day to offer us a "luxury apartment" behind the hotel which we could stay in but come to the hotel for our meals and drinks. I asked if we could view this 1st before we agreed. We arranged this after we had gone for breakfast. When we had eaten a disappointing breakfast we returned to reception and she asked if we had decided what we wanted to do. I basically said that I wasnt interested in the apartment and just wanted a room in the main hotel building and would even pay for an upgrade to a sea view. After some deliberation with herself it cost us 8euro per night to upgrade for the remaining 3 nights. We were then shown to room 303 which was a world apart from room 11. The holiday from here just got better and better! The room was modern, clean and spacious, the sea view amazing.The beds were comfortable, the air-con worked very well and the shower was lovely. The meals were lovely with plenty to choose from every day and a different theme every night i.e Mexican, French, carvery etc. The pool, pool bar, poolside restaurant were all fab as was the main bar. There were several signs dotted about the hotel advising of prices if you were staying B&B or half-board to upgrade to all inclusive. B&B could upgrade to half board for 10 euro per person per night, the half board to all inclusive for 20 euro per person per night. I wish I would have had this info before I went due to our late arrival I would have booked B&B then upgraded the next day and save us some money! All in all I would definately go back to this hotel if I could guarantee that we would not be staying in rooms 1-11 as a full nights sleep would be impossible!

Room Tip: any room with 3 digets ie 101-420 are above the lobby/restaurant/bar and should be quiet,
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leanne-Adi-Finn
Reviewed September 15, 2011

After a five hour delay at Manchester Airport, thanks Monarch, my wife and two children, both under 10, arrived at the hotel at around 0430hrs. The porter was freindly enough and showed us to the family room we had booked, number 10, we finally got to bed around 0515hrs. We were then awoken at 0700hrs by the sound of people scraping chairs across the ceiling of our apartment. We later discovered that the patio area of the breakfast restaraunt was on our ceiling and from 0700-1000 every day, this was the relaxing sound we could expect. Later that evening, we met up with a bunch of friends as we were in Napa to attend a wedding the next day. When we got back to the apartment at 2300hrs the disco was still in full swing. Fine, but the disco area was the same space utilised for breakfast. As the disco carried on until 2330-0000hrs, this left me and my family with a relaxing 7 hour period for sleeping, really, if I had wanted these hours of "relaxation", I would have stayed at home and gone to work!!

We asked to be moved the next morning and were informed that we would be upgraded to a larger more comfortable room and as we were attending the wedding, that houskeeping would move our cases for us, for which I left a 10 euro tip as a way of thanks. On returning to the hotel after the wedding, we were given the keys to our new room, 219. This turned out to be a standard 2 person room with two camp beds shoe-horned next to the bed! It was, however as far away from the breakfast/disco area as possible and as we were out of the room for most of the day, were happy enough to tolerate the lack of space as this room was half the size of the family room we had paid for.

On the day of our departure, our flight was at 2325hrs and so we enquired about late check outs. We were told that it was 30 euros until 1500hrs, and 50 euros until 1700 hrs!!! By anyones standards this would seem a wee bit of a urine extraction. When we reminded them that we had not been accommodated in the room we required and could we stay until 1700hrs for 30 euros, we were flatly refused as we had requested the move out of the family room that was as un-family freindly as they come!

The hotel was clean and tidy enough although breakfast was limited and repetative, the pool area and poolside cafe were both quiet and of a high standard and the Animation team were brilliant with the kids.
Overalll, I would wholly recommend the Hotel to couples but never to families with younger kids due to the above mentiond location of the family rooms.

Dean,
Preston, England.

Room Tip: Go to a different Hotel if you have Kids.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Dean D
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We are two friends from Norway who has lived at the Bella Napa now in August - September .. 1 week .. Just come home and longs already back. not only because of the warmth and bathing, but also because of the wonderful people who work at the hotel :-) Missing .. :-( We had a fantastic week .. :-) We got a really nice room on the first floor overlooking the pool. Very good service from day one. We have nothing negative to say about the hotel or the staff. Always cheerful and welcoming. There is even Zumba at the hotel with beautiful Tatiana and water gym with handsome Danny :-) It was fun :-) The pool is not huge, but just right. It is nice and warm :-) There is a restaurant by the pool where they serve good food and you can dine in the shade. It is a nice pool bar where they provide service and gentle all the time even though it is insanely hot for them. Think the girls would have bikinis and guys shorts when they work in the poolbar. It is the only thing we can complain about .. :-) I hope the boss change it :-))) It is not far from downtown either .. Its music at the hotel in the evenings, even children's disco with makarena and bird dance ..:-))) Was fun for us too .. he he ..Its a long time sins I danced the bird dance :. he he.. A short distance down to the beautiful beach where there was fine white sand. Was at least 28 degrees in the water .. delicious! Recommended! We hope to come back soon :-))) I love you all at the Bella Napa and thank you for everything :-))) Nina and Marianne

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank NinaKvaal
Reviewed September 6, 2011

3star Hotel, Very Clean but Service not always brilliant when speaking to someone on the Reception. Stayed for a week all inclusive but would of been better to go Bed and Breakfast as Food didnt really Live up to My expectation.

We were a 20 minute walk from Napa Square but a 5 min From a Beach.

Hotel isnt Really for the English especially english families with children as not many activities or Entertainment is Provided.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank WestMidlandsTrouble
Reviewed September 3, 2011

I stayed here for two weeks with the family. perfect for a family holiday as an animation team is around all through the day and night entertaining the kids. They are brilliant!

Lovely hotel and beautiful location, amazing beaches and VERY hot weather :)

The town is only 15mins walk away with lots of bars, shops, restaurants, clubs and even an amusement park for the kids. Would recommend a day trip to Water World - possibly the best water park i have been to

hotel is very clean- rooms cleaned daily, fresh towels and balcony to dry clothes.

Staff are friendly - especially certain bar staff who are amazing and make the holiday extra enjoyable :)

Room Tip: sea view room
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family